Excellent duck hunting guide in Jacksonville, FL

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Re: Excellent duck hunting guide in Jacksonville, FL

Postby Ichabod97 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nick "Ichabod"
Waterfowl Mafia

Modified Scissor Blind ppt
Ichabod97
State Moderator

Postby djtab » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:45 pm

hey guys - just started hunting last year and did it all in zone d. not sure if it even counts as hunting since we didn't get anything so i'll call it sitting for now. i'm new to the sport and reading your comments about guana, not sure if i want to venture out there. if not guana then where in ne fl? any help you can sent my way would be appreciated. thanks! :help:
djtab
Newb

Postby tmclaimerFL » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:04 pm

djtab wrote:hey guys - just started hunting last year and did it all in zone d. not sure if it even counts as hunting since we didn't get anything so i'll call it sitting for now. i'm new to the sport and reading your comments about guana, not sure if i want to venture out there. if not guana then where in ne fl? any help you can sent my way would be appreciated. thanks! :help:

Plenty of public water up that way that is not Guana. Just gotta get out and look.

Sent from my iPhone3 using Tapatalk 28
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:23 pm

djtab wrote:hey guys - just started hunting last year and did it all in zone d. not sure if it even counts as hunting since we didn't get anything so i'll call it sitting for now. i'm new to the sport and reading your comments about guana, not sure if i want to venture out there. if not guana then where in ne fl? any help you can sent my way would be appreciated. thanks! :help:

What kind of hunting are we talking about? Zone d applies to deer.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby djtab » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:34 pm

whaknstak wrote:What kind of hunting are we talking about? Zone d applies to deer.

i'm looking to hunt ducks and deer in ne florida.
djtab
Newb

Postby dogyak » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:26 pm

djtab wrote:
whaknstak wrote:What kind of hunting are we talking about? Zone d applies to deer.

i'm looking to hunt ducks and deer in ne florida.

For deer , if your not going to join a lease , then get a WMA stamp . You have areas close to you , camp blanding , Nassau has a WMA , Ocala are just a few . As for ducks , dude , you live off the St Johns river which has feeder creeks and bayous all over the place . Also George and Orange lakes are close and lets not forget Ocklawaha Prairie which draws blue and greenwings , wood , and ringnecks . Now we aren't going to give you the holes , get out there and do your homework . I saw a lot of ducks today while fishing , I was scouting too as I was catching some reds . Now figure it out !
dogyak
hunter

Postby FloridaOutdoorsman123 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi,I go to school at UNF right there off of Kernan and JTB. I am new to the area and cannot find anyone to duck hunt with. One of my buddies has property in Callahan, FL where we can hunt hogs, deer, and turkey,but no ducks. Does anyone know of a cheap guide, or have any suggestions on how to get started up there? We both are experienced bird and duck hunters, just not in that area. Please Let me know, thanks
Peter
FloridaOutdoorsman123
Newb

Postby Reel Teal » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 pm

You dont need a guide. Sounds like your experienced at shooting. If you know what ducks eat and what type of habitat just go find it. I had decent success my first season by sitting in the marsh for 2 months before the season and doing a little biology in the area. Looking at plants, taking pictures. Figure out what areas produce and why.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Reel Teal
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 pm

FloridaOutdoorsman123 wrote:Hi,I go to school at UNF right there off of Kernan and JTB. I am new to the area and cannot find anyone to duck hunt with. One of my buddies has property in Callahan, FL where we can hunt hogs, deer, and turkey,but no ducks. Does anyone know of a cheap guide, or have any suggestions on how to get started up there? We both are experienced bird and duck hunters, just not in that area. Please Let me know, thanks
Peter

Look at the post above you :welcome: . You have a friend who's from Callahan , you are both experienced . Go find the food source , and you should find the ducks . :eek:
dogyak
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:44 pm

Get a silencer and hunt the ponds on UNF.... those bad boys are loaded during the season.

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 pm

tknight006 wrote:Get a silencer and hunt the ponds on UNF.... those bad boys are loaded during the season.

Trey

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
dogyak
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:38 pm

tknight006 wrote:Get a silencer and hunt the ponds on UNF.... those bad boys are loaded during the season.

Trey

Just fyi to all those reading(lurking), the above is sarcasm. Nothing contained in this post is lawful. [WINKING FACE]
Last edited by whaknstak on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:55 pm

whaknstak wrote:

Trey

Just fyi to all those reading, the above is sarcasm. Nothing contained in this post is lawful. [WINKING FACE]

Oh man , and I was just ordering a silencer too :lol: :lol:
dogyak
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:59 pm

dogyak wrote:
whaknstak wrote:

Trey

Just fyi to all those reading, the above is sarcasm. Nothing contained in this post is lawful. [WINKING FACE]

Oh man , and I was just ordering a silencer too :lol: :lol:

There's talk about allowing hunting with suppressors in Florida. Im personally all for it.

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby dogyak » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm

Yeah , heard something about that Mitchell .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Ajaxian » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 am

Trey

I'll mug dirty pond mallards with a sling shot if it means some action!
Ajaxian
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting