Ready for Tomarrow

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby bandzongheen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Well got a well needed two weeks off of hunting time to start back up boats ready trucks loaded and the ducks are flying, good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Attachments
45290_451096494953099_1536610827_n.jpg
559035_444024762326939_942226850_n.jpg
teal-27
woodies-5
mottled-6
bluebills-21
coot-10
ringer-2
pintail-1
bandzongheen
hunter

Re: Ready for Tomarrow

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:43 pm

correct me if im wrong but are those greenhead deeks you got in that bag killer? :lol:
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby bandzongheen » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 pm

haha yes they are.
teal-27
woodies-5
mottled-6
bluebills-21
coot-10
ringer-2
pintail-1
bandzongheen
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 am

Nice mariner
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:55 am

Absolutely, my need to see some bang splash is way past due. Be careful out there this morning guys....it's foggy.
Good luck fellas. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:59 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:Nice mariner

Put some OD green on that thing. :thumbsup:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby bandzongheen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:35 am

i have a good motor cover for it, im waiting on my motor, Anyhow how did everyone do?
teal-27
woodies-5
mottled-6
bluebills-21
coot-10
ringer-2
pintail-1
bandzongheen
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby quackhunter99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:49 am

This morning didnt go as planned. Had picked the boat up Friday from the shop, new carb, fuel lines, starter, wiring, pretty much everything replaces because of age. Ran amazing Friday on the trailer. Showed up at the ramp at a lake just south of Tallahassee and see 3 trucks at the ramp and a bunch of drunk chiles kids screwing around. I ignored them and put my boat in. Shoved of the trailer. Cranked the engine and it died. Couldn't get it to crank at all. Worked for several hours to try to get it cranked. Watched about 5 more trucks of drunk chiles kids try to put in, one successfully jack knifed his trailer. I asked one of them about his blind and he said he had no idea what kind it was his dad had bought it as a package for him over the summer. I asked one of the kids who I had met before when we were younger how they found out about this lake and they said a kid had told them all about it at lunch. At the point I was so frustrated with my motor and the drunk crowd that I just put my boat on the trailer and left. I left at 330. Turns out the brand new fuel I had bought at the shell station 8 hours before was about at 50/50 mix of water and gas.....
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:29 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:This morning didnt go as planned. Had picked the boat up Friday from the shop, new carb, fuel lines, starter, wiring, pretty much everything replaces because of age. Ran amazing Friday on the trailer. Showed up at the ramp at a lake just south of Tallahassee and see 3 trucks at the ramp and a bunch of drunk chiles kids screwing around. I ignored them and put my boat in. Shoved of the trailer. Cranked the engine and it died. Couldn't get it to crank at all. Worked for several hours to try to get it cranked. Watched about 5 more trucks of drunk chiles kids try to put in, one successfully jack knifed his trailer. I asked one of them about his blind and he said he had no idea what kind it was his dad had bought it as a package for him over the summer. I asked one of the kids who I had met before when we were younger how they found out about this lake and they said a kid had told them all about it at lunch. At the point I was so frustrated with my motor and the drunk crowd that I just put my boat on the trailer and left. I left at 330. Turns out the brand new fuel I had bought at the shell station 8 hours before was about at 50/50 mix of water and gas.....

quack, at least it's an easy problem to fix. As for the drunk kids, maybe your problem was a hidden blessing. :thumbsup:
waterdogds
hunter

Re: Re: Ready for Tomarrow

Postby whaknstak » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:This morning didnt go as planned. Had picked the boat up Friday from the shop, new carb, fuel lines, starter, wiring, pretty much everything replaces because of age. Ran amazing Friday on the trailer. Showed up at the ramp at a lake just south of Tallahassee and see 3 trucks at the ramp and a bunch of drunk chiles kids screwing around. I ignored them and put my boat in. Shoved of the trailer. Cranked the engine and it died. Couldn't get it to crank at all. Worked for several hours to try to get it cranked. Watched about 5 more trucks of drunk chiles kids try to put in, one successfully jack knifed his trailer. I asked one of them about his blind and he said he had no idea what kind it was his dad had bought it as a package for him over the summer. I asked one of the kids who I had met before when we were younger how they found out about this lake and they said a kid had told them all about it at lunch. At the point I was so frustrated with my motor and the drunk crowd that I just put my boat on the trailer and left. I left at 330. Turns out the brand new fuel I had bought at the shell station 8 hours before was about at 50/50 mix of water and gas.....

They were still there at 11 when I rode by there. If you had stayed, its very likely you would have been shot and killed due to the number boats on the water.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby bandzongheen » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:43 pm

i had motor troubles today too but im glad i got that worked out i got 5 teal and a nice mottled drake. im headed back out at about 3 on the river, Ive seen a few hundred blueblills hoping to get a few come into my spread :thumbsup:
teal-27
woodies-5
mottled-6
bluebills-21
coot-10
ringer-2
pintail-1
bandzongheen
hunter

Postby duckhunter48 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:10 pm

truely one for the books. at least we had some good fellowship! thats what its all about haha
11-12 season totals:

Coot-7
Hen wood ducks-2
Whistling Tree Ducks-1
duckhunter48
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Pretty sure I know what lake you were at. That sucks about the motor. I paid $500 to have mine ready for his season and then I bust the midsection during the first split. Luckily I found a guy in Wakulla that said he can repair it. As far as dumbasses from chiles I've learned to stay away and hunt elsewhere. Are you finished with the semester already quack? If so shoot me a pm and maybe we can get together on a hunt. I'm always up for having somebody tag.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby Eorlando » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:49 pm

bandzongheen wrote:i had motor troubles today too but im glad i got that worked out i got 5 teal and a nice mottled drake. im headed back out at about 3 on the river, Ive seen a few hundred blueblills hoping to get a few come into my spread :thumbsup:

So how did your bluebill hunt go??
Eorlando
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby quackhunter99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 pm

That lake is good for about 5 or 6 boats. Anymore than that and it's just too much. They just have no idea what they are doing out there
quackhunter99
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby quackhunter99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:09 pm

And I got the motor issue worked out. Southside fixed it for free Saturday morning. Had a ton a of water in the carb and fuel system
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:32 pm

quackhunter99 wrote:That lake is good for about 5 or 6 boats. Anymore than that and it's just too much. They just have no idea what they are doing out there

Agreed. I've been rained on a couple times out there by pellets. Nobody gives a damn. That's good you got the motor running. How did you get the labor done for free though?

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby quackhunter99 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 pm

Because it was there all week getting fixed. Then I took it Friday and it was messing up when I went to test it so I took it back Friday and they fixed it again. Then when it messed up Saturday morning I took it in and since they had been fixing everything they didn't charge
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby bandzongheen » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 pm

So how did your bluebill hunt go??[/quote]

well i went out about 3 and scouted around and i finally set up at about 430, well a big ole thunder storm decides to push us out, so ill be trying it again today
teal-27
woodies-5
mottled-6
bluebills-21
coot-10
ringer-2
pintail-1
bandzongheen
hunter

Postby Tealwemeetagain » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:51 pm

my buddy hunted there and got peppered twice by some chiles fags that set up less than 50 yds from him
Last edited by Tealwemeetagain on Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go Noles
Tealwemeetagain
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby quackhunter99 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah
Last edited by quackhunter99 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
quackhunter99
hunter

Postby QuacknStrut » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Unless I am reading wrong, you went back hunting in the afternoon after you had limited in the morning? :no:
QuacknStrut
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Tealwemeetagain wrote:if im correct your talking about lake ****** :thumbsup: because my buddy hunted there and got peppered twice by some chiles fags that set up less than 50 yds from him

should have just left it at the lake south of tallahassee.........we are not the only people that read these boards.
Last edited by whaknstak on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 pm

whaknstak wrote:
Tealwemeetagain wrote:if im correct your talking about lake munson because my buddy hunted there and got peppered twice by some chiles fags that set up less than 50 yds from him

should have just left it at the lake south of tallahassee.........we are not the only people that read these boards.

Agreed

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Ready for Tomarrow

Postby quackhunter99 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:48 pm

Can't say I didn't try to leave it at the lake south of Tallahassee....
quackhunter99
hunter

Next

Return to Florida Duck Hunting