Go Gators!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Re: Go Gators!

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:15 pm

chris_k wrote:
FlaWoodie wrote:
chris_k wrote:
FlaWoodie wrote:gator fans comin out the woodwork. lotta posts this year about UF. Havent seen these in some years.....I thought it was always great to be a florida gator???? :huh: anyways...

"Matt Elam is 0-2 against FSU and a tool bag. end of argument :thumbsup: "-flawoodie

The last couple of years didn't really count. It was rebuilding years lol.

FSU students are all UF admissions rejects. All the dumb kids go to FSU. UF has the best academics in the state. I doubt FSU would crack the top 5 in academics.
End of argument.

Classic! "the rebuilding years". i love when you guys talk about 6 in a row like we were some kind of national powerhouse during those years and not rebuilding but love to play that card when y'all have been loosing.

And then he starts talking about academics, another thing you guys like to talk about when FSU fans are talking about FOOTBALL....lol

Oh and btw, I got into UF and it wasnt that difficult. Couple years of community college and atlease a 2.5 gpa and your a gator! Dont be so quick to toot your own horn pal, after all this aint harvard :thumbsup:

Does any one here who talks sh** about academics even go to UF??????? lol :fingerhead:

I got an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering and Masters Degree in Structural Engineering from UF. Graduated in both with a 4.0 GPA. So yeah ... I went to UF ... And yeah, FSU academics blow.

Your one of few sir! :thumbsup:
I dont doubt that each school has their own programs which are better than the other ones which is something most UF folks fail to recognize. As for my program, it doesnt exist anywhere in the state except at UF! Love my school for the record....football folks get me fired up though! :beer:
You pay for you!

Postby BigBend » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 pm

I agree with the college of engineering, but I dont think UF has FSU beat in EVERY major. Probably most but not all lol.

The SEC wasnt always the gold standard of conferences, and FSU had a reputation of playing a hard out of conference schedule in the 80's, 90's etc.14 consecutive top 5 finishes and a ton of national championship appearnces should count for somthing. UF has the resources (booster base, longer history, more alumni) that they should perform year in year out. Im hoping that the FSU-UF rivalry will return to the luster it once had, before FSU football turned into a dumpster fire and UF dominated with Tebow and Urban.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby marshnole11 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:11 pm

To say that timmy t has accomplished more than Charlie Ward just shows your ignorance.

ITS A FACT. Charlie Ward won more awards in one year than any other player in college football history. The fast break offense was developed because of his ability. He Could have played in the NFL and he also played for over ten years in the NBA. He was also drafted by the Yankees and the Brewers in two different MLB drafts. He is an elite athlete, T-bag is not. he isnt even the starter on the Jets which is a laughing stock of professional football. mark sanchez is one of the worst qb's in the league and Timmy boy cant even sniff the field.

Charlie Ward -

1993 Heisman Trophy
1993 Johnny Unitas Award
1993 James Sullivan Award
1993 Walter Camp Award
1993 Maxwell Award
1993 Davey O'brien Award
1993 Sporting News Player of the Year
1993 Chic Harley Award
1993 Touchdown Club Quarterback of the Year
American Football Coaches Association - 1st Team All-American
Associated Press - 1st Team All-American
Walter Camp - 1st Team All-American
Football News - 1st Team All-American
Football Writers Association - 1st Team All-American
Kodak - 1st Team All-American
Scripps Howard - 1st Team All-American
The Sporting News - 1st Team All-American
United Press International - 1st Team All-American
NCAA - Concensus All-American
College FB Hall of Fame

suck on that for awhile.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:12 pm

Wow. So much emotion over football. You guys play for keeps.

Fsu was better in the 90s and the turn of the century, but for the last decade florida has been a better program. You can't really dispute it. We can talk academics, conferences, and how much money the programs have, but it really don't mean much.

Florida has had a better season so far, and hopefully will win come thanksgiving, but Im not discounting the fact that the noles could bring their a game and ruin a good season. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:20 pm

whaknstak wrote:Wow. So much emotion over football. You guys play for keeps..

Rivarly perks! This is what makes it fun mitchell! lol. The world would not be the same without gator dbags! haha :biggrin:
cant live with em, cant live without em

not you of course,...always lenjoyed those 4 a.m. debates in the duck blind over this stuff!
You pay for you!

Postby waterdogds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:38 pm

marshnole11 wrote:To say that timmy t has accomplished more than Charlie Ward just shows your ignorance.

Charlie Ward -

1993 Heisman Trophy
1993 Johnny Unitas Award
1993 Walter Camp Award
1993 Maxwell Award
1993 Davey O'brien Award
1993 Chic Harley Award
College FB Hall of Fame

Since you've probably neglected to look up any of Tebows COLLEGE achievements, I'll help you out.

Tim Tebow-

2× BCS National Championship (2007, 2009)
2× SEC Championship (2006, 2008)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007, 2008, 2009)
AP Player of the Year (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Quarterback of the Year (2007)
SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2008)
Manning Award (2008)
William V. Campbell Trophy (2009)

Finished his career at Florida(3 years as a starter) with 88 passing and 57 rushing TD's. Finished three years in a row in the top five voting of the Heisman. He finished 1st(2007), 3rd(2008) and 5th(2009). Going back to the year 2000, Tebow still holds the number 2 spot for passer efficiency. And did this as a run first QB.

Make no mistake there marshnole, Charlie Ward couldn't carry Tebows jock. Long after his time, Tebows name will carry more weight and significance to college football than Wards forgotten past ever will. Who's ignorance has been exposed now? Suck on that hatter.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:46 pm

marshnole11 wrote:ITS A FACT. Charlie Ward won more awards in one year than any other player in college football history.

Charlie Ward -

1993 Heisman Trophy
1993 Johnny Unitas Award
1993 Walter Camp Award
1993 Maxwell Award
1993 Davey O'brien Award
1993 Chic Harley Award
College FB Hall of Fame

You're right, Charlie did win a few awards in 93. Was that his only year of major accomplishment?
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Thats one thing I hated about Tallahassee, FSU fans, not all of them, but a good bit of them. My team may not be the best, but we play the best teams, we are on the rise, and we have the best tailgaiting hands down. Hotty Toddy yall.
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:45 pm

I only listed his awards from 1993...

I didnt have to lump all the years on the same list to make my backup, washed up, poor mechanics, inaccurate, crying, young fillipino boy circumcising, never will start in the nfl again tool bag look like he is even close to acquiring the awards charlie did in ONE year. Not four.... ONE.

" ....The most decorated player in the history of college football, Charlie Ward won literally every award he was eligible for as a senior quarterback on Florida State's 1993 championship team. In addition, Ward was the sparkplug on three Seminole NCAA Tournament basketball teams...... "

Your spinning this worse than a liberal spins politics. You must work for the obama campaign

Next thing you'll tell me is that driskel or brantley were better than ponder!! :lol3:

clown......
marshnole11
hunter

Postby jedisme » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 pm

marshnole11 wrote:I only listed his awards from 1993...

I didnt have to lump all the years on the same list to make my backup, washed up, poor mechanics, inaccurate, crying, young fillipino boy circumcising, never will start in the nfl again tool bag look like he is even close to acquiring the awards charlie did in ONE year. Not four.... ONE.

LOL probably one of the better posts I've read in a long while.
jedisme
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:34 pm

marshnole11 wrote:I didnt have to lump all the years on the same list to make my backup, washed up, poor mechanics, inaccurate, crying, young fillipino boy circumcising.

It's so hilarious how jealous you noles are over Tebow. You hatters have nothing else to try and discredit Tebow with except for some missionary work. Come on, come up with a good argument for why you believe Ward was better than Tebow. So far, you put up some awards and honors. Great, Tebows done everything Ward has done and then some. Where did Ward finish in regards to the Heisman voting during his career(each year). Charlie Wards career TD numbers pale in comparison. He had 49 passing and 10 rushing. In total(59), only two more than Tebows total career rushing TD's(57). Tebow won the Heisman as a first year starter as a sophomore, Charlie Ward didn't win it or was he even considered in the race, until he was a senior. Ok, any other facts you want me to crush your dreams with. Give it up already. I guess you can say that Charlie Ward is the closest thing FSU has ever had that could be compared to Tebow. I'll give ya that. :thumbsup:

marshnole 11 wrote:Your spinning this worse than a liberal spins politics. You must work for the obama campaign

Don't cuss me like that, them is fighting words.
waterdogds
hunter

Go Gators!

Postby chris_k » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:43 pm

1993? That's almost 19 years ago. I was 7 years old then. Who the hell cares.
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:49 pm

marshnole11 wrote: the awards charlie did in ONE year. Not four.... ONE.

Counting must give you just as much trouble as basic english reading and comprehension. Tebows numbers are from 3 years as a starter. Charlie Ward started 2 years, 92 and 93. Anything else I need to break down for you to understand.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 pm

chris_k wrote:1993? That's almost 19 years ago. I was 7 years old then. Who the hell cares.

It's one of the few things they have to be proud of. Even if it was almost 19 years ago.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby vpadfsu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:49 pm

21-7

31-7

Driskel's first game on bowden field, he hasnt thrown for more than 100 yards last 3 games. Gillislee will tear his acl against Georgia. You guys got a premature boner...def going limp thanks giving
VPAD
jameis winston = championship
vpadfsu
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 am

vpadfsu wrote:Driskel's first game on bowden field, he hasnt thrown for more than 100 yards last 3 games. Gillislee will tear his acl against Georgia. You guys got a premature boner...def going limp thanks giving

That's Ron Zook field kid. Since you're an authority on boners, is our premature boner similar to the one FSU had at the start of the season? Seems, it's gone limp as you call it.

Also Thanksgiving.....it's one word here in America. Don't you have some goldeneyes to be scouting for or a weather forcast to give.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:05 am

waterdogds wrote:
chris_k wrote:1993? That's almost 19 years ago. I was 7 years old then. Who the hell cares.

It's one of the few things they have to be proud of. Even if it was almost 19 years ago.

So i guess in 19 years you guys wont care about your 08 championship then.....riiiiiight lol
All this Sh** talk about ya'll having so much more to be proud of than us (i'm assuming 3 championships as apposed to 2) has only ever been possible in the last 4 YEARS lol, and like I've read on here before, UF football started in 1906 , and FSU in 1947. Since you guys are the best thing to happen to the world i would figure you'd have more of a leg up on us than 1 nat championship :/ but you dont... It took ya'll about twice as long to win your first as it did us with 10x the resources. 90 years???? as apposed to 46.....hows my math doggie? i know you need something to gripe about

And for the record no one is jealous of tebow, lol..... that's the most insane comment I've ever heard in my life. That guy is the sh**t stain on MARK SANCHEZ's underpants....he needs to be a politician somewhere though, i vote for him :thumbsup:

Now you can start making fun of my grammar!
You pay for you!

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 am

waterdogds wrote:
vpadfsu wrote:Driskel's first game on bowden field, he hasnt thrown for more than 100 yards last 3 games. Gillislee will tear his acl against Georgia. You guys got a premature boner...def going limp thanks giving

That's Ron Zook field kid. Since you're an authority on boners, is our premature boner similar to the one FSU had at the start of the season? Seems, it's gone limp as you call it.

Also Thanksgiving.....it's one word here in America. Don't you have some goldeneyes to be scouting for or a weather forcast to give.

I only hear a few gator fans really refer to it as Ron Zook field anymore, i guess only a few idiots still use that one, most others have tried to forget about those years!

I guess what i'm gonna go do is piss on the swamp and declare it Flawoodie stadium since we can call things whatever we want if we accomplished something there, and of course that makes a whole lotta sense. :beer:

Its just a failed attempt for you to try and feel better about yourself and those down years, lol....heres the truth, no FSU fan really gives a damn when someone calls bobby bowden field that, just so you know! :thumbsup:
You pay for you!

Postby waterdogds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:28 am

FlaWoodie wrote:
waterdogds wrote:

heres the truth, no FSU fan really gives a damn when someone calls bobby bowden field that, just so you know! :thumbsup:

Certainly got a rise out of you. It's bitter sweet to a real Gator fan. That night was suppose to be perfect. The down and out Gators along with recently fired head coach Ron Zook, were coming to Tallahassee to receive the beat down of all beat downs. After the planned beat down, the pompous alumni planned to dedicate the field as Bobby Bowden field at Doak Cambell Stadium. Sounded good. Here's the bitter sweet part. We spoiled your stupid plans and perfect evening.

Anyways, weren't you like 10 or so. That's why it doesn't mean much to you, but thanks for your input though junior. :thumbsup:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:54 am

:huh: you got a rise out of me because I told you nobody cared and it didn't bother us????? regardless of my age( i was not 10) I cant really say i know any FSU fan that really cares about the fact you call it ron zook field...old or young :thumbsup:
You pay for you!

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 am

I really think that it was the fact that you guys hadnt won in tallahassee since 1986 which made you so happy.(i know i would have been :) And then were pretentious enough to name it "ron zooky field" after gettin that *** beat there for almost 2 decades....and you call us pompous! silly gators :thumbsup:
You pay for you!

Postby waterdogds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 am

FlaWoodie wrote::huh: you got a rise out of me because I told you nobody cared and it didn't bother us?????

Yes indeed. You felt inclined to let me know that "no one really cares". It's obvious you cared enough to comment. :hammer:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:10 am

FlaWoodie wrote:I really think that it was the fact that you guys hadnt won in tallahassee since 1986 which made you so happy.(i know i would have been :) And then were pretentious enough to name it "ron zooky field" after gettin that *** beat there for almost 2 decades....and you call us pompous! silly gators :thumbsup:

Boy, for someone that " don't really care", you keep on and on. Typical nole fan, if you argue it enough, it becomes believable eventually, huh. Interesting.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:22 pm

Tebows gone, ward played in 93, we have three ships, Yall have two, were undefeated, Yall have one loss. It's old news. Let's focus on the here and now, 2012 season and the fsu florida matchup next month. I find it weird someone brought erections into this discussion though. Keep that out of it.

All this bickerin don't mean a thing, cause come Thanksgiving (one word dale haha) half will beat their chest and say I told you so, while the other half will have excuses as to why they gave the game away.

And we repeat again until next year.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm

whaknstak wrote:Tebows gone, ward played in 93, we have three ships, Yall have two, were undefeated, Yall have one loss. It's old news. Let's focus on the here and now, 2012 season and the fsu florida matchup next month. I find it weird someone brought erections into this discussion though. Keep that out of it.

All this bickerin don't mean a thing, cause come Thanksgiving (one word dale haha) half will beat their chest and say I told you so, while the other half will have excuses as to why they gave the game away.

And we repeat again until next year.

I love college football. :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
waterdogds
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Florida Duck Hunting