Early Season Teal

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

Re: Early Season Teal

Postby vpadfsu » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:04 am

Ichabod97 wrote:Never heard of anyone using goldeneye decoys in FL. Not sure which coast you are planning hunting. Seen them here in VA...but not in the past 4 years i've hunted in FL! I would just stick with the buffie decoys and save yourself the money. If you are really out for goldeneye...buffie and any other diver decoys will work just fine.

Too big to be bufflehead and the sound of a jet when they flew over us...im convinced but i guess i will never know...scaup, goldeneye, or bufflehead??? my brother said the same thing buffleheads mixed in with ring-neck decoys...black white decoys all we need. appreciate the input...
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:25 am

With you only having one season under your belt I would try to keep your spread as simple as possible. You really don't need to have a species specific spread to kill birds...goldeneyes aren't nearly as common as ringnecks and bluebills in this area, hence I would stick with one of the latter two species of decoys. Divers in particular aren't all that picky about decoys (anything black and white will work). If you're on the X, hold still and let them work, they'll cup up. During the regular season i'll occasionally throw out a few puddler decoys if I've been seeing them in numbers, but most of the time it's just ringnecks and coots, and I killed a dozen species over that spread last year alone.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:30 pm

Vpadfsu I remember your first posts last year. You were new and asking for advice. After one year here your giving that kind if advice? I wanted to call you out, but I wasn't going to be that guy, but since everyone else is what the heck might as well. Also, weren't you one of the kids lost in PCS in an orange kayak?
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:33 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:Vpadfsu I remember your first posts last year. You were new and asking for advice. After one year here your giving that kind if advice? I wanted to call you out, but I wasn't going to be that guy, but since everyone else is what the heck might as well. Also, weren't you one of the kids lost in PCS in an orange kayak?

its a forum have fun call me out dont matter. I promise you i wont cry like tebow. I hunt with 3 other people that been waterfowlers for years. I might not be the one that figured things out but the people i hunt with have gotten me pretty far. I told someone to use mallard hen decoys with teal decoys and spinner works good for teal. Then i stated "i'm" buying wood duck, goldeneye, bufflehead decoys. So whats the problem? If i didnt post that "I'm" buying wood duck decoys, i would have never learned wood duck decoys is "marketing", thanks to someone explaining. To answer your question for the second time i dont even know what, where, who PCS is...so no i was not the kid in the orange kayak. Also, Quackhunter99 weren't you one of the older guys wearing blaze orange hat while duck hunting at Lake miccosukee i saw?
VPAD
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:55 pm

listen here pal who are you to talk crap? quackhunter99 happens to be my hunting partner and yes we do hunt miccosukee, and hell no, we don't wear blaze orange hats, for your info, you wear blaze orange when you quail hunt not duck hunt, we hunted that lake hard this year and there was no hunter on that lake wearing a damn blaze orange hat... you and everyone else on this forum knows better than that... listen give it up... no one cares what your doing with your decoys or how you set them good luck and happy hunting. :huh:
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:09 pm

Whoop de doo. :thumbsup: You hunted with three guys who knew what they were doing. Pretty much like going with a hunting guide. That doesnt make you a wealth of knowlage on the area, and you should probably be trying to learn more than you give you at this point. And I didnt say anything about decoys. But I do want to add that woodduck decoys are about as useless as an outboard on miccosukee right now. And about seeing woodies heading to the corn ponds, The woodducks that roost on those ponds, they eat on those ponds. They arent going to leave them, if they get shot, they move to the next one over. Oh and Im not an old timer who wears orange hats on micc. Im 18, and ill out hunt you any day of the week, all you probebly saw of me was my spotlight beam as you motored on by me and Northfloridafowler. Probebly smelled the bacon we were cookin too :hi:
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm

You wearing a orange blaze hat was a joke! laugh. I dont hunt lake micc. never have so no i am not talking about whatever corn ponds and roost.........................your talking about. so now your challenging me? wow. :bow:
VPAD
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:Vpadfsu I remember your first posts last year. You were new and asking for advice. After one year here your giving that kind if advice? I wanted to call you out, but I wasn't going to be that guy, but since everyone else is what the heck might as well. Also, weren't you one of the kids lost in PCS in an orange kayak?

hahahaha i heard about that.

vpadfsu wrote:
Ichabod97 wrote:Never heard of anyone using goldeneye decoys in FL. Not sure which coast you are planning hunting. Seen them here in VA...but not in the past 4 years i've hunted in FL! I would just stick with the buffie decoys and save yourself the money. If you are really out for goldeneye...buffie and any other diver decoys will work just fine.

Too big to be bufflehead and the sound of a jet when they flew over us...im convinced but i guess i will never know...scaup, goldeneye, or bufflehead??? my brother said the same thing buffleheads mixed in with ring-neck decoys...black white decoys all we need. appreciate the input...

listen dude, just stop. ive been hunting the panhandle my entire life. you did not see a golden eye. lol OH it made "the sound of a jet" when it flew over you???? wow. welcome to effing duck hunting. ducks fly fast. they make noise when they drop in from hundreds of feet in the air locked up. teal and bull necks do that all the time. you may want to take another year or 15 and just sit back and take in some information instead of pretending your the damn duck commander bc you hunted a couple times last year with some of your friends that have hunted before. id love to see the pictures of those 20 mallards you "killed all in florida" id put money on most of them being hen gadwalls lol

maybe you should focus on hanging out with your frat buddies at kens instead of wasting space on our lakes.
:welcome: to florida.
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:52 pm

tknight006 wrote:I just ordered 5 dozen magnum mallards.... thats all I'm gonna use. I plan on getting my limit of green heads every weekend in Guana.

:thumbsup: :beer: :beer:
if you dont see any there do you wanna take my neon kayak out to pcs? :yes:
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:53 pm

vpadfsu wrote:
duckhunter48 wrote:
vpadfsu wrote:I was living in chicago last year where i started hunting and had all mallards. Brough all mallards to florida and decoyed every duck but buffleheads with them...doesnt matter all hens look alike. Decoying teal pretty effective with mojo spinner...im buying woodduck, buffleheads, goldeneye decoys...

thats just what we need....another college jerk off putting in at rococo hunting over a spread of woodies, buffleheads, and goldeneye deeks..... :no: :no: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :no: :no: :help: :help: :help:

Buffleheads and goldeneyes on the coast buddy. I mean you can get away with using your ring-neck decoys but for $200 why not get some redheads, buffleheads, and goldeneyes? Am i missing something here? Do you not hunt the coast?

man i just keep finding funny stuff this guy says. hahahaha ya man i got a sweet merganser/speckled goose spot down there.
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby Ichabod97 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:26 pm

Alright man...enough ragging on the guy.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby quackhunter99 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:49 pm

vpadfsu wrote:You wearing a orange blaze hat was a joke! laugh. I dont hunt lake micc. never have so no i am not talking about whatever corn ponds and roost.........................your talking about. so now your challenging me? wow. :bow:

I know it was a joke. And i hunt all the lakes, they all have corn ponds around them and they all are the same. And i was trying to make a point :no:
quackhunter99
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting