Good Places to Hunt

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Good Places to Hunt

Postby smiths buck n belle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:19 am

Where are some good places to hunt in north Florida? I mostly hunt coast but need some other options
take em!
smiths buck n belle
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am


Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby BigBend » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:44 am

I've been wondering this exact same thing. Welcome to the forum!
BigBend
State Moderator
 
Posts: 1067
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:23 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby waterdogds » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:31 am

smiths buck n belle wrote:Where are some good places to hunt in north Florida? I mostly hunt coast but need some other options


Are you kidding? Everywhere in North Florida is good hunting. There's thousands of ducks and not many hunters. We are truly lucky to live in an area like this. :welcome:
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
waterdogds
hunter
 
Posts: 1890
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:45 am
Location: Sopchoppy, Florida

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby Ichabod97 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:23 am

I will tell you what everyone else is going to say, but hasn't said it. Get out and scout. Anyone in their right mind will not give up spots that are producing birds because once that info goes out on the forum, everyone and their brother will be at that spot the next time you go out to hunt it. Some people might share some spots via PM, but that kind of info will more than likely not be spilled in the public forum. This year already we have seen some ridiculous lines at the boat ramps for the WMA's. Some of that might be due to the forums, shows like Duck Dynasty and people just running their mouth. Do what the rest of us do, grab your boat, search Google maps, and get out and scout!

Good luck and :welcome: to the forums!
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
User avatar
Ichabod97
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 pm
Location: Middleburg, FL

Good Places to Hunt

Postby JAXcrisp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:26 am

^^^^ This


JAXcrisp
JAXcrisp
hunter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:12 am

Lake Iamonia is on fire right now...
User avatar
DUCK-DAWG
hunter
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Thomasville, GA/N. FL

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby FlaWoodie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:27 am

p.m. bro I got about 3-5 awesome spots that I've been waiting to blow the lid off of for some time now, flyway highway type stuff
You pay for you!
_______________________
FlaWoodie
hunter
 
Posts: 361
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby smiths buck n belle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:21 pm

imonia is dry as he'll miccosukee is gone and Jackson u got a be there at 1 in the mornin to get a decent spot. I Wana start tryin Seminole but don't kno to much about it
take em!
smiths buck n belle
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am

Good Places to Hunt

Postby chris_k » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:34 pm

smiths buck n belle wrote:imonia is dry as he'll miccosukee is gone and Jackson u got a be there at 1 in the mornin to get a decent spot. I Wana start tryin Seminole but don't kno to much about it


Please don't name lakes on this forum. I'll slash your tires at the boat ramp.
Getcha Pull!
User avatar
chris_k
hunter
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby smiths buck n belle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:39 pm

whatever :lol:
take em!
smiths buck n belle
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Iamonia IS on fire right now...I just mean't it literally.
User avatar
DUCK-DAWG
hunter
 
Posts: 376
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Thomasville, GA/N. FL

Good Places to Hunt

Postby JAXcrisp » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Hahahahahahaha


JAXcrisp
JAXcrisp
hunter
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby QuacknStrut » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Every other person in Tally was on that lake you named and have skybusted the he77 out of the few ducks that want to use it. (not that all Tally boys are skybusters, but there are a lot of em and they odds say the more duck shooters you have, the more skybusters) Saw some boys the other day sat up 200 yards from me in the wide open, cutting off any chance for birds to come down the canal to me. Then they did the famous Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr call that we have all heard a million times (please do not bother to tell me about the time you called in 400 ringers with it, I do not believe you) and I knew their home lake. Nice young men, did not skybust, but obviously noobs to that lake. There were a gazillion boats on opening day and half a gazillion skybusters and the few birds are long gone. Wish the water would fill the tally spots back up so folks would leave my haunts alone (not just that lake either).


See guys, I never said the name of anything and everyone knows where I am talking about. And if you do not, you don't need to know anyways. Maybe in a while you will figure it out the same way the rest of us did, with wind in the face time!

And to the OP, scout brother, scout. Any info you get on Al Gore's interwebs is gonna be a half truth, a lie, or a dang lie. And it was decided a while ago that God does not punish a man for lying about his fishing holes or duck holes.
QuacknStrut
hunter
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby smiths buck n belle » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 pm

yep you said it all right there, all there is, is a buncha young guys out there sky busting just think they know what there doin. but it is what it is. gota hunt somewhere, im goin to coast next week try it out. had real good luck out there last year
take em!
smiths buck n belle
hunter
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:03 am

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby marshnole11 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:13 pm

chris_k wrote:
smiths buck n belle wrote:imonia is dry as he'll miccosukee is gone and Jackson u got a be there at 1 in the mornin to get a decent spot. I Wana start tryin Seminole but don't kno to much about it


Please don't name lakes on this forum. I'll slash your tires at the boat ramp.


I love internet tough guys.

you freakin hacks argue and fight over ringneck holes and bufflehead shoots. I couldnt imagine if there were actually any good birds around. this is why I travel back south to hunt. I will drive 5 hours to kill puddle ducks and not have to deal with punk arse bed wetters. half the people on here cant keep their mouths shut and the other half are self proclaimed internet duck professors. And the majority of both groups dont have more than five pube hairs between them
marshnole11
hunter
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby birdyhunter » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:18 pm

With all the flooding we had this summer there are tons of areas holding ducks on private property. Get out and do some scouting then knock on some doors. Lots of folks willing to let you duck hunt for free or either a small trespass fee.


Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
birdyhunter
hunter
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:21 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby blackrhino » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:22 pm

PCS is always good. Most of the rivers have some Woodies. Orange Lake is a tough hunt, has lots of hunters but holds some ducks. But mostly the ducks have not made it this far down yet.
Duck'n ain't easy!
User avatar
blackrhino
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:23 pm
Location: Sunny Central, FL

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby SouthernWingsAssaultTeam » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:15 pm

QuacknStrut wrote:Every other person in Tally was on that lake you named and have skybusted the he77 out of the few ducks that want to use it. (not that all Tally boys are skybusters, but there are a lot of em and they odds say the more duck shooters you have, the more skybusters) Saw some boys the other day sat up 200 yards from me in the wide open, cutting off any chance for birds to come down the canal to me. Then they did the famous Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr call that we have all heard a million times (please do not bother to tell me about the time you called in 400 ringers with it, I do not believe you) and I knew their home lake. Nice young men, did not skybust, but obviously noobs to that lake. There were a gazillion boats on opening day and half a gazillion skybusters and the few birds are long gone. Wish the water would fill the tally spots back up so folks would leave my haunts alone (not just that lake either).


See guys, I never said the name of anything and everyone knows where I am talking about. And if you do not, you don't need to know anyways. Maybe in a while you will figure it out the same way the rest of us did, with wind in the face time!

And to the OP, scout brother, scout. Any info you get on Al Gore's interwebs is gonna be a half truth, a lie, or a dang lie. And it was decided a while ago that God does not punish a man for lying about his fishing holes or duck holes.

That's a honest statement there. I live on that lake and wut was there is long gone. But when someone ask a question like this lake names get brought up. If you wanna strive to be a better hunter your gonna have to learn to find ducks on ur on.
Rodney Hill
Echo championship calls prostaff
Avian X Fieldstaff
User avatar
SouthernWingsAssaultTeam
hunter
 
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Sneads,Fl

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:48 am

marshnole11 wrote:

I love internet tough guys.

you freakin hacks argue and fight over ringneck holes and bufflehead shoots. I couldnt imagine if there were actually any good birds around. this is why I travel back south to hunt. I will drive 5 hours to kill puddle ducks and not have to deal with punk arse bed wetters. half the people on here cant keep their mouths shut and the other half are self proclaimed internet duck professors. And the majority of both groups dont have more than five pube hairs between them



whos the internet tough guy? :huh:
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
User avatar
whaknstak
hunter
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: N Florida

Good Places to Hunt

Postby chris_k » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:45 am

marshnole11 wrote:
chris_k wrote:
smiths buck n belle wrote:imonia is dry as he'll miccosukee is gone and Jackson u got a be there at 1 in the mornin to get a decent spot. I Wana start tryin Seminole but don't kno to much about it


Please don't name lakes on this forum. I'll slash your tires at the boat ramp.


I love internet tough guys.

you freakin hacks argue and fight over ringneck holes and bufflehead shoots. I couldnt imagine if there were actually any good birds around. this is why I travel back south to hunt. I will drive 5 hours to kill puddle ducks and not have to deal with punk arse bed wetters. half the people on here cant keep their mouths shut and the other half are self proclaimed internet duck professors. And the majority of both groups dont have more than five pube hairs between them


Watch what you say boy ...
Getcha Pull!
User avatar
chris_k
hunter
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:03 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby QuacknStrut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:47 pm

SO, marshnole,
half the people on here cant keep their mouths shut and the other half are self proclaimed internet duck professors?
Which are you? :lame:

I still learn something every time I hunt. I have hunted ducks hard for 25 years in 4 states and 2 countries. I still love it and at 50 years old, I may have lost a step in getting there, but my shooting has only gotten better. I don't think I know everything, not by a long shot, but I do know a lot and I am learning more all the time. Just curious, how old are you?
QuacknStrut
hunter
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby Ichabod97 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Glad to see more places named on here. I'm sure the lines will grow just a bit more now. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Way to go!

Let me quote myself from the top of the page:

Ichabod97 wrote:Anyone in their right mind will not give up spots that are producing birds because once that info goes out on the forum, everyone and their brother will be at that spot the next time you go out to hunt it. Some people might share some spots via PM




If getting to a place at 1 am is too much for you...then i don't know what to tell you. Small price you got to pay to get the good spots. Believe me...you will not get the good spots showing up 30 minutes before shooting time. Those guys drive me nuts.
Last edited by Ichabod97 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt

imaduckin up north wrote:There aint no ducks in VA
User avatar
Ichabod97
State Moderator
 
Posts: 2985
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 pm
Location: Middleburg, FL

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby marshnole11 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Im neither. I could care less about bragging on the internet. And I dont think I know everything but I know enough. forums used to be a place for other duck hunters to meet and maybe help each other out through PM or email.

Nowadays these forums are more of a I know the most I shoot the most and I do the most kind of deal.

Old coots arguing about whos more involved in meetings and duck orgs and other BS and then young douchebags talking about how great they are, how many birds they kill and how everyone else doesnt know their wanger from their ass. People are getting more territorial over duck holes than surf spots nowadays. its the gayest thing ive ever seen.

I swear if I see one more person with a black hoodie with a duck skull or a giant waterfowl widowmaker sticker on their truck (who is that douche in tally?) I am going to vomit up my gordos.

As far as how old I am, im older than the young punks and younger than the old coots.
marshnole11
hunter
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby whaknstak » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Nobody is holding you hostage nole. You don't have put up with homosexual old coots and and kids that don't have two pubes to rub together. So, just leave and rid us of your garbage posts. Bye :hi:
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
User avatar
whaknstak
hunter
 
Posts: 1037
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: N Florida

Re: Good Places to Hunt

Postby QuacknStrut » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:33 pm

Only person I see acting like a douche is you my brother. relax. Enjoy life.
QuacknStrut
hunter
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Next

Return to Florida Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests