DU Decals

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: DU Decals

Postby duckhunter48 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:54 pm

duckluck wrote:

So I don't beleive one bit that they purchase land and " doesnt allow people to hunt it, all in the good name of "conservation". " EVEN IF THEY DID PURCHASE LAND AND DIDN'T ALLOW WATERFOWL HUNTING...

DU cant even band ducks...they do nothing for ducks. they do alot for the habitat that ducks like, but nothing for the actual duck hunters/conservation side of it. its kind of like saying "there is a shortage of something, so i am going to gather as many of those things that i can so there will always be some of them left, but you can never use or enjoy any of them."
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby duckluck » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:19 pm

duckhunter48 wrote:
duckluck wrote:

So I don't beleive one bit that they purchase land and " doesnt allow people to hunt it, all in the good name of "conservation". " EVEN IF THEY DID PURCHASE LAND AND DIDN'T ALLOW WATERFOWL HUNTING...

DU cant even band ducks...they do nothing for ducks. they do alot for the habitat that ducks like, but nothing for the actual duck hunters/conservation side of it. its kind of like saying "there is a shortage of something, so i am going to gather as many of those things that i can so there will always be some of them left, but you can never use or enjoy any of them."

Not too sure where the banding comment came in... :huh: but I never said they could or did, this is a county, state, and federal biologist job... Not a sportsman oprganizations job. They may HELP with the practices but I've never heard them directly involved. Usually a local chapter (group of guys) offer to help the biologists out for the weekend.

I think your very far off with your thoughts on how DU works...

not sure where you guys are getting your information, because you can hunt quite a bit of DU's land ... Heres ONE of MANY examples...

http://www.ducks.org/quebec/news/6512/p ... uth-dakota

DU also does a ton of land managment help with land owners, the land owner may own the propertey but will lease out the wetlands/marsh to DU to allow growth of waterfowl conditions and overall game habitat.

so no.... "there is a shortage of something, so i am going to gather as many of those things that i can so there will always be some of them left, but you can never use or enjoy any of them." This statement is false, you can use and enjoy a ton of land offered by DU. No some may not be open for just waterfowl, or waterfowl at all... Then at times the property may only come open a few years then goes dormant for awhile... But yes, you can indeed hunt DU's land, thus DU whether you want to beleive it or not... Does a TON for duck hunters and the conservation side of it... Maybe not you in your local area, for I have only seen DU do one thing for us in our local area... But thats ok... theres a whole country who all want a piece of the pie. :beer:
First shot I usually miss, the second I normally hit in the same spot, the third more or less is like a "screw that coot!"

Don't write a check with your mouth, That your ass can't cash!
duckluck
hunter

Postby BigBend » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:28 pm

this thread was dead for over 4 months :no:

BigBend
State Moderator

Postby duckluck » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:46 pm

BigBend wrote:this thread was dead for over 4 months :no:

andd it's back up :fingerhead:
First shot I usually miss, the second I normally hit in the same spot, the third more or less is like a "screw that coot!"

duckluck
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 am

allll this over a sticker lol
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:44 am

duckluck wrote:
BigBend wrote:this thread was dead for over 4 months :no:

andd it's back up :fingerhead:

It's back up because you keep trying to argue a point which has nothing to do with the opinion made by the original poster.

DU is great, most of us will agree, but that's not what this thread is about. You obviously don't have a problem with "posers", and some of us do. That's what's so great about being a free willed American. I can put what I want on my truck, and I can think or say whatever I want about what you choose to put on yours.

As you posted a few post back, let's put this subject to rest. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby duckluck » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am

Very true, so why cant i bring it back up with us being free willed americans, you statwd yours i stated mine...i think all it is now is who can get the last word in...lmao, so if i dont reply back to the next smart ass... you'll know why:-D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

duckluck
hunter

Postby BigBend » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:29 am

This thread is no longer serving a purpose. Don't revive stale threads start new ones. Ill get the last word.
BigBend
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting