Who's ready?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Who's ready?

Postby waterdogds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:56 am

With just a little over two months to go, its almost that time again. Until then, I'll be shootin clay pigeons, flocking decoys, tuning up the mud buddy, and gettin the boat ready. The count down has begun my friends.

63 days left, will you be ready? :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Re: Who's ready?

Postby JAXDuckMan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 am

I have nothing to do but put gas in the longtail and #2s in the M2 :thumbsup:
2012/13 season
16-BW teal
16 Bluebills
1 hog, 5 more hogs with friends.
JAXDuckMan
hunter

Postby reelsouthern1220 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Fellas I can hardly stand it. Already thinking about what my setup is going to look like and getting some new boat blind ideas. There will be a lot of puttering going on between now and then. :beer:
reelsouthern1220
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Im ready as I've ever been. Macks Catalog came in the other day. Going to pick up my RNT short barrel tomorrow. Been running the boats alot lately. Ill be missing the local early season because of school :sad: but you can bet ill be back to hunt during thanksgiving. Then its back to mississippi :grooving:
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby PortOrangeRed » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:53 am

So excited... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :beer:
PortOrangeRed
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:25 pm

JAXDuckMan wrote:I have nothing to do but put gas in the longtail and #2s in the M2 :thumbsup:

Nice.... Being prepared is half the battle. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:51 pm

So ready it ain't funny I spent to much money this summer on a gun , calls and my outboard for Arkansas.we r goin to Arkansas a lot this year and hopefully Mississippi too.I got a lot of new decoys and getting ready for the Fla state calling comp.I love it more and more every year Ive been huntin 14 years now. I also planted yesterday n my pond so hopefully we get enough rain to flood it.I've been workin on my new calls all summer too so hopefully by next spring I will have that n the works.I hope we get sum weather this year boys!
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:36 pm

I am ready to go! In the off season I increased my decoy count from 2 to 5 dozen along with Texas rigging them all and I stocked up on some ammo. I bought a few other odds and ends but I am ready to roll! Money is going to be tight this season due to having just started a new job but hopefully I can get out there a few times. I also have a potential Texas hunt in the works which thankfully will be low cost because we have a hook up there..
troutman561
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Just got back from my deployment, and I can tell you that the blood started flowing as soon as I opened the garage and saw all of my gear sitting there.

I have a little bit of stuff to do to get ready. re-glassing my hybrid is my number one priority. I also need to get out on the range and shoot a little bit. I definitely have a list of things to accomplish, fortunately it wont require spending much money though.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:24 pm

T-minus 31 days and counting. :clapping: :clapping: It's going to be utter chaos in North Florida. :thumbsup:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby RestlessWoodie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:40 pm

You know you're ready when you read these posts and the adrenaline starts flowing, you're heart starts pounding and the thought of the first light of Sept 22nd peaking over the cattails becomes a reality.
RestlessWoodie
hunter

Postby sdeshazo » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:07 pm

Sep 22nd I'll be on a flight to Manitoba, if I have anything to say about it there will be a few less making the trip South :)
1548 Legend Craft with a MB 4oooS
MoMarsh Fatboy DP
Boykin Spaniel
sdeshazo
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:22 pm

waterdogds wrote: It's going to be utter chaos in North Florida. :thumbsup:

Utter Chaos may be an understatement... I was at academy two days ago and there were a group of guys (together) buying up waterfowl gear talking about how they were gonna go to a certain place... then one of them said "Do you know how to get there?" and they all shook their heads no, which tells me they will be first timers probably.... :fingerhead:

Finished up the hybrid paint job today, so my list of things to do is now complete.... I drew and cut all of the stencils myself... I know the birds don't care, but it was cool to do.
Attachments
hybrid.JPG
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:03 pm

tknight006 wrote:
waterdogds wrote: It's going to be utter chaos in North Florida. :thumbsup:

Utter Chaos may be an understatement... I was at academy two days ago and there were a group of guys (together) buying up waterfowl gear talking about how they were gonna go to a certain place... then one of them said "Do you know how to get there?" and they all shook their heads no, which tells me they will be first timers probably.... :fingerhead:

Finished up the hybrid paint job today, so my list of things to do is now complete.... I drew and cut all of the stencils myself... I know the birds don't care, but it was cool to do.

That is sweet...you prob already know that...
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby blackrhino » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:45 am

Three weeks from today. We're headed to our spot tomorrow to run some trails an scout a bit. Gonna hook the duck boat up today and get it loaded. Rig up a new half dozen Woodduck decoys and then watch the Gators play. This holiday weekend is shaping up nicely.
Duck'n ain't easy!
blackrhino
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:22 am

Man I wish I was ready. I wont be hunting much at all this season. Living out of a storage unit with my boat being stored with a family member. I'm at the law enforcement academy, where I have to live on campus. Probably hunt out of the hybrid a little, maybe walk a bit, but the big boat wont get used this year. With no water in my area, ill keep my bow and climber in my truck and deer hunt a majority of the season. Good luck to you guys!
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Who's ready?

Postby ryano022 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 am

Don't think I will be ready since every lake or pond or marsh I find apparently is owned by someone even if theres no fence or signs anywhere. I talked to a sheriff this morning and he had no idea what he was talking about, I asked him if it was ok to discharge a weapon in my area since the game commission does not regulate what lakes get hunted or set distances. The sheriff told me I would have to ask the fwc bout shooting when they told me its up to local sheriffs. Everyone says Orlando has plenty of areas to hunt but none of them are huntable. So looks like I'll have to drive to Tallahassee, Jacksonville and down south to hunt :-(
ryano022
hunter

Re: Re: Who's ready?

Postby whaknstak » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:32 am

Nothing in Tallahassee but mud and headache. This year Leon co will be a zoo.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:11 pm

blackrhino wrote:watch the Gators play

GO GATORS :thumbsup:
Attachments
28.png
28.png (20.93 KiB) Viewed 1143 times
waterdogds
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:12 am

Have fun boys. Quack Quack Hotty Toddy
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:42 am

Two weeks fellas. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby JAXDuckMan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:58 am

Well the mojos are charged up, outboard has been pulled off and replaced with the longtail. Only thing left if to fix the broken front navlight....
2012/13 season
16-BW teal
16 Bluebills
1 hog, 5 more hogs with friends.
JAXDuckMan
hunter

Postby bang_n_splash » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:52 am

Not even close to ready. I am deployed and if all goes well I might catch the end of the early season. Then I have to run through my new boat to get it ready for November. The wife loves the idea of me coming home and going hunting straight away let me tell you what.
bang_n_splash
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:02 pm

bang_n_splash...thank you for your service. :thumbsup: There's a great post from the HH forum, that I've given a link to, check this out and use this on your wife. :beer: Particularly Indaswamp's post. :lol3: :lol3:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=198808

I hope to be grilling some bacon wrapped duck breast at this time next week, and watching them Gators play. :yes:
waterdogds
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting