Duck Hunting Forum banner

Teal Pics

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  glenrich 
#1 ·
Lets see those birds!

The first three photos are from saturday, monday, tuesday at the secret spot.

This is from this morning at Guana. There were literally no birds there today. I was lucky I got this double!

See less See more
#5 ·
SnookMan88 said:
Thanks a lot! It is amazing how nice of pictures you can get on an iphone these days. Come on guys lets see some of YOUR pics!
That auto-enhance on iphones do a really neat job! I love the pictures and good job! It's always nice to see people make the effort of taking good pictures of their ducks, and not just dump them in the bottom of the boat.

I was posting some of my pics last season, but a bunch of people jumped saying I was bragging by sharing pictures. So I try not to do that in here anymore. But I do like watching everybody's pics!

#7 ·
nice pics. I really like your gun, you dont see many people shooting side x sides any more. what guage is it? I have an old stephens side x side in 16 guage that I may hunt with a day or two this season. Also nice job on the wood ducks. I was real surprised I did not see any at my secret spot this season because I saw a bunch scouting there. Its funny how things workout though, when I scouted the area I saw tons of woodies and only about 5 teal. The next day (opening day) I saw 0 wooducks and over 1000 teal, its funny how these things happen from time to time.

#9 ·
SnookMan88 said:
nice pics. I really like your gun, you dont see many people shooting side x sides any more. what guage is it? I have an old stephens side x side in 16 guage that I may hunt with a day or two this season. Also nice job on the wood ducks. I was real surprised I did not see any at my secret spot this season because I saw a bunch scouting there. Its funny how things workout though, when I scouted the area I saw tons of woodies and only about 5 teal. The next day (opening day) I saw 0 wooducks and over 1000 teal, its funny how these things happen from time to time.
Thanks, the double is a Baikal 12 gauge. Never gets shot much. In fact it was actually my standby cripple gun :biggrin: . I was shooting my old Browning A5 Light 12 Humpback. I love the recoil action on it, its engineering at its best. Funny thing was that I saw teal a couple weeks before the season and as it got closer they disappeared. The wood duck number stayed the same but once opener came the teal came out of nowhere. Surprised the hell out of me. That wood duck in the second pick on the far left is my mounter for the year. Ive never shot one as pretty or as big as him.

#10 ·
Snookman, how was the water level at Guana? Im finishing school in Tallahassee this fall, but my permanent residence where my folks live is in Flagler county. I usually go there during thanksgiving or Christmas break for a hunt or two.

#12 ·
Thanks tknight. My issue is that my boat has an outboard so if the water is low im SOL. Years ago I never had any problems running wide open in the channels, but they fluctuate so much its ridiculous.

#21 ·
O haha. What's up? We got to get out and hunt together sometime! The hunting was real good around that spot this season. I was actually quite surprised! I can't wait for November either man. Lets throw some scouting trips together. If you wanna talk ducks or spots pm me. I pulled a couple of quota permits too for the real season. If we pulled any of the same we should split the gas!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.