Anyone want to swap a hunt for Maryland ducks or geese?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Postby PSUbuzz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Whats up guys. My name is Chris and im coming down for a week during Christmas to meet my girlfriends parents finally. They live in Central Florida somewhere and I am from Maryland? I have to ask her exactly where it is we are going again :biggrin: Anyways im burning my last week of vacation for the year going down, and I was hoping to sneak away for a morning or afternoon to duck hunt. I dont know the seasons down there, or how much an out of state daily license costs, but I would love to swap a hunt with someone if the migration is treating you guys well. If one of you nice gentleman wanted to take me out and get me away from high tensions of meeting her old man and living under his roof for a week, I would gladly take you out hunting with my crew in Maryland anytime between now and the end of the season or next season. Our duck season runs until the end of January and Canada Goose (5 bird daily limit on all my spots) runs until early March. We usually have some good 5-8man limit out hunts in cut corn and bean fields during our late season, and if you like black ducks, we have plenty of them here as well although its only 1 black duck per day limit. Depending on the weather we either hunt flooded corn fields or else farm ponds and the potomac river for ducks. Shoot me a PM if anyone is interested, her and I are driving down dec 21 and staying until the 29th. I would be limited on gear to waders, camo,calls, gun and blind bag since we are staying that long and we are taking her car since it gets a lot better gas milage than my truck haha. Thanks guys and I hope your season has been going well!
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Re: Anyone want to swap a hunt for Maryland ducks or geese?

Postby Belly up dux » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Ok we might be able to get something together. Check out myfwc and look at the cost for out of state stuff. You can use your federal duck stamp. Find out where you are going and I can work from there. Shoot me a PM.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Postby PSUbuzz » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:28 am

According to her, we are going to Parkland which doesnt look too far from Lake okeechobee and a couple other WMAs. And it doesnt look that central, more southern. But I could be wrong, Ive only been to Florida to Disney so my distances and knowledge is all out of whack. Thanks for the PMS guys!
does having multiple screen names on a forum and having a conversation with yourself make you an extra special rock star hunter?
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Belly up dux » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:56 am

Yes that is pretty far south of me since I am in Jacksonville. Hope that some other guys will help you out and get you on a hunt.
Belly up dux
State Moderator

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:07 am

Just a few pics if that gets anyone interested in trading. Im not a guide and usually dont hunt with more than 5 buddies at once. But I figure black ducks and geese up here is what MD is known for and thats what ive gotten best at hunting. Thanks again for the PMs guys
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby Girlshunt2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:04 am

We are a little South of okeechobee in west palm beach we hunt at a few of the wma and have a blast ur welcome to join us on a walk-in hunt.
Girlshunt2
hunter

Postby Girlshunt2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:05 am

Feel free to email me rheneyj and we can work Something out
Girlshunt2
hunter

Postby Girlshunt2 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:06 am

Girlshunt2
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:42 am

Im excited to come down and visit you guys, I packed my hunting gear in my girlfriend's trunk last night(she made me put my waders in a trash bag so it wouldnt get the presents muddy :biggrin: . I wish my truck got better gas milage so we could take it instead) . Thanks for all the PMs from everyone and the generous hospitality, it gives your state a nice rep I will say that. MD folks can be very tight lipped and not very welcoming to out of staters sometimes. Ill be meeting up with Zack and Drake and his friends hopefully for a hunt. I also can't wait to get them back up my way for some mallards and geese and blacks. It surprised me that the 3 most common species that we shoot up here are as rare as it sounds like they are down your way. Opportunities like this are cool in my opinion and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that replied to me. :beer: Happy holidays, I cant wait to get out of work today and hit the road!
PSUbuzz
hunter

Postby PSUbuzz » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:01 am

By the way, were expecting a huge cold front in MD over the next week. Divers are here in good numbers and the cold front might start getting birds pushed down to you guys. This was from our hunt last Saturday on the bay, unfortunately our boat motor died when we were picking up our spread to move out to the sea duck zone to finish up our 6 man limit with some scoters. My buddy took the motor to the shop and hopefully will have it up and running before the 5th,6th,and 7th weekend when we are supposed to take our fleet of 5 duck boats out to the eastern shore and throw out a monster spread of some 600 floater decoys for a weekend. We wont be able to take out half of our decoys without Duck-pocalypse!

PSUbuzz
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting