Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.
Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux, Ichabod97
i have a 1187 (12g) and i had a stock modified tube in it. i went to take it out to clean it and put some never seize on the threads and i striped the notches trying to get it out...
i cant get a grip with the choke tool so and the choke is now all ate up. Any body ever have someting like this happen? how can i get it out or should i take it to the gunsmith?? thanks jared
"Shoot em again!" 2010 alumacraft 29 hp kawi hyperdrive big blade/ air boat coming soon !
GW Teal 4
BW Teal 2
Hooded Merg 4
Common Merg 1
Buffle head 1
flyn its dien
- Posts: 85
- Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:05 am
- Location: Sarasota, Fl
Gunsmith is the only way to go. They may wind up having to cut your barrel and then re thread it for a choke though. I speak from experience :-?
Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
- Posts: 76
- Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:21 pm
There is many threads on the shotgun and mod parts of this forum, with a lot of useful information.
My advice to everybody I know is to put an extended choke, for 2 reasons:
1) Waterfowl chokes are made of a harder steel alloy, which deforms less than stock chokes (in most cases)
2) Its got more 'meat' on the outside in case it got stuck, making it easier to pull it out.
The improvement in pattern is questionable, but a plus if it is indeed the case.
- Posts: 778
- Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:03 pm
- Location: Florida
- Posts: 520
- Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:07 pm
- Location: Navarre/Sneads FL.
The problem is that its a 1187. Throw it in the trash and get a Bennelli...m2
1 hog, 5 more hogs with friends.
- Posts: 164
- Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:45 am
- Location: I see dead ducks...
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."
Col Jeff Cooper
- Posts: 1175
- Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:24 pm
- Location: N Florida
Return to Florida Duck Hunting
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests