Jacksonville

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Jacksonville

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am

Who all on here is from or in Jacksonville or went to University of North Florida? I have a few questions to ask about the area as a whole
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Re: Jacksonville

Postby sdeshazo » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 am

I live just South around Julington Creek.
1548 Legend Craft with a MB 4oooS
MoMarsh Fatboy DP
Boykin Spaniel
sdeshazo
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:18 pm

c'mon man go to FSU
BigBend
State Moderator

Jacksonville

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

I wanna get out if Tallahassee for a few years. Ive never really liked FSU. I don't like the campus and I can't stand a lot of the people. Lots of cheesy Miami kids
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby chris_k » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:10 pm

Go to Gainesville. UF is a great school and hands down the best university (at least academically) in the state.
I did my undergrad and grad there. Great education. You really can't beat it unless you go out-of-state.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Jacksonville

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:47 pm

I'll never go to UF. Application process is over anyway. Of all the schools I have applied I have narrowed it down to ole miss and UNF.
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:10 pm

If you got the $$$ to go out of state then ole miss is a no brainer. Hunting in MS beats guana
BigBend
State Moderator

Jacksonville

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:43 pm

The $$$ would come from scholarships and financial aid haha. That's why I'm still deciding. If it was paided for, I would already be enrolled in ole miss.
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby chris_k » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 am

Well, you really can't beat the hunting opportunities that you will have around Oxford, MS. You'll have a lot of places around there to hunt and it will beat any hunting you will do in Florida. But hunting should be the least of your concerns when in school. Worry about your education and the other stuff will come later. A good education and a better paying career will present you a lot more opportunities to hunt in the future.
Plus getting into Ole Miss is going to be a heck of a lot easier than getting into UF. You can get admitted to FSU or UNF with a driver's license and a high school diploma lol
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Jacksonville

Postby quackhunter99 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:18 am

I'm just wondering if it would be worth bringing my gear and stuff. If already been through all the academic information. I'm just trying to figure out the atmosphere now. And as for ole miss, ya it's pretty easy to get into, but UNF is more selective, and FSU is pretty tough, I had a buddy get rejected with a 3.5
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby JAXDuckMan » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:20 am

I’ve been to UNF and I hated it. Parking sucks, tutor a lab has crappy hours :mad: I'd have a hard time passing calculus if I did that class at UNF. The professors are also the same ones that teach at Florida State College at Jacksonville you can do duel enrolment here in JAX to save a ton of cash. I liked FSCJ until I had to find a another school because I completed my AA. But UNF is nice lots of sweet p##ntang running around. Pick the school that’s the cheapest that has a good name, where part time jobs are easier to find, and were the duck hunting is within a short drive. JAX fits that bill... :thumbsup:
2012/13 season
16-BW teal
16 Bluebills
1 hog, 5 more hogs with friends.
JAXDuckMan
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:39 am

Ive been in Jax now for arount ten years. The area as a whole is pretty nice. I've never been to Ole Miss, but I know that if you were to choose UNF, I don't think that you would regret your choice. Its a good school, and there is a decent amount of hunting in the area, great fishing too.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby FlatLiner13 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:06 pm

Well I go to UNF and as stated before, teachers can be horrible but ratemyprofessor.com can be a life saver. FSCJ offers good dual enrollment classes and I continue to go there for classes(Depending on your major you can go there up through most of your bachelors degree...) There's plenty of scenery while going to class, in class, and from class haha :thumbsup:
Jacksonville can be great but you have to get out, its not a college town by any means as like gainsville or tally but I like the fact that its not. Also driving to tally/Gainsville for games and just going there to party makes for fun weekends/roadtrips out of jax. I'll be finishing up my bachelors next spring. There's plenty of hunting/fishng around here and the surrounding areas but you can't be lazy and I find it best to keep my mouth shut once I've found an area. If you have any specific questions send me a pm I'll be glad to answer best I can
FlatLiner13
hunter

Postby widgeon drake » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:32 pm

hi guys:

I need to know if in waterfowl season is legal hunt in the marshes near mayport, (brown marshes,cedar point creek) i move month ago from Orlando,fl . I need to start scout place close, I live in Orange Park, i find banyard managment area in greencove i dont know if is good for ducks there.If somebody can help me,I have boat and all equipment for hunting.

Appreciate any information,Thanks
widgeon drake
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:27 pm

Dial up FWC and ask the local warden. They are pretty good about being able to let you know if the area is legal to hunt. If it is the marshes i'm thinking of by Mayport, you would be wasting your time hunting them. I used to fish over out of Oak Harbor and around the base. Only saw a few local birds, but never enough to make me want to go look into hunting it. Not entirely sure you can hunt there though.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 am

Decided on Ole Miss instead of UNF. Just liked it 10x better. Right now Im talking to a duck hunting guide we used to lease land from about working for him :thumbsup: :grooving:
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby JAXDuckMan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:18 am

Most of the marshes in mayport are part of the Timmacuana preserve and hunting is not allowed. Outside the preserve is okay on the ICW you got get a few maps and find out where the presverves end/start. Its pretty skechy beucause alot of timacuana preserve isnt on a map.
2012/13 season
16-BW teal
16 Bluebills
1 hog, 5 more hogs with friends.
JAXDuckMan
hunter

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm

LMAO.....UNF more selective???? you can have a 2.0 GPA and get into UNF, trust me...I went there for a year and a half with a 2.5 highschool GPA. they dont give a damn. you'll hate it with a passion if your not a hippie stoner or a surfer skate rat type. only duck opportunities is guana and its garbage now. fishing is good. deer and turkey hunting are decent options. all in all jacksonville is an old industrial city and sucks and UNF sucks even worse. good luck tho. :thumbsup:

but if you want some info on duck hunting opportunities in your area PM me.
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby widgeon drake » Sun May 20, 2012 7:17 am

If somebody need a partner for hunting this tear
widgeon drake
hunter

Postby widgeon drake » Sun May 20, 2012 7:22 am

If somebody need a Partner for Hunting this year, I"m available. I have all the equipment for waterfowl hunting. I move from Orlando three month ago.
widgeon drake
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting