Texas Forum Member Hunting In Delaware

Topics on New York hunting on the Delaware river to discuss, Delaware duck hunting, tactics and more.

Moderator: Daffy Ducking

Texas Forum Member Hunting In Delaware

Postby Daffy Ducking » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:23 am

Hey gang I got a guest coming in this season from Texas for some Brant and Black ducks. Schmidte217 will be gunning with me here in Delaware for a few days in January. I also believe the fellas from Michigan I had over last season are going to try to make it back up again this season too. We had a good time last year and got a good shot at some Brant and a few ducks. So WELCOME Schmidte217 :welcome: . I will post some pics of our hunt! :thumbsup:
Ever lay in bed at nite and hear geese honk and ducks quackin????
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby AAR » Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:00 am

Looking forward to it that's for sure :thumbsup: Can't wait to get up there and see what we can lay down. Never been up in that part of the country so excited about that as well.

Eric

http://www.AliveAgainRecreations.com
--Specializing in Waterfowl & Upland Bird Taxidermy--
-----World/International/National/State Awards--------
AAR
Forum Moderator

Postby nabbcrab » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:35 pm

Knocked down our limit of Brant last week. Very fun to shoot. No big ducks would decoy but there were a few buzzing around. IR seems to have plenty of Brant. What part of TX?
nabbcrab
hunter

Postby JohnM » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:07 pm

What type of decoys do you guys use for Brant?Will they decoy to Canada Floaters?I know that they are a stupid bird and will decoy with you and your dog out in the dekes but wich are best.
JOHN
Local 313, NAHC LM, DU,NRA

Trying To Teach An Old Dog Some New Tricks
JohnM
hunter

Postby nabbcrab » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:09 pm

JM, I'll tell you what I did but I'm sure there are some experts on here that can help us both out. It was my first time shooting Brant. I only had Mallard Dekes. I belive location to be the most important for Brant. We set up where eel grass is normally there during the summer. We had a few birds fly toward us but not all came in. Perhaps a flag may help??? Anyhow, we shot at two nicely decoying groups and got our limit. The dog loved it. Don't forget, bacon makes everything taste better. :thumbsup:
nabbcrab
hunter

Postby xtrema007 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:20 pm

last week we were hunting IR and limited out on brant also I should have some pics up soon one was a double banded... all we had out was mallards and they locked rite up to the decoys and duck calling lol we were supposed to go today but with the weather I dunno
xtrema007
hunter

Re: Texas Forum Member Hunting In Delaware

Postby gunner7848 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:36 pm

Daffy Ducking wrote:Hey gang I got a guest coming in this season from Texas for some Brant and Black ducks. Schmidte217 will be gunning with me here in Delaware for a few days in January. I also believe the fellas from Michigan I had over last season are going to try to make it back up again this season too. We had a good time last year and got a good shot at some Brant and a few ducks. So WELCOME Schmidte217 :welcome: . I will post some pics of our hunt! :thumbsup:

We will be there again and this will be the last year for us. I'm going to plan a hunt out west for some other birds. Will see you in a few weeks
2007 season
1 TURKEY-1-10" BEARD
WALLEYE:
BOATED-176
Me-78
GEESE-34
DUCK-58
BANDS-3
My favorite duck and goose call timber call and Michigander by David Lewis
gunner7848
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:23 pm

You guys be careful coming out here this year so no accidents like last year happen!!! :no: Tim call me when you all arrive and we will link up! See ya's soon!!! :thumbsup:
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Postby gunner7848 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:26 pm

We are used to the cold and boat will be ready but I don't think you all get to hunt in 10 degree weather. all the time. Dan got his decoys and likes them a lot.
2007 season
1 TURKEY-1-10" BEARD
WALLEYE:
BOATED-176
Me-78
GEESE-34
DUCK-58
BANDS-3
My favorite duck and goose call timber call and Michigander by David Lewis
gunner7848
hunter

Postby Daffy Ducking » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:09 pm

Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:26 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are used to the cold and boat will be ready but I don't think you all get to hunt in 10 degree weather. all the time. Dan got his decoys and likes them a lot.
:lol: :rofl: :biggrin: :yes: Real Funny Tim!!! I was referring to your buddies that got into the accident on the way out to Delaware in Michigan!!!!That was a mess with that darn motor and honestly the first time that did that! And yes we do not usually have 10 degree weather like you boys do! So be sure to bring your sun screen with ya in January because the weather should be around 30 - 40 degrees :banger: !Be sure to pack your shorts and flip flops!!! :thumbsup: I just could'nt let you boys come down without doing a little work! :yes:I am glad Danny likes his decoys. They were carved by Captain Bob Jobes of Havre De Grace, Maryland. I collect his decoys as well. See ya soon.
Daffy Ducking
State Moderator

Return to Delaware Duck Hunting