New to Florida, Need Help!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

New to Florida, Need Help!

Postby Waldoduck » Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:26 am

With the approach another waterfowl season only days away, I am sad to report that I have no clue as to where to go and how to hunt here in Florida. I live in the Northern Miami area. I would like to meet other waterfoul hunters that might be willing to help me get started here in Florida. I have hunted waterfowl for many years in Indiana, Kentucky, Tennesse, and Arkansas. I am a safe and responsible hunter. Anyone that would be willing to help me would be welcomed. My email adress is emersonphoto@bellsouth.net.

Ralph W. Emerson, II
Waldoduck
Newb

Postby MNduckhunter » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:30 pm

Waldo-

you ever find someone to go out hunting with? I am in the same boat as you, i am from Minnesota and am down in Florida attending college at FAU in Boca Raton, FL.

Did you make it out hunting last season at all?

MNduckhunter
MNduckhunter
Keep the sportsmanship on the top of your list along with taking kids out and teaching them the love of the sport. Whether it be hunting or fishing, teach them the right and smart way to be a Sportsman.
MNduckhunter
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:47 am

I can prolly help you out if you don't mind driving a couple hours. I've got the birds pretty well figured out here in Melbourne if you guys would want to ride along. The last few years we have consisently put down teal, ringnecks, bluebills, redheads, and mottleds. Marsh hunting puddlers and mangrove hunting divers.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Also new and in the Palm Bay area

Postby Texas-ex » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:06 pm

Hey guys,
I am also new and would like to find some hunting buddies and learn the ropes here in Florida. I don't mind driving a little. I hunted and did a little guiding in Texas aver the past few years but all the hunting was on Bays and marsh areas. I don't owna boat and usually walked into the areas I hunted. I would like to get into some hunting this coming season. I have most of the equipment such as decoys and a sled to pull them in. Thanks for any help in advance.

Texas-ex
Texas-ex
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:10 pm

If you are in Palm Bay then you don't have to drive far. We've got some pretty good #s of birds here in January.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Postby jtlillia » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:50 am

I GREAT PLACE FOR YOU GUY TO START IS UNITED WATERFOWLERS OF FLORIDA. WE ARE A GROUP OF DUCK HUNTERS WORKING FOR BETTER FLORIDA WATERFOWLING. EVERYONE IN THE GROUP IS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP OTHERS. ALSO DELTA, AND DU HAVE CHAPTERS IN SOUTH FLORIDA. THE DUCKS UNLIMITED CHAPTER OF HOLLWYOOD IS HAVING OUR BANQUET THIS SATURDAY NIGHT AUGUST 20TH. TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR. IT IS A GOOD WAY TO MEET PEOPLE. THE BANQUET IS AT 6PM AT THE MIAMI SHOWMAN'S ASSOCIATION HALL ON GRIFFEN RD IN DANIA BEACH. I BELIEVE THE ADDRESS IS 3391 GRIFFIN RD. E-MAIL ME TONIGHT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. I STRONGLY URGE YOU TO BECOME A MEMBER OF ONE OR ALL 3 GROUPS.

JOE
uwf,du,nwtf,nra,rmef,sci,nahc
jtlillia
Newb

New to Melbourne

Postby Dead Ringer » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:36 pm

I just moved to Melbourne. I came up from Miami (glad to get out of there) to do graduate work on tarpon. I'm familiar with the hunting areas in South Florida, but have limited experience up here on the IRL and in MINWR and no idea about the St. John's. Got an 18ft open fisherman, but the john boat stayed in Miami with my father. I'd love to get a good hunting crew together up here. Anyone interested.

Headed down to the Big O for teal season with my old man, and I'll be sure to post our findings.
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.
- Publilius Syrus (~100 BC)
Dead Ringer
hunter

Postby Evil_McNasty » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:39 pm

I've been wanting to head down to Okee for a weekend hunt trip for some time now.

Let us know what you get/see this weekend.
Evil_McNasty
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting