Duck Hunting Forum banner

Guana

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  tknight006 
#1 ·
I keep hearing Guana is garbage now...my parents house backs up to it and when I'm home on leave it sounds crazy out there. Is it just skybusters going nuts over nothing? Trying to get my dad out there this year over Christmas any chance of getting on some birds?

#2 ·
There has always been a lot of skybusters at Guana. Plenty of people with no respect either and will set up within 60 yards of you as well and ruin your day. It is really hit and miss there. All i can recommend to you is to get out and scout it before you plan to hunt it. Make sure you go through the check station and get your quota permit since you can only hunt it on Wed. & Sat. A couple years back the game wardens were catching quite a few people out there without permits, just sneaking in up North. Good luck to you.

#4 ·
slayducks87 said:
they give out the permits there?
Yep, they only let in 100 hunters per hunt day on the lake. If you were unaware of that, i highly suggest you read up on their brochure so you are not surprised by any other rules. Plus it might save you from a run in with the warden.

http://www.myfwc.com/hunting/wma-brochu ... ana-river/

#6 ·
slay.... PM me when it gets closer and i'll give you a report. It's not a hard place to hunt but it's hit or miss like he said and it's full of idiots regardless of the amount of birds there.

#8 ·
Just like everyone else said. There are always a few birds there, but depending on how many people are hunting can make or break the hunt. The bottom is soft in many areas and chest waders are pretty much required to get out of the boat. We have had some fresh rain so it might have some feed this year.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did good out there last year. I always hear people shooting and it goes untill about 9ish anyways. I had slow days but if you get your aim down and some good buddies youll do alright. Everyone always looking for the honey hole the truth is most my hunts I make mistakes that keep me from limiting out.

408783_2182068365433_1658695996_1600904_159541687_n[1].jpg

Attachments

#13 ·
Six Mile is open this weekend. I recommend a cast net, as the mullet are going crazy out there.

Early teal wasn't bad out there. I hunted it opening morning and we did well. It was open all 5 days, so after about 2 days, it seemed to die down pretty quick.

Living on the water is nice, you can basically get your permit from the check station, drive back to your house, and drop your kayak/canoe, or whatever you have into the water from your dock.

Good luck, and always feel free to PM if you have any questions, I'm out there a lot either fishing or hunting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.