Great second half of season

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Great second half of season

Postby Airbandit » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Im new to forum but have been duck hunting 39 of my 47 years. The first half of season was not so good with a total of 4 ducks but the second half has been better then ever. When I figure out how to put my pics on here you will see. Of the last 10 outings I have taken 50 ringers. I took my brother and an 82 year old friend the other day and we limited out in 3 hrs. The thing is the ducks are still coming in to decoys. It's been a blessed time this year. It reminds me when I was a kid at Rodman with my dad.
Airbandit
Newb

Re: Great second half of season

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Airbandit wrote:Im new to forum but have been duck hunting 39 of my 47 years. The first half of season was not so good with a total of 4 ducks but the second half has been better then ever. When I figure out how to put my pics on here you will see. Of the last 10 outings I have taken 50 ringers. I took my brother and an 82 year old friend the other day and we limited out in 3 hrs. The thing is the ducks are still coming in to decoys. It's been a blessed time this year. It reminds me when I was a kid at Rodman with my dad.

Congrats on getting some birds this season. Sounds like the second split has been a food one for you. My grandfather has told me stories of him hunting Rodman years ago. He said itbwas mostly ringnecks, but they were bountiful. Did you live in Palatka?

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using Tapatalk 2
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby chris_k » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm

That's awesome. January has been really tough for me as it always is around here. Congrats!
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby Airbandit » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 am

I live in Green Cove Springs. We had a good year last year but the lakes we hunt somehow the vegitation is gone. I heard the lakes were sprayed. It ruined the places we go. I finally found an area to hunt around mid Dec. and have been doing great but the birds don't come in at traditional daylight. The seem to come in on major feed periods
Airbandit
Newb

Postby dogyak » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Hey , I live in Orange Park , do you got a dog or you get them yourself , I never hunted Roddman , heard about it but didn't know if it was really good . I have a Lab and I do used her , also have training grounds close to you .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Airbandit » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:51 am

I have been to Rodman a few times but haven't been since early December, there were very few ducks then. I've been to Samson, Orange, Newnan and Alligator lakes but it was not so good. Hit or miss, mostly miss. I don't have a dog but a 14ft Jon boat with a 16hp long tail and a small layout boat I put a little airboat motor on. Just google ( one man duck hunting airboat and you can see both boats on utube.
Airbandit
Newb

Return to Florida Duck Hunting