New to the area (Tallahassee)

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

New to the area (Tallahassee)

Postby MXracer115 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:14 am

Hello all, I live right on the florida/georgia line a little north of tallahassee. I'm new to hunting this area so any help would be helpful. I've tried to research these areas on myfwc.com but they seem kind of vague. I'd like to do some early season teal hunting, I know there are a few lakes in the area, just not sure which are decent. Also is the PCS Phosphate a WMA or public location?
MXracer115
hunter

Re: New to the area (Tallahassee)

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:45 am

Scout. Lots of lakes in the area have the ability to hold ducks, it's just a matter of putting in the time and effort to figure out which are "decent". You're already on the right track by going to the FWC website and doing some research, now just make a list of the places you intend to try and head out with a gps and a pair of binoculars.

As far as this area goes though, you're going to be severely limited this year in terms of where you can hunt. Most of the lakes around here are almost completely dry due to sink holes, drought, and FWC projects.

Being new to the area, you also need to familiarize yourself with all of the rules and regulations specific to Leon county lakes such as HP restrictions, etc.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Re: New to the area (Tallahassee)

Postby duckhunter48 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:13 am

woww....... :lol:
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting