Off topic

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Off topic

Postby tmclaimerFL » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm

I know this is an off topic subject, but I was wondering what kind of mud tire yall prefer. My Pro-Comp's are almost bald and Im bumping up to 35"x12.5 but unsure about what brand I should get. I always liked the Maxxis Buckshot but they are discontinued and same for BFG KM. So Im trying to not break the bank on some swampers and i refuse to slap on Nitto's so let me know what yall think. I dont wanna get stuck getting to my spots this season like I did last year.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Re: Off topic

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 pm

Ive heard great reviews on the KM2s. I personally run good ole all terrains on my 2500 and ive only gotton stuck once. I i drive alot of mud and dirt roads
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby bang_n_splash » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 am

x2 KM2's if you want that aggressive look and good performance. I run BFG KM all terrain and will not change brands good hard rubber that lasts and wears down evenly
bang_n_splash
hunter

Postby blackrhino » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:31 am

I had BFG Mud Terrains put on this spring and they have already proved thier worth with all the rain we have gotten. They are a little noisey but not too bad.
Duck'n ain't easy!
blackrhino
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:08 pm

How much were y'all spending on the KM2's? I know they are aggressive and I have heard good things about them but I know they aren't cheap. Anybody ever run dunlop rovers? Or any other off brand that has prices their worth?
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:10 pm

I really like the Nitto Train Graps. NorthFloridaFowler has them on his truck and they are damn good tires. pretty much the same as the toyos
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 pm

The km2s are expensive and are gonna get loud as hell on you after you rotate them 2 or 3 times.. i run the nitto trail grapplers there awesome and ive got 30 thousand miles on mine and they arent half gone, id go with the nittos or the toyo open country mts, there made in the same factory and run about the same price, both are great tires not much road noise!!. :hammer:
36 Prodrive FPR chasing a 1654 express
NORTHFLORIDAFOWLER
hunter

Postby rogers15 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:40 pm

I run 33x12.50 nitto trail grapplers on my f150 and love em. They are pretty much the same as toyo mt's. Never been stuck, actually come to think of it, never needed to lock it in 4 and im no stranger to dirt and mud roads.
rogers15
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting