TM Goodwin

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

TM Goodwin

Postby SnookMan88 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Hey can someone PM me some general info about TM Goodwin. I pulled a permit there for 1/15 and since I live in jacksonville I cant go down there ahead of time to scout. Curious to know general protocol and maybe some tips on decoys to bring.

Thanks
SnookMan88
hunter

Re: TM Goodwin

Postby marshnole11 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:12 pm

do you know what pick number you are? If you are at the bottom of the list it might not be worth the drive. goodwin has some really good spots and some crappy ones. its not an STA and even some of the good cells you have to be on the X. havent hunted it in awhile so couldnt tell you whats hot right now but im sure someone can.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby SnookMan88 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:40 am

Thanks for the response MarshI have heard that goodwin can really be hit or miss. Actually I have a really crummy pick (#15) and I have considered not even going. But if I do decide to go I would like to gather a little more info on the place. Like I said before feel free to PM me info if you got any. Thanks
SnookMan88
hunter

Postby flashalexb » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Snookman.

It may be worth a shot. They are having about a 50% turnout ratio so that 15 pick may be more like 7.

The FWC there will help point you to the right direction. I would plan on bringing a boat in case only the open water spots are available.

I hunted there in December. Killed Teal, Ringers and mottled. Saw some gadwalls and pintails as well.
Duck commander
flashalexb
hunter

Postby MCMolinet » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:49 pm

this will be my first time there as well. i live in fort lauderdale so i cant just get up and go scout. i have pick #11 and was not sure on if i should go or not. is the current google earth immage close to whats there? and are there spots i can walk in? we will have our boat with us but i hear its a mud motor only kind of place. any truth to that? sorry for all the questions... just trying to figure it all out.
MCMolinet
Newb

Postby flashalexb » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:21 am

Google Image is not accurate.

I would bring the boat just in case. There are plenty of no motor zones where it is wade only (they drop you off).

If the no motor zones fill up, the rest is open water and an outboard shouldn't have any problems.
Duck commander
flashalexb
hunter

Postby MCMolinet » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:20 pm

thanks for the info. ill be headibg up in the early morning. hopefully i get lucky and pick a decent area
MCMolinet
Newb

Postby flashalexb » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:14 am

How was your hunt?
Duck commander
flashalexb
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting