Duck Hunting Forum banner

Its getting Closer

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  kg4yus 
#1 ·
With Early Woodduck and Teal Season on fast approach, has anyone gotten the itch?
I spent all of yesterday rewiring the runnning lights on the boats, pulled the hubs off the trailer axles and inspected the bearings, luckily all but one was good and all I had to do was replace the hub seal on the one that had the telltale milky grey color to the grease.

Built a blind frame for the newest boat over the past week in the afternoons after work. If I can ever find my digital camera I'll post some pics, it was cheap to build has a ratcheting design that ratchets up and locks the blind in place, pretty ingenious if I may brag a little.

Today I'm heading to my partners house to get his new 1642 Legend Craft boat setup, he's going to power it with a 25 Kohler longtail on Mudbuddy frame. It should serve him well.

Alligator season is also on fast approach and I spent a few hours riggin the harpoon tips with 1/8 steel cable to attach to the float line. Still need to go pickup a bangstick. Been scouting a few nights a week and located some big nasty's hopefully they'll be around for the next two weeks till season opens.

#3 ·
I havent even started with the decoys yet...

Daniel ended up getting a real nice Legend Craft 1642 from Sid at Fast Duck Motors. We mounted the motor yesterday and we took it for a run.

#5 ·
It run pretty good. the rig would all but keep up with mine.
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?t=16452

A new prop on it and he'll walk off from me.

You wouldnt beleive how low the water is at his place, its a biatch trying to put over and haul out but it sure is some mudslinging fun while your in it. You ought to make a trip back up and hunt with us this year.

#7 ·
Blind frame built on the mud boat and grass attached, darkened up the grass quite a bit made it more a green than the dead brown color.
Decoys checked, rigging repaired and bagged.
All thats left is scout, scout, scout.

#10 ·
Heck don't stop at one or two shoot three or four for me. Went out and scout my normal teal holes this morning. The water is still very low up this way and most places overgrown with head high weeds. I did see a few bluewings and woodies. Also saw 5 whistleing tree ducks this morning, I have never seen any before in this area.

#14 ·
Like it Huh, Goob?
Seems this feller I took down to Bass-Pro felt sorry for me after he run everyone out of the archery department with his ungodly flatulence, being I was still around after the room cleared, he decided to buy me some.... Nice guy that I am :laughing:

"Dont look honey, I think the boy done sheeit his self"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.