mojo or something else???

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

mojo or something else???

Postby Hunter1987 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:47 pm

Need some help?
I am new to duck hunting in South Florida and was hoping to get some advice on what type of motion or robotic decoy everyone recommends. I will be hunting South of Lake O and pairing with a combination of decoys (BWT, Ringers, Coots). So far the baby mojo decoy has been recommended, but I am not sure. Any help or advice would be appreciated as I am gearing up now before season starts. :biggrin:
Life is tough, it's tougher if your're stupid. Sgt. Stryker USMC
Hunter1987
hunter

Re: mojo or something else???

Postby Tealwemeetagain » Tue May 28, 2013 3:01 pm

my mojo worked wonders hunting down at the coast until about the 4th trip when it fell over in the water and never worked again..
Go Noles
Tealwemeetagain
hunter

Postby Hunter1987 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 pm

Tealwemeetagain wrote:my mojo worked wonders hunting down at the coast until about the 4th trip when it fell over in the water and never worked again..

Did you upgrade or change to something else?
Hunter1987
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed May 29, 2013 11:49 am

Depending on the conditions you could always use a wind powered mojo. I use the baby teal mojo but only during early teal and woodie season. Occasionally I will use it throughout the season by very rarely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Wed May 29, 2013 1:08 pm

Depending on how pressured the area you're hunting is, they all work equally well at attracting or flaring the ducks. I've killed just as many ducks over bluebill floaters, baby mojos, and mojo teal as I have over mojo doves. I've also watched ducks that were headed straight for me slam on the breaks at 300+ yards and flare as soon as they saw a mojo. Find the best deal you can and go with that.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby Tealwemeetagain » Wed May 29, 2013 2:59 pm

i left it in my garage never to be used again, didnt really work well enough where i really needed it. they will scare birds off alot of the times. if i got another one it would be a remote one
Go Noles
Tealwemeetagain
hunter

Postby Fowlweather_13 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 am

I love them for dove and shooting ducks in my local river and beaver ponds I use a mojo teal for woodies and a Bluebill floater for Ringnecks, but like stated before you can have to much of a good thing and they will eventually start to flare birds if you use them day after day in the same hole but I am not fortunate enough to hunt but 3 days a week so the breaks and rotations between out ponds and blinds keeps the birds from getting weary.
Fowlweather_13
hunter

Postby Hunter1987 » Thu May 30, 2013 7:39 am

Thanks everybody, the info is appriciated and good luck in the 2013 season. :grooving:
Hunter1987
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting