Arkansas trip planned.....any advice?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Arkansas trip planned.....any advice?

Postby tryin2hunt » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Hey guys, I am headed to Arkansas in December for the first time. I am going to be hunting the Felsenthal NWR. Not looking for any spots or anything, just some advice from some of you guys that have been out there before. i.e. anything special to I need to take, good websites to check out before I head that way. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
There's only one thing worse than it raining right after you wash your truck, and that's having to poop right after you get out of the shower!
tryin2hunt
hunter

Re: Arkansas trip planned.....any advice?

Postby quackhunter99 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:27 pm

Have all your stuff planned before you get out there, and be very flexible with dates, try to develop a contact that frequents the area and can tell you what the weather is and what the duck numbers are like, be ready to leave at a moments notice
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby tryin2hunt » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:04 am

Thanks quack, everything is planned out pretty well. We have about a 10 day window, so we are hoping to get out there when the birds and weather are at their best. Hopefully it will all work out. I'm getting pretty excited, should be a great time either way tho.
There's only one thing worse than it raining right after you wash your truck, and that's having to poop right after you get out of the shower!
tryin2hunt
hunter

Postby sdeshazo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 am

I hunted Stugartt year before last in Dec & we had a blast, weather was perfect & we piled up the ducks. Good luck on your trip.
1548 Legend Craft with a MB 4oooS
MoMarsh Fatboy DP
Boykin Spaniel
sdeshazo
hunter

Postby Greenhead3071 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:41 am

TAKE WARM CLOTHS! if your hunting the creek bottoms the water is cold oh did I mention the water is cold. 3MM waders will not keep you warm. Oh did I mention the water is cold. Born and raised in Fort Smith area which is in North West Arkansas. Hunted there all my life. Good Luck wish I was going this year. :beer:
Season 2012/13
Teal- 3
Woody- 4
Ringies-
Blue bills- 2
Pintail
Mallards
Greenhead3071
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting