DU Decals

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

DU Decals

Postby tknight006 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:56 pm

Just expressing a thought.... What percentage of people who have a DU sticker on their vehicle, do you actually think are members of DU.

I work with a guy who has a massive DU decal on his back window... Excited that there was another hunter in my Squadron, I approached him on the subject, only to find that he had never hunted... just liked the sticker.

Anyhow, to each his own, and I really don't care... it was just a thought

I have a LSU sticker on my trucker, yet I never went.. maybe I want people to think I have my degree...lol
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Re: DU Decals

Postby Ichabod97 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:33 pm

You've seen my back window. :lol3: Every sticker i have on it is because i'm either a member of the organization, use the product, or believe what the organization stands for/participates and helps out with the organization.

I have had the same run in up here as well. See lots of DU stickers, only 1 have i talked with was actually a DU member and a duck hunter.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby BigBend » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:48 am

I took mine off, there are some real idiots that put those stickers on just for the brand recognition. That and the Browning buckmark.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby tknight006 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:56 am

Ichabod, your back window looks like you have your own duck hunting tv show...lol..

BigBend... Didn't even think about the Browning decal, that may be even worse... I saw a van that had two big ones and four little ones to represent their family members... hilarious!
tknight006
hunter

Postby Tuff5254 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

BigBend wrote:I took mine off, there are some real idiots that put those stickers on just for the brand recognition. That and the Browning buckmark.

And thats why i dont have either one!
Tuff5254
hunter

Postby FlatLiner13 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:19 am

Here's my take on this- Like Ichabod97 said, I think the same. How ever my father who taught me to hunt since i was young and could go, used to be on the on a local DU committee and worked with them for some time. So I was brought up in it and when got older joined myself. I do how ever not get the local trend of browning stickers and the works. Even in high school, kids I saw that I was positive had no knowledge of anything about hunting would hit up the local wally world or sporting store get dressed head to toe and come into school wearing a whole outfit fit with turkey vest and all. Or the classic guy walking out of dicks wearing the blue military camo decked out, I still laugh at what my pops said as that guy walked by "guess he's prepared to go blend in the ocean"Just amazes me of their thought process but to each there own i guess. But it sure can make me shake my head and laugh :lol3: ...
FlatLiner13
hunter

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 pm

I have never seen that many DU stickers and never really imagined someone repping the sticker if they werent a member. Personally, I don't see a problem with people repping the sticker. It promotes the organization and helps raise membership(more money for ducks). Furthermore, I'm not sure of anywhere to purchase a DU sticker, so I'd bet most of the stickers you see are from legitimate members.
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:45 am

sigalphjoe44 wrote:I have never seen that many DU stickers and never really imagined someone repping the sticker if they werent a member. Personally, I don't see a problem with people repping the sticker. It promotes the organization and helps raise membership(more money for ducks). Furthermore, I'm not sure of anywhere to purchase a DU sticker, so I'd bet most of the stickers you see are from legitimate members.

Take a trip to Tally and check out some local high schools. It's like the mecca here. And as far as getting a DU sticker, most sign shops can make any size you want. I agree that it puts a little money towards DU efforts, but the only stickers that generates income for DU are the ones sent out by DU when you join, or maybe you can find some at macks or cabellas.The ones that cover the entire back window of a truck is bootleg. Let them fools that are posers look goofy. I always enjoy a good laugh when I see one.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:10 pm

I do like the idea that it brings money for DU... I also like that its free advertising.

I do know that they are on any car decal website, they are 3.99 at Academy.

Its not as bad as all the new Bama fans I see after the National Championship.... Bama stickers and flags are all over the military base I'm stationed at.
tknight006
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:51 pm

I almost forgot about salt life stickers, if you've ever seen the beach I guess that means you're living the salt life.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:00 pm

After I posted this I broke out my Macks catalog and saw the DU sticker, so I'll retract that portion of my prior post. I guess its like with anything, you'll always run into posers.
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:12 pm

waterdogds wrote:I almost forgot about salt life stickers, if you've ever seen the beach I guess that means you're living the salt life.

Salt Life for sure!!! I think you win with this one.... The guys that started it live here in jax... there are people with Salt Life tattooed on their backs and stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I really like some of their shirts and I fish more than enough to where it wouldn't be false representation., but they never look quality made, so I don't get them. I won't put one of their stickers on my truck either... for my own reasons though...

I should say, I did by seat covers for my truck that were Max 4, and when I opened them up, there was a DU logo on the headrest... at the time, I wasn't a paying memeber, but I was still an avid duck hunter... I am now a paying member, lol.
tknight006
hunter

Postby blackrhino » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 pm

The only sticker on my company truck is a DU Committe sticker because I am. The only stickers on my personal truck is a DU Florida sticker and our Duck Club sticker. My boss has a white DU head on his back window (small) and has never duck hunted but does support our chapter ever year as well as T.U. Being in a college town I always dream I had invented the salt ife or Buckhead logos. Somebody is livin' large off of frat boys.
Duck'n ain't easy!
blackrhino
hunter

Postby duckluck » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

:yes: Man, you guys really are anti-sticker :hammer: :clapping:
First shot I usually miss, the second I normally hit in the same spot, the third more or less is like a "screw that coot!"

Don't write a check with your mouth, That your ass can't cash!
duckluck
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:31 pm

duckluck wrote::yes: Man, you guys really are anti-sticker :hammer: :clapping:

anti poser
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby duckluck » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:39 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:

anti poser

you sound like your in highschool, If someone wears a college team shirt from another state, are they a poser too?! lmao :lol: :hammer: :grooving: :fingerhead: :clapping:
First shot I usually miss, the second I normally hit in the same spot, the third more or less is like a "screw that coot!"

duckluck
hunter

Postby BigBend » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm

Its okay if you have DU decals duckluck
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby duckluck » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:18 pm

BigBend wrote:Its okay if you have DU decals duckluck

:lol: :lol: :clapping: :yes: :wink: Wellllll not yet! actually just joined the local chapter last month, so soon will be rocking the DU stickkaaa!

BUT I do however have a old college decal and I graduated 2 years ago ANDDD I have a UF license plate and never attended!!! Man, what a friggin poser right! LMAO, wish I could be like you guys! :bow: :bow: :bow: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

:fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

duckluck
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am

well, i have a ducks unlimited sticker on my truck and i am a lifetime memeber, dont support it near as much as i used to.... :sad:
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm

duckluck wrote:
quackhunter99 wrote:

anti poser

you sound like your in highschool, If someone wears a college team shirt from another state, are they a poser too?! lmao :lol: :hammer: :grooving: :fingerhead: :clapping:

I wasnt calling you a poser you dipwad :lol: . I meant im fine with people having DU stickers, but i dont like people who only have it because it looks cool, the people who hardly even duck hunt. Oh and i graduated from highschool this year :hi: . I have seen so many kids at other schools with DU stickers that kill maybe 2 wood ducks a year,or dont even hunt. I get tired of the "posers". And yes I do where shirts from an out of state school, because I am going out of state in the fall. Mississippi to be exact. That didnt go the way you expected now did it? (I dont have a DU sticker, I have a MPW feather on the top right, University of Mississippi sticker in the middle, tarpon on the top left. Honk if you pass me on the road :thumbsup:
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby duckluck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:33 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:
duckluck wrote:
quackhunter99 wrote:

anti poser

I wasnt calling you a poser you dipwad :lol: . I meant im fine with people having DU stickers, but i dont like people who only have it because it looks cool, the people who hardly even duck hunt. Oh and i graduated from highschool this year :hi: . I have seen so many kids at other schools with DU stickers that kill maybe 2 wood ducks a year,or dont even hunt. I get tired of the "posers". And yes I do where shirts from an out of state school, because I am going out of state in the fall. Mississippi to be exact. That didnt go the way you expected now did it? (I dont have a DU sticker, I have a MPW feather on the top right, University of Mississippi sticker in the middle, tarpon on the top left. Honk if you pass me on the road :thumbsup:

hey no worries, this explains the incompetence of understanding the point at hand. :fingerhead:

duckluck
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:54 pm

here's my thought, (probably very unpopular, but truthful nonetheless)

How many people with DU stickers on there trucks actually know what DU does? Whether hunters or not, do they actually understand what DU is doing and how it affects their hunting.

DU is a organization that buys up land, plants it, floods it for the ducks, and then doesnt allow people to hunt it, all in the good name of "conservation".

Conservation is properly managing the population by making habitat and controlling the bag limits. Its not just hording ducks and not letting people kill them.

IMO, it sounds like a bunch of damn democrats came up with the idea.

So the people with the "Oh hell ya DU is so bad ass!" mentality, do you realize they are actually hindering your hunting rather than helping it.

maybe not true for this area directly, but def true in the Miss flyway and up in the tennessee area.

let the bashing begin..... :no:

ps, i drive a big white f-350 with a DMB sticker, a watch for motorcycles, and a Stilletto hammer sticker. you can honk at me too, but be careful bc i will run your ass off the road. lol
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby duckluck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm

duckhunter48 wrote:here's my thought, (probably very unpopular, but truthful nonetheless)

How many people with DU stickers on there trucks actually know what DU does? Whether hunters or not, do they actually understand what DU is doing and how it affects their hunting.

DU is a organization that buys up land, plants it, floods it for the ducks, and then doesnt allow people to hunt it, all in the good name of "conservation".

Conservation is properly managing the population by making habitat and controlling the bag limits. Its not just hording ducks and not letting people kill them.

IMO, it sounds like a bunch of damn democrats came up with the idea.

So the people with the "Oh hell ya DU is so bad ass!" mentality, do you realize they are actually hindering your hunting rather than helping it.

maybe not true for this area directly, but def true in the Miss flyway and up in the tennessee area.

let the bashing begin..... :no:

ps, i drive a big white f-350 with a DMB sticker, a watch for motorcycles, and a Stilletto hammer sticker. you can honk at me too, but be careful bc i will run your ass off the road. lol

I feel sorry for the local chapters in your area then, Because I personally here in FL (and anybody from the area can say) Not only has DU, and many local waterfowl organizations help open areas for demansing waterfowlers, but also allow them (the public) to make multiple attempts/propisitions at changing and altering a area depending on what the public feels. (Unfortunatly this isn't always the best, for we here in S FL just had a run in with a local area.) None the less, it wasn't any of the local organizations fault... So I don't beleive one bit that they purchase land and " doesnt allow people to hunt it, all in the good name of "conservation". " EVEN IF THEY DID PURCHASE LAND AND DIDN'T ALLOW WATERFOWL HUNTING... I much rether it be a HUGE parsel of land that could be used as a local refuge to help the surronding WMAs with pressure. Not too mention the fact it will never be the next "Lowe's" or retirement attraction for snow birds.

This was (still is) a funny subject that so many adults (and obviosuly young kids/adults) have a problem with someone putting a sticker on their car/truck ... because their "posing to be something" ... so who give a flying donkey dong what sticker they have?! :lol3: I do admit with the more Television aired with profit being made its increased the "look" of duck hunting and everyone wants a piece of the pie! Hey great, just because Jimmy the crab trapper liked the DU sticker and thought it would be cool on their truck... NO MATTER WHERE HE GOT IT. It shows the producers (of many duck hunting equip./shows/organizations/schools/groups/etc..) hey, this duck hunting stuff is huge, lets create a market for it! To have a market you have to have an area to hunt, without an area to hunt, NO MARKET=NI PROFIT... idk, to me it is nothing but help to the sport and future of waterfowl.

This is just my opinuion, just like the previous poster's thought on the subject. To each his/her own and I respect that. I just remeber a day when most of us grew up and didn't judge someone... out of all things... lmao, because of their decals on a truck... :hammer: :lol:

again... whatever floats you boat! Or in this case... whatever covers your truck window! :beer:

duckluck
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:06 pm

For the record,

I don't spend my time thinking about what stickers are trending, who is wearing what etc. I just don't have a du decal because I think its used more for brand recognition like the Browning buck mark. Is the act of putting a sticker on really helping the ducks and the fight against habitat depletion? Seems about as effective as calling other members out on their age and correlating that to their opinnion. Put a decal on, it sounds like you at least have an idea of how du contributes, but just because there are those who don't have one on does not mean that we are against du's cause. Oh look another 250 address labels from du....
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby duckluck » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:28 pm

BigBend wrote:For the record,

I don't spend my time thinking about what stickers are trending, who is wearing what etc. I just don't have a du decal because I think its used more for brand recognition like the Browning buck mark. Is the act of putting a sticker on really helping the ducks and the fight against habitat depletion? Seems about as effective as calling other members out on their age and correlating that to their opinnion. Put a decal on, it sounds like you at least have an idea of how du contributes, but just because there are those who don't have one on does not mean that we are against du's cause. Oh look another 250 address labels from du....

And I neither spend my time "trending about stickers" bigbend, I however do love going through these forums, and when in the mood to state my opinuion like everyone else.... I do. No body is wrong nor right in my mind honestly... I could care less wheither any of you have one or not... I never sported one until recently me moving. I have no family and maybe a friend or two in this area. thought it would be a good way to not only learn the area/scout, meet new friends, and heck... even help out locally with the duck hunting. SO... Not that I need to back my reasoning for joing DU, but so the label of "poser" doesnt flood everyone on this forum that I am a "poser". :wink: As for just slapping a sticker on a truck " really helping the ducks and the fight against habitat depletion? " probably not... But I would like to think it helps the sport as a whole and as a market... which someone down the line, then relates to waterfowl hunting and my privledge to hunt a area. It's better then a "I support Obama" sticker :fingerhead: :hammer:

as for "calling other members out on their age and correlating that to their opinnion" Lets not pretend for a moment that this isn't a public forum to which multiple people of all age ranges come to chatter their thoughts and opinuions... For that being said, the young man thought other people are surley labled "posers" because they have any stickers of any type... Then further more they are STILL posers if they shoot a woodduck or two a year. So since we are on the subject about calling people out about their age... lets go ahead and stop calling people out because they have a sticker and may or may not shoot a couple ducks a year... :huh: :bow:

To bring this subject to a rest I also could care less if you were the number one contribuitor to duck hunting and didn't parade ANYTYPE of duck hunting subject matter anywhere! Don't turn this around to me bashing you guys for not supporting DU decals because it may or may not support DU. I simply read many people having a problem with others having duck hunting stickers when they may knew very little to nothing about the sport.... There for... They are "posers" I don't beleive in this type of sterotyping... that is the only point bring. :thumbsup:

duckluck
hunter

Next

Return to Florida Duck Hunting