It doesnt stop at duck hunting....tally's finest.

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

It doesnt stop at duck hunting....tally's finest.

Postby duckhunter48 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:10 pm

I guess the idiots have decided to expand there horizon this year. Hearing people wail on turkey calls trying to get birds to gobble a week before season starts..i guess they think that that particular bird is just going to come right back to them in a week after just coming to a yelping green pickup truck. I have no idea why i thought the stupidity would stop at the duck hunting WMA's..

It's called "listening" for a reason. Some people just dont understand i guess.
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Re: It doesnt stop at duck hunting....tally's finest.

Postby waterdogds » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Turkey hunting is ten times worse than duck hunting, especially these days. By the second weekend every bird in the surrounding WMA's will have heard every call Wal-Mart sells. I use the same tactic that I use when duck hunting. Go somewhere that's difficult to get to. I've given up hunting from any major road where my truck is visible, its like there is a sign on my truck that says....Hey, there's a turkey here. Why don't you pull down the road 100 yds ten minutes after the first gobble, set up and put a rut in your slate call. Please educate this turkey for me. Private land is great if you have access, but public land is public, and its filled with morons. Good luck everyone. Look out for Mr. No Shoulders, its warm and they are sure to be out.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:30 am

Ahh the glory of having a large family farm in south georgia. I only have to deal with the idiots on the lakes and not in the woods.
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby reelsouthern1220 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 am

quackhunter99 wrote:Ahh the glory of having a large family farm in south georgia. I only have to deal with the idiots on the lakes and not in the woods.

Amen. I can't imagine dealing with it through turkey season too.
reelsouthern1220
hunter

Postby bdub » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:37 am

Never been turkey hunting on public land but I would imagine that it would be really dangerous with idiots. Seeing how you could call someone right up to you and put some rather large pellets into your face! Dont think im gonna try that public scene.
bdub
hunter

Postby chris_k » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 am

It's not bad. Just don't gobble and don't carry your decoys in plain view. Put them in a bag or backpack, so nobody shoots them while on you.

Y'all need to stop whining like a bunch of little girls.

Plus, crowding just adds to the challenge.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:04 pm

chris_k wrote:
Y'all need to stop whining like a bunch of little girls.

Plus, crowding just adds to the challenge.

As if it was not challenging enough. I like to see them strut, hear them spit and drum. But all that's out the door with 4 people calling at the same bird. Notice I said calling AT. Forgive me for my rant, but a turkey doesn't need any help being wary or afraid of what's unnatural. I like to hunt them with a bow, so there's no such thing as run and gun. This makes for little opportunity to set up on multiple unmolested birds. So basically, I get one crack at the bird I'm after. I really hope your just joking around. Good luck everyone.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:29 pm

The idiots aren't just on public land...hunted private land opening morning and got to experience the thrill of a .22 being shot in my direction twice. I could hear birds between me and where the shots came from (less than 200 yards away), and I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume the turkeys were on his property. That still doesn't change the fact that this guy is an idiot. If you're going to hunt the property line or close to it, at least shoot into your own land...especially if you're going to cheat and use a rifle.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby chris_k » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:00 pm

DUCK-DAWG wrote:The idiots aren't just on public land...hunted private land opening morning and got to experience the thrill of a .22 being shot in my direction twice. I could hear birds between me and where the shots came from (less than 200 yards away), and I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume the turkeys were on his property. That still doesn't change the fact that this guy is an idiot. If you're going to hunt the property line or close to it, at least shoot into your own land...especially if you're going to cheat and use a rifle.

lol he was probably shooting at your decoys :lol3:
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:09 pm

chris_k wrote:
DUCK-DAWG wrote:The idiots aren't just on public land...hunted private land opening morning and got to experience the thrill of a .22 being shot in my direction twice. I could hear birds between me and where the shots came from (less than 200 yards away), and I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt and assume the turkeys were on his property. That still doesn't change the fact that this guy is an idiot. If you're going to hunt the property line or close to it, at least shoot into your own land...especially if you're going to cheat and use a rifle.

lol he was probably shooting at your decoys :lol3:

Ha... :lol3: Had I had any out at that point, I would have thought that's what had happened. I was close enough to where he had shot that the birds he shot into came running past me at 50 yards. My initial reaction was that he was poaching onto my buddy's property (and he may have been), so I immediately jumped up to look for him. Those turkeys were already freaked out and in a full sprint, and the second they saw me standing there they erupted into every direction possible.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting