Jax Jags

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Jax Jags

Postby SnookMan88 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Anyone else excited to see the Khan put his stamp on the jaguars during this off season? I really hope the guys he brings in will turn our jags into perenial contenders again like they were during the coughlin days! It was sure was an ugly season, but perhaps this bad season was just what we needed in order to get a truly fresh start.

GO JAGS!
SnookMan88
hunter

Re: Jax Jags

Postby tknight006 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 am

I have a feeling Tebow will be wearing a jags jersey.

He will help fill seats, but that's about it.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 am

tknight006 wrote:I have a feeling Tebow will be wearing a jags jersey.

He will help fill seats, but that's about it.

Come on Trey, until given the chance, you can't say what he will or won't do. When he got a chance at Denver, he was winning and took them to the playoffs. The jets suck, and he's stuck in suckville with them. He's no Montana, but he's a winner and a leader. Two attributes that can't be seen on the bench. I hope your right. I hope he comes to Jacksonville and silences all the critics.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby SnookMan88 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am

please khan, DONT BRING TEBOW! he wont do anything but divide the locker room and fanbase! We need a real quarterback, not a pop icon.
SnookMan88
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 pm

SnookMan88 wrote:please khan, DONT BRING TEBOW! he wont do anything but divide the locker room and fanbase! We need a real quarterback, not a pop icon.

Whoa, you know nothing of what you speak. Pop icon...... he's not Justin Beiber, fool. Divide the locker room!!. Where in the hell did you hear or get that from? Stop regurgitating that hater crap you heard from some sports talk show host.Seems to me, Tebow would be a better alternative to who's playing and loosing there now. If he sucks, then things won't change much around there.

And please tell me exactly how he will divide the fan base? You do know he's from the area, right? If anything, it would give some hope to the fan base, well, except for you of corse. Haters gonna hate.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:15 pm

waterdogds wrote:
SnookMan88 wrote:please khan, DONT BRING TEBOW! he wont do anything but divide the locker room and fanbase! We need a real quarterback, not a pop icon.

Whoa, you know nothing of what you speak. Pop icon...... he's not Justin Beiber, fool. Divide the locker room!!. Where in the hell did you hear or get that from? Stop regurgitating that hater crap you heard from some sports talk show host.Seems to me, Tebow would be a better alternative to who's playing and loosing there now. If he sucks, then things won't change much around there.

And please tell me exactly how he will divide the fan base? You do know he's from the area, right? If anything, it would give some hope to the fan base, well, except for you of corse. Haters gonna hate.

Agreed. Whats the worse that could happen to an already below average team? Not a jags fan (Go Falcons), but I would definitely watch them if they brought Tebow in. Nobody knows his playing ability in the NFL because he never plays. How do you expect to get experience by only coming in to run the ball or play on special teams??? Go Gators!
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby SnookMan88 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Dont you think there is a reaon that denver dropped him after just one season? Why in the hell would the jets let crappy sanchez play if Tebow was truly a better option? I say draft a quarterback for the future and not one that cant even stay on a team for more than a year. I am so tired of hearing this "that kid is a winner" or "he is such a good guy" and "he is a local hero" and all that crap (or should I say mularkey?). If he was such a great qb he would be playing for a team and not travelling between them. We all know that the teams who win championships in the NFL these days are all built around a truly great QB (Brady, manning, rodgers, brees, manning) and until we have that here we will never win a championship and I personally do not think that tebow will ever be known as a great qb in the NFL.
SnookMan88
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:18 pm

SnookMan88 wrote:Dont you think there is a reaon that denver dropped him after just one season? Why in the hell would the jets let crappy sanchez play if Tebow was truly a better option? I say draft a quarterback for the future and not one that cant even stay on a team for more than a year. I am so tired of hearing this "that kid is a winner" or "he is such a good guy" and "he is a local hero" and all that crap (or should I say mularkey?). If he was such a great qb he would be playing for a team and not travelling between them. We all know that the teams who win championships in the NFL these days are all built around a truly great QB (Brady, manning, rodgers, brees, manning) and until we have that here we will never win a championship and I personally do not think that tebow will ever be known as a great qb in the NFL.

This is very true and I agree that he will never be a GREAT QB, but someone will pick him up either way even if he doesnt start. Jags get first pick in the draft this upcoming season I believe. Maybe they will choose someone worthy to lead the team.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby SnookMan88 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:30 pm

The jags get the second overall pick in the draft this year. I for one wouldnt mind bringing tebow to the jags if he played a position other than quarterback. I think if he played multiple positions such as running back, tight end, and full back we could utilize his strengths (running/ playmaking) while avoiding his weaknesses (passing). I just think there are better options out there for quarterback. If Tebow has been pegged as anyhting he has been called a great teammate and leader. The leader inside of tim needs to show humility and possibly play a role on a team other than qb while the teammate side of tebow needs to do whatever would be best for the team which in all probobility is to play in specific packages (wildcat) or play a different position all together.
SnookMan88
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:37 pm

SnookMan88 wrote:The jags get the second overall pick in the draft this year. I for one wouldnt mind bringing tebow to the jags if he played a position other than quarterback. I think if he played multiple positions such as running back, tight end, and full back we could utilize his strengths (running/ playmaking) while avoiding his weaknesses (passing). I just think there are better options out there for quarterback. If Tebow has been pegged as anyhting he has been called a great teammate and leader. The leader inside of tim needs to show humility and possibly play a role on a team other than qb while the teammate side of tebow needs to do whatever would be best for the team which in all probobility is to play in specific packages (wildcat) or play a different position all together.

Only time will tell. I heard a rumor that the owner never wanted Tebow in Jax a couple years back, but the coaches did. Anyone else hear about this?

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 pm

SnookMan88 wrote:The jags get the second overall pick in the draft this year. I for one wouldnt mind bringing tebow to the jags if he played a position other than quarterback. I think if he played multiple positions such as run
ning back, tight end, and full back we could utilize his strengths (running/ playmaking) while avoiding his weaknesses (passing). I just think there are better options out there for quarterback. If Tebow has been pegged as anyhting he has been called a great teammate and leader. The leader inside of tim needs to show humility and possibly play a role on a team other than qb while the teammate side of tebow needs to do whatever would be best for the team which in all probobility is to play in specific packages (wildcat) or play a different position all together.

Same kind of bull chit role he's expected to play now. What a joke. You know about as much about football as I know about French poetry. The only reason Tebow left Denver is because Elway runs the show, and he wanted a gun slinger QB, like himself. Call me crazy, but Tebow left Denver with a WINNING record, so I don't really know of any other reason other than that. Also, you don't compete in a sport like football for as long as he has and not know humility. I'm sure he has eaten plenty of crow in his day. With success, there's always failure. You can't have one without the other. Turn off Sports Center and come up with an original thought.
waterdogds
hunter

Postby SnookMan88 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm

I dont know whether to laugh or cry. Well if you get your wish and he plays here (and ultimately fails as a qb) my only satisfaction will be the fact that we tried and the tebow fanatics will no longer be calling for his name here in jacksonville. Only then, i guess, will we be able to move on and forget about tebowmania.
SnookMan88
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 pm

SnookMan88 wrote:I dont know whether to laugh or cry. Well if you get your wish and he plays here (and ultimately fails as a qb) my only satisfaction will be the fact that we tried and the tebow fanatics will no longer be calling for his name here in jacksonville. Only then, i guess, will we be able to move on and forget about tebowmania.

Tell you the truth, I could care less where he plays. I hate pro ball and don't really care for the Jags. I like Tebow for what he did at :yes: UF. It's difficult to view him as anything but a winner and passionate competitor. Don't cry buddy, it's only football. :thumbsup:
waterdogds
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:07 am

waterdogds wrote:
SnookMan88 wrote:I dont know whether to laugh or cry. Well if you get your wish and he plays here (and ultimately fails as a qb) my only satisfaction will be the fact that we tried and the tebow fanatics will no longer be calling for his name here in jacksonville. Only then, i guess, will we be able to move on and forget about tebowmania.

I like Tebow for what he did at :yes: UF. It's difficult to view him as anything but a winner and passionate competitor. :thumbsup:

Go Gators!

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:50 am

Tebow is absolutely a stand up guy... he did awesome in college, I just think the defensive players are a little too big for his style, and he can't run right through them.

If my son grows up to be like him, i won't be upset.... except he has to play for LSU.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting