No cabelas in florida = no taxes w/ free shipping ?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

No cabelas in florida = no taxes w/ free shipping ?

Postby vpadfsu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:20 am

I know florida has basspro shop and gander mountain. Is anyone familiar with Cabelas? They sell their own brand stuff such as waders and clothing. According to their guarantee their products are life time warranty...is this true? Hows the quality? Only reason i ask because we dont have one in florida which means no taxes and they seem to offer free shipping...please let me know the quality of their brand items if you've owned them...
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Re: No cabelas in florida = no taxes w/ free shipping ?

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 am

vpadfsu wrote:I know florida has basspro shop and gander mountain. Is anyone familiar with Cabelas? They sell their own brand stuff such as waders and clothing. According to their guarantee their products are life time warranty...is this true? Hows the quality? Only reason i ask because we dont have one in florida which means no taxes and they seem to offer free shipping...please let me know the quality of their brand items if you've owned them...

Don't know about the tax situation, but occasionally they offer free or discounted shipping as a promotion--this isn't always the case. As far as their products, I own plenty of their clothing and for the price it's hard to beat. I've got several hunting jackets and shirts, wader pants, insulated hats, gloves, flannel shirts, you name it...all has held up well for the most part. I haven't been on their website in a while to know what kind of sales they're having, but every once in a while they have a good one. That's the only time I order anything from them.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:05 pm

they have some pretty good gear
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby aclumpkin » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:28 pm

Here in NC, Cabelas does not have any retail stores so therefore no sales tax on website orders or gun purchases (they must ship to FFL dealer and you cannot use coupons though). So if there is no retail store in FL, you are good to go on no tax.
When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid.
aclumpkin
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Anyone have cabelas waders? If you do and they leaked after year did they stand by their warranty and replace them?
VPAD
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:51 pm

I purchased a pair of cabelas lightmag waders about 4 years ago. Last year the seam on the boot got a small seperation and started to leak on the last hunt of the year. I called cabelas. They had me send the waders in for evaluation and once they saw it was a defect they sent me new ones. I only paid shipping to get them there.

My girlfriend purchased the drifowl 4-1 jacket for me in 2006. after last season the weatherproofing went out and the parka shell started leaking. I called cabelas. They had me send the jacket out for evaluation. Since they no longer offered that particular model of jacket they sent me a gift certificate to replace it which I promptly spent on the newer model of the dri-fowl 4-1 jacket.

Everything hunting clothing related I purchase from cabelas. I have their lightmag waders, 4 in 1 waterfowl jacket, 8 in 1 upland jacket, lite-n-load upland vest, waterfowl shell-n-bird belt, dri-fowl gloves, Both pairs of snake boots (not cabelas brand boggs & irish setters) were purchased from them.

They are hands down the best customer service when it comes to standing behind their products. The stuff is well made and handles abuse. I will never buy another bass pro or gander made item again due to not only it being inferior to cabelas but theeir customer service is bottom of the barrel.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:18 am

I buy most of my clothing and gear from them. There is a tax advantage because they don't have a retail location in Florida. If you never ordered from them you probably don't get their catalogs. Once you order they'll send you catalogs like every week. I might have like 2 dozen of them in my bathroom :thumbsup:
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby vpadfsu » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 pm

sweet! appreciate the info...cabelas waders it is...i think im go with the 3.5 neostretch lug sole waders...
VPAD
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:02 pm

look at the Macks Waders. They have some very good ones and have excellent customer service
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:07 am

Mack's is good but Cabela's really does offer quality gear that lasts and they have monthly shipping deals as well as merchandise sales. I always research what I plan on purchasing first and read all the customer reviews on Cabela's and I have yet to be disappointed. I'm never disappointed with Mack's either but Cabela's always has solid discounts and free or ridiculous reduced shipping costs soo I tend to favor them.
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting