duck hunting

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

duck hunting

Postby oldtownducks » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:54 pm

looking for some places to hunt ducks around dixie county fl
would like to hunt from my boat
oldtownducks
Newb

Re: duck hunting

Postby BigBend » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am

are you looking for mallards and pintails? or ringnecks and wood ducks. I know a bunch of places in dixie county but it depends on what type of ducks you want to kill.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby waterdogds » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 am

BigBend wrote:are you looking for mallards and pintails? or ringnecks and wood ducks. I know a bunch of places in dixie county but it depends on what type of ducks you want to kill.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:59 am

You want GPS coordinates or a map with an x?
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby oldtownducks » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:36 pm

ducks wood ducks mallards any ducks are good i eat them all
i enjoy the fun of hunting ducks
I appreciate all replies :smile:
oldtownducks
Newb

Postby tknight006 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:16 pm

Since I don't know where you live, I can't give you directions. Therefore, you will have to put these coordinates into a GPS, but I have no doubt you will see some birds. I've got pictures that would excite you... my son gets excited just looking at them, because he knows he'll be out there this November.

N28 25.1 W81 34.8

This place gets packed on the weekends, so get there early and secure you're spot in line for when the big wigs open the gate.

Happy hunting.

Also, if this doesn't work... check out MYFWC.com.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby SnookMan88 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:21 pm

oldtownducks wrote:looking for some places to hunt ducks around dixie county fl
would like to hunt from my boat

You only want to shoot ducks? I guess I wont tell you about my tundra swan hole then...
SnookMan88
hunter

Postby Wetland_Dream » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:28 pm

This is awesome!
:welcome: :thumbsup:
Wetland_Dream
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:33 pm

whats the deal with people from dixie wwanting to duck hunt all of a sudden, or is this the same guy wiht a different name???? refer to my overly long responce to the other guy(maybe) question about dixie county. This is dog runnin country people... Now im starting to think the other thread was a joke and I got made a fool of lol.....oh well, I did grow up there though if you want I do got one sweet spot I'll take you to, we can really lay on the cinnimon teal there, pretty hard.
You pay for you!

Postby ffrodelgnim » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:49 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:whats the deal with people from dixie wwanting to duck hunt all of a sudden, or is this the same guy wiht a different name???? refer to my overly long responce to the other guy(maybe) question about dixie county. This is dog runnin country people... Now im starting to think the other thread was a joke and I got made a fool of lol.....oh well, I did grow up there though if you want I do got one sweet spot I'll take you to, we can really lay on the cinnimon teal there, pretty hard.

That was me, no it wasnt a joke, and if you atre able to lay into cinnamon teal I am very interested. BUT I must ask.. if you can lay into cinnamon teal in that area, then why do you seem so perturbed by people wanting to hunt ducks in that area. There is a coast, there are wooded areas, its not the rice fields of texas but with available land that was cheap and I was able to gain acces to, I wanna see what I can amke happen. NOTE that I am interested in smacking some teal.
ffrodelgnim
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:54 pm

:fingerhead:
You pay for you!

Postby BigBend » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 am

ffrodelgnim wrote:That was me, no it wasnt a joke, and if you atre able to lay into cinnamon teal I am very interested. BUT I must ask.. if you can lay into cinnamon teal in that area, then why do you seem so perturbed by people wanting to hunt ducks in that area. There is a coast, there are wooded areas, its not the rice fields of texas but with available land that was cheap and I was able to gain acces to, I wanna see what I can amke happen. NOTE that I am interested in smacking some teal.

Not allowed to have two user names....pick one. go scout, nobody is gonna give up their spots because you figured out how to ask questions on the internet.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby ffrodelgnim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:58 am

BigBend wrote:
ffrodelgnim wrote:That was me, no it wasnt a joke, and if you atre able to lay into cinnamon teal I am very interested. BUT I must ask.. if you can lay into cinnamon teal in that area, then why do you seem so perturbed by people wanting to hunt ducks in that area. There is a coast, there are wooded areas, its not the rice fields of texas but with available land that was cheap and I was able to gain acces to, I wanna see what I can amke happen. NOTE that I am interested in smacking some teal.

Not allowed to have two user names....pick one. go scout, nobody is gonna give up their spots because you figured out how to ask questions on the internet.

I dont have 2 user names. I am the guy from the other thread!! I was just commenting. I am not asking for spots, I have ponds on my property, I was asking if anyone had hunted or seen ducks in the area. Man you people are really nice, respectful, and the kind of guys I wanna be around!! actually no you arent. Read what I am writing you idiots... never once did I ask for spots, and Oh my clever that I figured out hw to ask a question on the internet... please tell me where I asked for spots, I would like it quoted and express mailed to my front porch. I dont care if you are a moderater, that just gives you meek power to delete, or ban comments or ban users. The man offered to hunt cinnamon teal, which I was interested in. Who taught you to read?
ffrodelgnim
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:03 am

ffrodelgnim wrote:
BigBend wrote:

I dont have 2 user names. I am the guy from the other thread!! I was just commenting. I am not asking for spots, I have ponds on my property, I was asking if anyone had hunted or seen ducks in the area. Man you people are really nice, respectful, and the kind of guys I wanna be around!! actually no you arent. Read what I am writing you idiots... never once did I ask for spots, and Oh my clever that I figured out hw to ask a question on the internet... please tell me where I asked for spots, I would like it quoted and express mailed to my front porch. I dont care if you are a moderater, that just gives you meek power to delete, or ban comments or ban users. The man offered to hunt cinnamon teal, which I was interested in. Who taught you to read?

Well, why don't you apply your own reading skills and do some research of your own. If you had already done that, you would be aware that the cinnamon teal comment was made in sarcasm. Occasionally a few get lost and find their way here with BWT, but other than that they're a west coast bird...odds are better of getting struck by lightning. twice.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

Hahaha flawoodie you been holdin out on me? Cinnamon teal in Dixie county? I want in on some of that. We can bring the butt hurt guy from the other thread and put the smack down on em!
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 am

Ohh yeah man! I'll sell you my gps mitchell, but its gonna cost you. As a matter of fact we can start the bidding right now @ 1000 and I aint talkin about pesos
You pay for you!

Postby ffrodelgnim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 am

DUCK-DAWG wrote:
ffrodelgnim wrote:
BigBend wrote:

Well, why don't you apply your own reading skills and do some research of your own. If you had already done that, you would be aware that the cinnamon teal comment was made in sarcasm. Occasionally a few get lost and find their way here with BWT, but other than that they're a west coast bird...odds are better of getting struck by lightning. twice.

I am aware that cinnamon teal are a west coast bird, I was intrigued by your comment and obviously missed the sarcasm. I thought you knew somthing I didn't I am not going to defend myself to the death about this unnecessary stuff. I was wondering if there were ducks in dixie county. That is all. You aren't answering, you are simply telling me it is dog running country and seem insulted that I want to hunt there. I have property up there now and plan on hunting the traditional game, as stated in my other topic. I was simply asking are there ducks in the area because that is what I have experience in. Sorry that you are offended that I would want to shoot something other than dog-run deer in Dixie county.

I know there are ducks in these ponds I have seen a small amount flying in the small amount of scouting I did. I was wondering if anyone has hunted and had input. I didn't ask for some authoritative response belittling my ambitions.
ffrodelgnim
hunter

Postby BigBend » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:52 pm

ffrodelgnim wrote:
FlaWoodie wrote:whats the deal with people from dixie wwanting to duck hunt all of a sudden, or is this the same guy wiht a different name????

That was me, no it wasnt a joke.....

My bad, I read this and got threads confused.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:00 pm

I am aware that cinnamon teal are a west coast bird, I was intrigued by your comment and obviously missed the sarcasm. I thought you knew somthing I didn't I am not going to defend myself to the death about this unnecessary stuff. I was wondering if there were ducks in dixie county. That is all. You aren't answering, you are simply telling me it is dog running country and seem insulted that I want to hunt there. I have property up there now and plan on hunting the traditional game, as stated in my other topic. I was simply asking are there ducks in the area because that is what I have experience in. Sorry that you are offended that I would want to shoot something other than dog-run deer in Dixie county.

I know there are ducks in these ponds I have seen a small amount flying in the small amount of scouting I did. I was wondering if anyone has hunted and had input. I didn't ask for some authoritative response belittling my ambitions.[/quote]

I didn't make the cinnamon teal comment...I was pointing out to you that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously. Noone is insulted if you duck hunt in Dixie county. FlaWoodie directed you to the post he made to the other Dixie county question...he was simply pointing out that most folks in Dixie county prefer to run dogs, and don't spend too much time duck hunting...he wasn't stating that he or anyone else on this forum took that view. And if you paid attention to the reason he gave as to WHY duck hunting isn't overly popular in that area, instead of letting your toes get stepped on, you would see that it's because there aren't that many (if any) large, public bodies of water that attract ducks. I've never hunted in Dixie county, but based on what you've said, here's what I'll tell you: If you have water, and you've seen ducks, then you've got a pretty good chance of killing some when the season rolls around. What you're seeing right now are likely resident woodducks, and possibly some hooded mergansers. Because there aren't many large bodies of water in that county, you're not going to have a ton of species diversity. There just aren't going to be that many ducks stopping in that area....you may see the occasional gadwall, ringneck, etc. that gets lost and finds its way into one of the small ponds on your lease, but the vast majority of ducks you'll see are going to be woodducks...and mergansers.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:53 pm

yeah I dunno where you got it in you that I was offended that you want to duck hunt in dixie, I love dixie and jut the fact that its getting some sort of aknowledgement(the spellcheck natzi (waterdogs) might wanna check that one im not too sure if i spelled it right and dont really care to fix it lol) that it even exists makes me happy to see. All i said was that for the most part noone really does it cause there is a dog running culture there, thats all ....but like I said give it a shot, you might start a dixie county duck hunting revolution, good luck this season and safe shooting :thumbsup:
You pay for you!

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:54 pm

ah da**! I put jut instead of just*. waterdoggie is gonna be upset with me....,. :moon:
You pay for you!

Postby ffrodelgnim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:39 pm

sorry for partying
ffrodelgnim
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:53 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:ah da**! I put jut instead of just*. waterdoggie is gonna be upset with me....,. :moon:

Damn right, what are you thinking? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting