Anyone want to teach an army veteran how to duck hunt?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Anyone want to teach an army veteran how to duck hunt?

Postby Jon Jon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:30 pm

Hey guys! I recently got out of the Army after 12 years and a two tours in Iraq, and took a job here in Jacksonville. I'm from Mississippi and grew up deer hunting, but I have never duck hunted. I've always wanted to and I told my wife this is the year I'm doing it!! If there is anyone out there that would be interested in taking me or maybe telling me some hot spots close to Jacksonville. I checked out a couple of the WMAs (Guana River) - but I'm thinking they are going to be over crowded?? From my research it seems like you can duck hunt from any public boat ramp? To be on the safe side I'm obviously going to find one out in the county. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
Jon Jon
Newb

Re: Anyone want to teach an army veteran how to duck hunt?

Postby tknight006 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:56 am

Welcome to Jax.

PM Sent.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Re: Anyone want to teach an army veteran how to duck hunt?

Postby Belly up dux » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Welcome and thank you for your service. There is plenty of good hunting to be had around here if you put in the work for it. Check out the FWC site and drop me a PM with a phone number and we will talk. Number one rule is we don't talk about spots or birds on here. Too many cyber-scouters. Pics of good hunts should be taken at home if you wish to post them here.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Return to Florida Duck Hunting