2nd International Tarpon-Bonefish Symposium at IGFA Dania

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

2nd International Tarpon-Bonefish Symposium at IGFA Dania

Postby Dead Ringer » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:03 pm

Anyone interested in bonefish and tarpon should check out this event. I will be one of the speakers and will be discussing my current research on juvenille tarpon. For more info, PM me or check out www.tarbone.com. RSVP necessary, symposium is free to students.

Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited (BTU) and the Fisheries Conservation Foundation (FCF) announce
the formation of a joint fisheries conservation effort:

The BTU-FCF Flats Fishing Alliance:

Bonefish & Tarpon Unlimited and the Fisheries Conservation Foundation Working Together for
Research and Education.

BTU is a recreational-angler based organization committed to preserving and enhancing the
bonefish and tarpon fisheries globally through research, education, and prudent management to
build sustainable fisheries.

FCF, an outreach arm of the American Fisheries Society (AFS), is a science-based conservation
organization whose mission is to promote a better understanding of marine and freshwater
fishery resource issues among fishery users, the general public, and political decision makers.

BTU and FCF have come together in this Alliance to provide a combined scientific vision for
addressing future research needs and for communicating information about bonefish, tarpon,
permit and the flats ecosystem to anglers, decision makers and the general public. The Alliance
will also develop strategies to provide the funding needed to support those activities.

The 2nd International Tarpon-Bonefish Symposium will be held at the IGFA Hall of Fame in Dania
Beach, Florida, on January 9-10, 2006.

The first day of the Symposium, organized and sponsored by BTU, will consist of a series of
scientific presentations by experts from around the globe that will address the State of the
Science for these flats fishes. This session will be open to the public.
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.
- Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)
Dead Ringer
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting