lake micc plan

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

lake micc plan

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:39 pm

hey guys heard word that the they opened the flood gates of the lake at the south end by 90 this evening at 6, guess they followed through on the reconstruction plan, i never heard what they had decided on... :sad:
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Re: lake micc plan

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:43 am

NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER wrote:hey guys heard word that the they opened the flood gates of the lake at the south end by 90 this evening at 6, guess they followed through on the reconstruction plan, i never heard what they had decided on... :sad:

This thing has been in the works longer than any of us know. I have a friend that lives on Ring Oak, and they were contacted months ago, and asked to take all of the muck removed from the lake bottom. I get the feeling that recreational boating and lack of fishing on the lake is the main motive behind this project.

I wonder why they think making the lake deeper will fix the low water problem. If anything its just going compound the issue. Now, its going to take more water to bring levels back to normal. IMO....this is a waste of time and resources. But, it doesn't matter what I or any of us think about this project. It's happening. The only bright side is, only 25 acres is suppose to be fooled with, and the main run and trails are going to remain open.

Maybe a few pot holes will form and fill up with teal. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:59 am

im headed off to auburn next year for school so im not so much worried about it anyways.. my mind will be on "other things" :lol: than killing a wood duck and a damn merganser on miccosukee hahahaha :lol:
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby BigBend » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:43 pm

waterdogds wrote: The only bright side is, only 25 acres is suppose to be fooled with, and the main run and trails are going to remain open.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. After this experiment is done, I hope we get a storm that dumps 20 inches of rain on us.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:10 pm

BigBend wrote:
waterdogds wrote: The only bright side is, only 25 acres is suppose to be fooled with, and the main run and trails are going to remain open.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. After this experiment is done, I hope we get a storm that dumps 20 inches of rain on us.

X2 on the 20" :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:32 pm

We been getting quite a bit recently. We need another Faye big time.......
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:24 pm

if we get anymore rain here in thomasville, its gonna hit the fan, we got 8 inches last wednesday and half the houses in this town have water 4 feet up the walls.. that 3.5 we got last night didnt help at all... :mad: theres a lot of pissed people, luckily our house was fine!
Last edited by BigBend on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: language
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:24 pm

will make it better in the long run
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:36 pm

we def need a hurricane.not a terrible one but one to bring us so water.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting