Plenty of water this year

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Plenty of water this year

Postby florida old guy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:42 am

With all thye rain we have had this should be a good year. Everyone seeing the same ?
florida old guy
hunter

Re: Plenty of water this year

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:01 pm

We have too much water here, my woodie hole thats usually a mile walk is a min boat ride with the water 5ft high the whole way but it was interesting motoring around the woods and looking at the tops of pine trees stickin out of the water a couple inches.
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby rogers15 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:25 pm

God I wish, Leon County still has very little water, Jackson is way down with Porter Sink having opened up, Iamonia is still a prairie, Micc is lower than its been in a while and Carr is the same way...gonna be making some coastal trips this season for sure.
rogers15
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:18 am

3 to 5 feet higher...more hydrilla and lily pads. More gators. last year i enjoyed ditching the boat and standing in the mud. This year will be leg cramps in my POS boat...
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

actually it would mean less lily pads. becasue lily pads dont grow in deep water
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby florida old guy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:38 am

rogers15 wrote:God I wish, Leon County still has very little water, Jackson is way down with Porter Sink having opened up, Iamonia is still a prairie, Micc is lower than its been in a while and Carr is the same way...gonna be making some coastal trips this season for sure.

When were you last at Micc ? I was there last week and water levels were good.
florida old guy
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:47 am

quackhunter99 wrote:actually it would mean less lily pads. becasue lily pads dont grow in deep water

Thats what i would of thought till i saw it and it was opposite. The land that use to be muddy now has water over it...lily's and hydrilla have popped up. I know what your saying, deeper part of the lake but those lily's have grown to compensate the rise in water...
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 am

florida old guy wrote:
rogers15 wrote:God I wish, Leon County still has very little water, Jackson is way down with Porter Sink having opened up, Iamonia is still a prairie, Micc is lower than its been in a while and Carr is the same way...gonna be making some coastal trips this season for sure.

When were you last at Micc ? I was there last week and water levels were good.

Compared to what? Haven't run it in 2 weeks but it was bad then, and driving by last week it didn't look any better...a buddy ran it last weekend and said it was the worst it's been.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:17 am

Talked to and FWC officer on Thursday who was out there in an airboat. He said it was really bad, evenguys with surface drives and longtails would have a hard time scootin around.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting