Hunting near Orlando

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Hunting near Orlando

Postby fandf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:03 am

Hey guys I am from New York and my father lives near Orlando I plan on coming down with my rig next year to hunt can any of you point me in the right direction or if interested in swapping a hunt I see there is a ton of publi land I have been looking at Apopka and some of the lakes northeast of
Last edited by fandf on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fandf
Newb

Re: Hunting near Orlando

Postby BigBend » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:13 am

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you should re-read the rules of DHC. We dont allow free advertising, so I had to take the link to your website out. If you would like to be a sponsor of this webpage, and advertise, please contact a sight Administrator. Or you can click directly at the bottom of the page on the link called "Advertising".

Swapping hunts is fine.

â– Businesses may not use the forum in any way to sell their products or services. Advertising inquiries may be forwarded to webmaster@duckhuntingchat.com
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby fandf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:08 pm

Honestly it wasn't an attempt to advertise but way to pour on the condescending tone in your reply. I simply put the link tony website on there so if someone wanted to swap hunts they could see where I hunt. I really have no interest in advertising to the 17 guys who actually use this forum!!!
fandf
Newb

Postby tmclaimerFL » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:49 pm

fandf wrote:Honestly it wasn't an attempt to advertise but way to pour on the condescending tone in your reply. I simply put the link tony website on there so if someone wanted to swap hunts they could see where I hunt. I really have no interest in advertising to the 17 guys who actually use this forum!!!

Take it down a notch Yankee. BB was just informing you of the rules.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby chris_k » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 pm

fandf wrote:Honestly it wasn't an attempt to advertise but way to pour on the condescending tone in your reply. I simply put the link tony website on there so if someone wanted to swap hunts they could see where I hunt. I really have no interest in advertising to the 17 guys who actually use this forum!!!

Walk on home boy ...
Getcha Pull!
chris_k
hunter

Postby goosebuster77 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:55 pm

I've heard the hunting around disney is good....lots of banded birds

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
goosebuster77
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:40 pm

Lake Eola is a pretty good place for you.
Got some exotics in the mix there to boot.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby highbrass12345 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to Orlando duck hunting. Moved down here a year ago from Jacksonville to study nuclear medicine and haven't had the time to look for any places to go on my own. Lake City and Live Oak use to be my old stomping ground but is just too far away to get to now with classes and clinicals to be at nearly every day. Anyone who wouldn't mind me tagging along and showing me some of the ropes here in Orlando let me know how to get in contact. Thanks.

Marcus
904-316-9697
highbrass12345
Newb

Postby FlaWoodie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:21 pm

mi9PoP5wT9x1kiZY3QYT6uQ.jpg
mi9PoP5wT9x1kiZY3QYT6uQ.jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 1428 times

They are coming.....diggin up honey hole posts from six months ago.
You pay for you!

Postby jakefromflorida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:04 pm

GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO LOOK! NO ONE IN THEYRE RIGHT MIND IS GOING TO OFFER YOU A SEAT ON A BOAT TO GO SHOOT SOME DUCKS!!

:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

BONEHEADS :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

:thumbsup: :beer:
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:11 pm

jakefromflorida wrote:GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO LOOK! NO ONE IN THEYRE RIGHT MIND IS GOING TO OFFER YOU A SEAT ON A BOAT TO GO SHOOT SOME DUCKS!!

I would and do often. Its all about how you ask......
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:58 pm

whaknstak wrote:
jakefromflorida wrote:GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND GO LOOK! NO ONE IN THEYRE RIGHT MIND IS GOING TO OFFER YOU A SEAT ON A BOAT TO GO SHOOT SOME DUCKS!!

That's Awesome of you to do, I would, but never any of the knuckleheads on here.

im thankful to have someone take me under their wing for one season, then it was up to me to take it from there. I didn't just roll over and post online how I'm new and want someone to show me "the ropes". I remember learning " the ropes" and how freaking cool it wasto ffigure chit out on my own...

Eh, just complaining is all I is... Lol
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:38 pm

whaknstak wrote:

This...^^^

Theres a difference between people coming on here and wanting to learn, asking questions, etc and asking for ride a longs because they dont have the means, compared to people who come on here and ask for ride alongs right out of the gate in their first 3 posts, and they probably have a boat.....
You pay for you!

Postby jakefromflorida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:41 pm

FlaWoodie wrote:
whaknstak wrote:

This...^^^

Theres a difference between people coming on here and wanting to learn, asking questions, etc and asking for ride a longs because they dont have the means, compared to people who come on here and ask for ride alongs right out of the gate in their first 3 posts, and they probably have a boat.....

Ok, so I'm a little rough... Lol
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Just a little. Several of these "knuckleheads" are personal friends that I met through this forum. Relax and kick your feet up. Welcome aboard!
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:34 pm

whaknstak wrote:Just a little. Several of these "knuckleheads" are personal friends that I met through this forum. Relax and kick your feet up. Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the "welcome" but been on DHC since 2012, I obviously frequent the site more in the fall. This is my third username because I can't remember my old email accounts.

I'm glad you've made friends with the knuckleheads, in case you haven't noticed I tend to joke quite often... No need to get defensive.
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Not sure how you got defensive in my post?? Your account is less than a month old. Thought it proper for a welcome. What were you old usernames?

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:04 pm

whaknstak wrote:Not sure how you got defensive in my post?? Your account is less than a month old. Thought it proper for a welcome. What were you old usernames?

Oh no worries then mate! :thumbsup:

Yes, my account is less then a month.I can almost guarantee by next season ill have a new one unfortunately.

You can go back and check but the couple I remeber are edge2009 or edge2012, and then cuttinwings09, its been awhile and I tried searching for them because I knew you would ask, I don't know how to look up members. But you should be able to find them to verify it.

Enjoy
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:10 pm

And duckluck09 or duckluck2009, again I don't remember... That one might have been in 2010; that was my first year duck hunting so I didn't post hardly at all.. lol,
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby FishH2o » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:25 pm

I asked once ad ended up meeting a stand out cat that can hunt or fish in my boat any day. Its like you said its the way you ask and the additude you have with people. If someone acts like this one the internet woud you trust sitting next to them with a gun?? Funny thing though my girl went and put her finger prints all over his truck once we left for a duck hunt.. She said they might not find you but they will me and i will tell them you were with him.. LOL She watches way to much discovery ID.
FishH2o
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:12 am

This is why I always wash my truck and boat
after a hunting trip.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby sigalphjoe44 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:26 pm

Its fairly amusing to me when you see people who are relatively new to the sport (i.e. first season in 2010) immediately start chiming in against the cyberscouters and newbies on here. 2-3 seasons ago the guy you just chastised was you....and even if you had the common decency not to be a cyberscouter or go beg for open seats you damn sure arent a seasoned vet at a measily 3 seasons. :fingerpt:
sigalphjoe44
hunter

Postby Coonrod » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:16 am

It's fairly amusing to me whenever anyone chastises anyone
for anything on an internet BB.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:08 pm

sigalphjoe44 wrote:Its fairly amusing to me when you see people who are relatively new to the sport (i.e. first season in 2010) immediately start chiming in against the cyberscouters and newbies on here. 2-3 seasons ago the guy you just chastised was you....and even if you had the common decency not to be a cyberscouter or go beg for open seats you damn sure arent a seasoned vet at a measily 3 seasons. :fingerpt:

Whody scuba Steve!

Let me clear up first I am no seasoned vet, nor claim to ever be one. I enjoy waking up early in cold weather, driving my boat to a duck hole, throwing some old decoys out in the water in hopes to have a morning of shooting at ducks. I'm probably the worst shot on this forum... And one of the least knowledgable person on duck hunting on this forum.

What I am not.... Is a cyber scouter. I much rether enjoy the "unknown" then ask for help.

I am not! Against newbies. I am against people who are out for handouts, not claiming the OP is one or anyone else is. But I will state my opinion.

I see someone who is for helping themselves, I will always have open mind to helping....granted you will catch some chit because that's my nature and who I am...

Now then... I will give you my attention this time for the fun of a arguement and the amusement. But I'm afraid like coonrod said, if you want to stir up any other older, outdated, laid to rest posts... Be my guest... But I won't give it the time of day.

You sir... I hope have a splendid season, since you have been a "veteran" duck hunter all of 2011, at least on DHC... I'm sure you will find em.

Since this will bring it to the top... Ill add, can we just let this horse lay ...
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby quackhunter99 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:05 am

jakefromflorida wrote:
sigalphjoe44 wrote:Its fairly amusing to me when you see people who are relatively new to the sport (i.e. first season in 2010) immediately start chiming in against the cyberscouters and newbies on here. 2-3 seasons ago the guy you just chastised was you....and even if you had the common decency not to be a cyberscouter or go beg for open seats you damn sure arent a seasoned vet at a measily 3 seasons. :fingerpt:

Whody scuba Steve!

Let me clear up first I am no seasoned vet, nor claim to ever be one. I enjoy waking up early in cold weather, driving my boat to a duck hole, throwing some old decoys out in the water in hopes to have a morning of shooting at ducks. I'm probably the worst shot on this forum... And one of the least knowledgable person on duck hunting on this forum.

What I am not.... Is a cyber scouter. I much rether enjoy the "unknown" then ask for help.

I am not! Against newbies. I am against people who are out for handouts, not claiming the OP is one or anyone else is. But I will state my opinion.

I see someone who is for helping themselves, I will always have open mind to helping....granted you will catch some chit because that's my nature and who I am...

Now then... I will give you my attention this time for the fun of a arguement and the amusement. But I'm afraid like coonrod said, if you want to stir up any other older, outdated, laid to rest posts... Be my guest... But I won't give it the time of day.

You sir... I hope have a splendid season, since you have been a "veteran" duck hunter all of 2011, at least on DHC... I'm sure you will find em.

Since this will bring it to the top... Ill add, can we just let this horse lay ...

Well someone's sensitive
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting