End of first split.

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

End of first split.

Postby tknight006 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:25 pm

I was the first one in line on black friday..... at the boat ramp. I took a chance on an area that I had only scouted once, and it looked much different in the dark for sure. Managed two teal that came into our decoys, not much more excitement after that.

Saturday was a different story as we were able to shoot at some big ducks. I was able to shoot my first Pintail, and Fulvous, so that was the icing on the cake... Looking forward to the second split.

Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Re: End of first split.

Postby whaknstak » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:13 am

Nice trey! That's the second pintail I have seen shot this week. I would sure love to shoot one myself. Congrats sir on a good hunt
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:40 am

whaknstak wrote:Nice trey! That's the second pintail I have seen shot this week. I would sure love to shoot one myself. Congrats sir on a good hunt

Thanks,

There's actually 2 Pintail on the strap... between me and my buddy, we got 4. We were pretty stoked to say the least...
tknight006
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am

Awesome Trey. Hope to see some big birds in our area this year. That little guy isn't shy about helping hoist the strap. Future duck hunter for sure. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:21 am

Nice birds man :thumbsup:
I also got to check a bird off the list, shot a drake bufflehead :yes: I know its a bufflehead but a pretty darn pretty one if you ask me, ohh and it was one of two birds that dropped in my first double too, needless to say i was pretty excited about that...

970_10101448257737434_192595319_n.jpg
You pay for you!

Postby tknight006 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am

waterdogds wrote:That little guy isn't shy about helping hoist the strap. Future duck hunter for sure. :thumbsup:

I sure hope so.... He's 3, and she's 1... and as you can see, neither are shy. He begs to go with me, I just know its still too early. I'm still working on the wife, as she is afraid I'm gonna lose him out there or something.

Flawoodie... nice job on the bufflehead. That would be a great surprise when out hunting wood ducks for sure.
tknight006
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:54 pm

tknight006 wrote:
waterdogds wrote:That little guy isn't shy about helping hoist the strap. Future duck hunter for sure. :thumbsup:

I sure hope so.... He's 3, and she's 1... and as you can see, neither are shy. He begs to go with me, I just know its still too early. I'm still working on the wife, as she is afraid I'm gonna lose him out there or something.

Good looking family you got there Trey. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

End of first split.

Postby JAXcrisp » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:02 pm

Let me borrow the little man for a youth day Trey!

JAXcrisp
JAXcrisp
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:57 pm

JAXcrisp wrote:Let me borrow the little man for a youth day Trey!

JAXcrisp

I can see it now... "No officer, I swear he dropped those birds..." as my little man is trying to hold the gun, you realize he cant even pick it up...lol :beer:
tknight006
hunter

End of first split.

Postby JAXcrisp » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:25 am

Haha "I swear those red riders are more powerful than you think!"

JAXcrisp
JAXcrisp
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting