Holmes/Walton County Duck Killin

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Holmes/Walton County Duck Killin

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:09 am

I hunt and when I say hunt the people going have to have all there own gear(Gun, ammo,camo, warm clothes and waders) and License and I provide the Land, Boat, Decoys(but more always help), local knowledge, transportation and can line up lodging and cover any other issues that may arise on the hunt. we mainly shoot Wood Ducks, Teal Green and Blue wing, Ringneck Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, Buffleheads and Bluebills. I had a good season this year putting 119 ducks in the freezer. Looking for people to team up with, trade hunts with or to come and I will hunt with and put you on some birds, If you have a hunt to trade its all free.
Last edited by BigBend on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Not in compliance with forum rules
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Re: Holmes/Walton County Duck Killin

Postby BigBend » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:54 am

Swapping hunts is fine, trying to use the forum as personal advertising is not. You can refer to DHC rules at the bottom of the page.

On another note, you do realize possession limits of ducks right? This refers to ducks in your freezer, a better way to put it would be that you killed 119 buffleheads this year, and not imply that you still have that many in your possession.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:54 am

I am not in it to make money I am doing it to try to lower my cost so I can hunt more, I only stated price because if people wanted to hunt and did not have any areas or the ability to swap a hunt they could still participate and go for peanuts on the dollar compared to what most guides in my area charge, just looking to make new friends and split the cost up as evenly as possible not trying to run a business. And I kill many birds and hunt with other who do the same and I know the possession law is bogus I am one of the few people who eat duck in my area and many people enjoy the gunning but few enjoy the hours of cleaning that come after the fun so I take many extra home every hunt and have far more than I should but being a sportsman if I (or others with me) kill it I eat it and leave as little waste as possible so if they fine me or want to search my freezer thats fine. Cause I know the Game warden had more than 4 deer in his freezer cause I processed them lol.

Thank you for the info and concern I will refrain from putting post like that in the future.
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Postby BigBend » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

Fowlweather_13 wrote:, just looking to make new friends and split the cost up as evenly as possible not trying to run a business.

You could've just said that, instead of acting like your a bonafide guide.

Not commenting on the possession limit, I just noted there was a better way to word it instead of flat out saying you are breaking the law.
BigBend
State Moderator

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:35 pm

There are no guides in my area and few hunters so i hook everybody that comes with me up with all the accommodations at their cost. I have no business everything comes out of the hunters pockets, and nothing goes in mine I just have the access and ability to put people on birds so i try to help people out there is way more fun in doing the hunts this way than hassling around and getting more insurance and a captains Lic.
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Fowlweather_13 wrote:There are no guides in my area and few hunters so i hook everybody that comes with me up with all the accommodations at their cost. I have no business everything comes out of the hunters pockets, and nothing goes in mine I just have the access and ability to put people on birds so i try to help people out. this way is more fun than me hassling around and getting more insurance and a captains Lic.
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Postby 1Luckytiger » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:33 pm

I posted with you a while back....very nice of you to offer to let me go with you maybe next winter. You must come and go with me to some of my snapper/grouper spots....no cost to you other than what you wanta' drink/eat. :thumbsup:

Tom E.
1Luckytiger
hunter

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:30 am

I am all for it hit me up whenever you go out I fish for anything that bites.
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting