Duck Hunting Forum banner

Moving to Tampa....

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  duckhunter48 
#1 ·
Just received a job offer in Tampa and will be moving there in August. My first goal when I get down there is to start scouting areas. Only problem is that I have no idea where to start or even whether there is any good duck hunting around the area. (DISCLAIMER: I'm not looking for anyones hunting spot.) I'd be greatly appreciative if anyone could give me a lead as to where some good places are to start scouting. If you are willing to help, shoot me a PM. Thanks!

#3 ·
Mons Venus! #1 strip club in america ha, I use to live in Tampa back in 06 and moved north for college and now back in fl but in Orlando, had a buddy hunt the bays and said loaded with blues and ringnecks....I plan on making a few trips to Tampa this year, still can member those back waters

#5 ·
Haha, I've heard good things about Mons so I'll definitely be checking it out.

Yeah, hunting the bays seems to be what most everyone has said about duck hunting in the Tampa area. I get the feeling that I'll be trying my hand at Lake Okeechobee and the other surrounding lakes. I can't see myself hunting divers all season, not the best tasting ducks haha.

Troutman, I'm all for doing some scouting if you want to team up.

#6 ·
I have lived in Tampa my whole life (mostly) and can tell you the effort is not worth the reward on local waters. Feel free to give me a shout when you get to Tampa and I'll be happy to point you to the better areas around the state. Be prepared to drive a minimum of 1.5-3 hours to find decent hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.