Arkansas Public Timber: Need another guy! (pictures)

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Arkansas Public Timber: Need another guy! (pictures)

Postby chris_k » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:22 pm

I am currently looking to add a 4th person to our hunting group for hunting Arkansas Public Timber near Stuttgart, AR. Our current 4th guy is not going to be able to make every trip, so we need a RELIABLE, DEPENDABLE person to fill in when he can't.

The expenses:
All the expenses are split 4 ways, so you will have to be able to afford paying for 1/4 of our group costs.
- You will have to pay for your Arkansas 5 day licenses (usually around $80)
- Split the motel bill ($15-20 a night). 2 beds, 4 people.
- Split the gas (around $125 round trip)
- Bring your own gun, shells, food, drinks, etc.

What we provide:
- We take my truck (2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab) and Boat (undecided depending on what we'll hunt) from Tallahassee.
- We've got experience in the WMA's and NWR's, so we'll put you on the ducks (if there is any).
- We do all the calling, so you don't need to.
- We provide decoys and miscellaneous gear.
- We are not guides.

What we require:
- Dependability and Reliability. This is the most important thing. If you tell us you'll go for sure (after we give you a date), don't back out the day before we have to leave.
- Good attitude. We are a fun crew.
- You need to be a good, dedicated hunter. We hunt hard. We sleep very little and we would do anything for a duck. If you just wanna go for a joy ride, stay home. We go there to kill the ever living shite outta some greenheads.
- Realistic expectations. Don't expect to go up there and limit out every day. We'll try our hardest to do so, but you never know what will happen. It's hunting. If it's bad, we'll kill a few greenheads ... if it's good, it will be world class mallard shooting.

The dates for the trips are not set yet. But we will be traveling when the ducks are there. Probably once or twice a month during the season. Trips will be roughly a week long (5 straight days of hunting and 2 driving).

If you have some interest in going with us. PM me or post in this thread.

Chris
Attachments
407495_10101638586241851_1913841013_n.jpg
white river (2).jpg
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Re: Arkansas Public Timber: Need another guy! (pictures)

Postby MXracer115 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:31 pm

im interested, let me know the dates
MXracer115
hunter

Postby chris_k » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:43 am

MXracer115 wrote:im interested, let me know the dates

Are you in Tallahassee or willing to drive to Tallahassee. We need a 4th guy to split the cost of gas mainly.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:53 am

Dang Chris, if I wasn't booked with the LE academy during the week until Feb I would be all over this generous offer. I hope you find a dedicated hunter to go. Best of luck bud!
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby chris_k » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:16 am

whaknstak wrote:Dang Chris, if I wasn't booked with the LE academy during the week until Feb I would be all over this generous offer. I hope you find a dedicated hunter to go. Best of luck bud!

That sucks. I get to hunt every day of the season this year. If you know anybody that wants to go, let me know.
Good luck man
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:21 am

Why do yall get the 5 day permit for $80 bucks when you can get the full year for a $100 if you are making mutiple trips. We usually go for two weeks in Dec. and two weeks in Jan. 4 weeks hunting for $100.00 with the exception of the $10.00 premit for the WMA.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:07 pm

rivercountry wrote:Why do yall get the 5 day permit for $80 bucks when you can get the full year for a $100 if you are making mutiple trips. We usually go for two weeks in Dec. and two weeks in Jan. 4 weeks hunting for $100.00 with the exception of the $10.00 premit for the WMA.

Thats the plan , we did that last year and found it cheaper to just get the full year.I believe he put that for a person that my not go everytime we go.But if you do go more than once in a year it is cheaper.
ALSO TO ADD TO THIS ADD
: We usually pay for the rooms and license ahead of time so its not that expensive all at once and to reserve a hotel.
We usually pay for the rooms around a month or two in advance.We do this and get our license in advance to cut down
on how much it will cost at the time of the trip.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby chris_k » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:15 pm

SouthernWingsAssaultTeam wrote:
rivercountry wrote:Why do yall get the 5 day permit for $80 bucks when you can get the full year for a $100 if you are making mutiple trips. We usually go for two weeks in Dec. and two weeks in Jan. 4 weeks hunting for $100.00 with the exception of the $10.00 premit for the WMA.

Thats the plan , we did that last year and found it cheaper to just get the full year.I believe he put that for a person that my not go everytime we go.But if you do go more than once in a year it is cheaper.
ALSO TO ADD TO THIS ADD
: We usually pay for the rooms and license ahead of time so its not that expensive all at once and to reserve a hotel.
We usually pay for the rooms around a month or two in advance.We do this and get our license in advance to cut down
on how much it will cost at the time of the trip.

Yes, I assumed the person would go once. If more than once, it's cheaper to get the 1 year non-resident.

Also, SouthernWingsAssaultTeam is the other person in the group.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Ok that make since now. Sorry I wasnt trying to sound like a smart *** But it looks like yall got the timber figured out I like the rice fileds better. My buddy who lives out there scares the hell out of me running down through the woods before daylight in the boat. :crying:
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby jannc » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:04 pm

PM sent
jannc
hunter

Postby duckhuntnfl » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:24 pm

cant help with gas but ill be at the same place for about a month, if you get bored looking at the same trees call hit me up your group is welcome to hunt with my group. we hunt semi same areas white, cache, meto. etc
capt. chris
A stork may bring u a baby but a swallow never will
it was dark.....i was drunk....i thought she was you!!!!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.
duckhuntnfl
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting