Pasco County Hogs Question

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Pasco County Hogs Question

Postby skydog » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:07 am

Greetings all. A good friend of mine recently inherited a decent amount of land in Pasco County and I'm wondering (generally) if there are good numbers of Hogs in that area? The land is largely pasture, oak hammock, and some swamp.

He's not a hunter and doesn't spend much time on the land so I'm trying to figure out if it's worth me making a trip down there next year to do any hunting. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks
skydog
hunter

Re: Pasco County Hogs Question

Postby skydog » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:09 pm

No one? Ok, good talk see you out there.

Guys I'm not looking for your duck honey hole here, I'm just wondering what the hog population is like in Pasco county before I drive the 10 hours down there.
skydog
hunter

Postby BigBend » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm

There is definitly some hogs in that part of the state, it would definitly be worth checking out especially if you like to turkey hunt as well (osceolas). I've only visted down there to turkey hunt, but have seen hogs. Hell anywhere in florida has hogs with all the swamps. Its hard to say if THAT specific piece of property is going to hold them regularly though. You'll never know until you scout it :thumbsup:

I dont live in that part of the state or else Id check it out for you to save some $$$.Good luck!
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby whaknstak » Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:15 pm

I would say your odds are pretty good. They infest this state. And a little golden encouragement always helps draw em in and keep em there. If I had a buddy giving me free access to a large piece of property, I would certainly drive down and check it out.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby skydog » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks guys, that's all I needed to hear :thumbsup:. Sounds like I'll be making a trip down there this spring then.
skydog
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm

What part of Pasco? My family has some cow pasture in northern Pasco and I live in southern Pasco off of 54. How many acres? I see lots of deer and turkey between my house and 52.. PM me if you dont wanna publicly post that info.
troutman561
hunter

Postby skydog » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:54 am

troutman, I'm not certain but I believe the land is eastern Pasco, not far from Zephyrhills. And it's about 1K acres.

I would love to do some turkey hunting on the land as well if I can make it down there during the season...just have to pay the darn $200+ for the nonresident license. But I wouldn't mind doing that if I'd have at least have a decent chance at seeing some birds.
skydog
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:06 pm

You don't need a license to hunt hogs. Turkeys you would need a license. I would love to have access to 1000 acres.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting