Which gun isn't for sale?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Postby TooheyBirdie14 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 am

I was thinking about this the other day. I have a new Browning Silver Hunter that is super fun to shoot that I got for turkey and waterfowl hunting. It's a great gun but I would sell it in a heartbeat if I fell in love with another gun. However, I have my grandfathers old Stevens 79 that I learned to shoot on in a pasture in outside Williston, ND. My grandfather left me this when he passed away and it's one of the few things I own that will never have a price tag. Not only was it my grandfather's, but it's the gun I learned to shoot with, and it's still really fun to shoot. I'm thinking everyone HAS to have this kind of story....right?
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff....
TooheyBirdie14
hunter

Re: Which gun isn't for sale?

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:35 am

I consider any gun that's been given to me to be priceless, and wouldn't even consider parting with any of them. A Ruger Red Label 20ga. given to me by my grandfather probably tops my list.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:52 am

I consider all of my guns to be assets. No way am I selling any of them. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:43 pm

99% of my guns are family guns
iv gotten them from either my dad, uncle or grandfather. I dont think any of them are worth alot of money or do i care. Still priceless to me.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Grandpa told me that his Winchester Model 12 Pump will be given to me in the will. Like the other guys said, all my guns are priceless. Dont sell, just buy more.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:25 pm

1. Grandfathers 1911 .45 from WWII 2. My first gun, 12 ga Rem Express pump.... Wouldn't sell either for anything. Anything else I got however could always go for the right price....
Last edited by FlaWoodie on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You pay for you!

Postby waterdogds » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:34 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:1. Grandfathers .45 from WWII

That's badass for sure. Is it a Colt?
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby biscuitsandgravy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:42 pm

The one hidden out back ;)
biscuitsandgravy
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:03 pm

waterdogds wrote:

no its an ithaca. apparently Ithaca gun co. and a few others cranked out 1911's for a while cause the demand for them pre and during ww2 was so great. and from what I heard and was also told that its pretty much the same gun as it has mostly colt parts but who knows. I got the serial # dated 1943 and man it is one pretty piece, hardly a scratch on it. Fun to shoot too loud as hell i wouldnt trade it for the world....First time I shot it I was a dumb kid without ear protection and it seriously brought me to my knees and my ears rang for a week. Thank God for them vets dunno how they did it!
Last edited by FlaWoodie on Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You pay for you!

Postby JAXcrisp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:10 pm

You don't notice it in the moment. UNLESS one of your privates starts blasting his M4 with the muzzle right next to your ear...you hear that haha

JAXcrisp
JAXcrisp
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:16 pm

JAXcrisp wrote:You don't notice it in the moment. UNLESS one of your privates starts blasting his M4 with the muzzle right next to your ear...you hear that haha

JAXcrisp

Ha, yeah I can imagine your adrenaline is through the roof when you got rounds buzzin past your head ur hearing is the last thing ur thinking about. :bow: U.S military
You pay for you!

Postby JAXcrisp » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 pm

Oh ya, sounds like black cats going off.

JAXcrisp
JAXcrisp
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 am

FlaWoodie wrote:
waterdogds wrote:

no its an ithaca. apparently Ithaca gun co. and a few others cranked out 1911's for a while cause the demand for them pre and during ww2 was so great. and from what I heard and was also told that its pretty much the same gun as it has mostly colt parts but who knows. I got the serial # dated 1943 and man it is one pretty piece, hardly a scratch on it. Fun to shoot too loud as hell i wouldnt trade it for the world....First time I shot it I was a dumb kid without ear protection and it seriously brought me to my knees and my ears rang for a week. Thank God for them vets dunno how they did it!

Nice :thumbsup: , it's undoubtedly a special gun. Very cool of your grandfather to give it to you.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby BigBend » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:46 am

Browning sweet 16 semi, handed down from my great grandfather and eventually made its way to me. My Benelli M2 and Marlin 30-30 will never be sold, but all others I would be willing to trade I guess.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby troutman561 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:36 pm

My Browning BPS 12ga wont be sold. It was my first waterfowling gun and will be handed down to my daughter (she is a lefty) if she gets big enough handle a 12ga. Given the fact that she most likely wont be bigger than 5ft, maybe 100lbs, she may top out at a 20ga. If that is the case, it will stay with me as a back up if I get an auto, or possibly to a grandchild eventually.

Last year I started deer hunting and I got my grandfathers Winchester Model 88 in .308, bought in '58 i believe.. That one will be handed down to my son. I also have recently acquired my dads 1978 Wingmaster 12ga which currently acts as my backup gun. It is in mint condition and I plan on keeping it that way. This gun will also go to my son. My Glock 30 and S&W 642 are dispensable. I don't see myself getting rid of either because both work well for certain outfits as carry guns. Those will most likely be mine until I die unless something comes along that can replace them.. Those will be grandchildren hand downs if they make it that far.
troutman561
hunter

Postby JAXDuckMan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 am

I have a ruger 10-22 that I shot the rifleing out of years ago as a kid. I thought about replacing it but I like it the way it is too. As a kid I grewup on the desert side of oregon we go shot jack rabbits and camp. I must have did alot of that beucase i think it takes 30,000 rounds at least to shot a barrel out of a .22. :thumbsup:
2012/13 season
16-BW teal
16 Bluebills
1 hog, 5 more hogs with friends.
JAXDuckMan
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:36 am

My Browning Superposed Lightning 20g that was my grandfathers'. In fact, any of the inherited guns.
I'll be purchasing some "workhorse" guns especially for duck hunting, and I can envision treating those
more as tools than works of art.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 am

As far as I'm concerned, ain't no gun of mine for sale. Especially as long as Barack Hussein Obama is president
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 am

duckhunter48 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, ain't no gun of mine for sale. Especially as long as Barack Hussein Obama is president

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:24 pm

None I may need them to return the lead odumbo is gonna try and come steal in a few years. Can't properly give the lead back without a way to shoot it. Oh and a few years from now a 22 cricket will probably be worth more than a half ton of gold.
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting