Scouting

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Scouting

Postby bdub » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:44 am

This is my first season that I have had a motor on a boat. So scouting has actually been fun instead of a chore with my kayak. However im really starting to learn alot about ducks that is kinda depressing. Went to a spot last week that was covered up in shovelers, teal, ringnecks. Then went back to that same spot yesterday to see a couple teal. Before now i didnt realize that ducks will just up and move from day to day. Made me second guess a spot that a week ago i was sure i was going to hunt opening moring! :no:
bdub
hunter

Re: Scouting

Postby waterdogds » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:22 am

bdub wrote:This is my first season that I have had a motor on a boat. So scouting has actually been fun instead of a chore with my kayak. However im really starting to learn alot about ducks that is kinda depressing. Went to a spot last week that was covered up in shovelers, teal, ringnecks. Then went back to that same spot yesterday to see a couple teal. Before now i didnt realize that ducks will just up and move from day to day. Made me second guess a spot that a week ago i was sure i was going to hunt opening moring! :no:

Don't give up on that area bud. If birds were attracted to a particular area before the season, more are sure to want in that hole when the season gets going. There's probably some kind of food there that they like. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby bdub » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 am

Yea thats what i was thinking. Its just crazy to see the birds come and go so quickly!
bdub
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 pm

bdub wrote:Yea thats what i was thinking. Its just crazy to see the birds come and go so quickly!

Its even better to watch tons of birds get up and fly sky high out of gun range straight to corn ponds in the morning! :mad:
You pay for you!

Postby bdub » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Ive seen that happen a couple of times actually. Thats pretty insane
bdub
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:55 am

Timing matters too...

I've hunted a hole in the morning that has maybe two birds come in. If I stay there until lunch time, they start pouring in...
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Got out this morning to do a little scouting and what a beautiful morning it was. My dog enjoyed it as much as I did I think.
Attachments
IMAG0330.jpg
IMAG0332.jpg
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby BonifayFLAboy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:26 am

So did you see any ducks?
God, Family, Hunting. Let us keep our priorities in line!
BonifayFLAboy
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:12 pm

BonifayFLAboy wrote:So did you see any ducks?

A few coots. :biggrin: :biggrin:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby BonifayFLAboy » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 pm

I bet!! :smile:
God, Family, Hunting. Let us keep our priorities in line!
BonifayFLAboy
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting