Widgeon boat blind

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Widgeon boat blind

Postby whaknstak » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 pm

To those of you running a widgeon hull, what type of blind do Yall run? Enquiring minds want to know.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Re: Widgeon boat blind

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 pm

Few guys I've talked to that run them go with the less is more approach. Some dog fennel stuck in the marsh around the boat to break up outline some and just keep real still. Low profile boat, wouldn't want to ruin it by building some unnatural big blocky blind. Just what I've seen anyway
You pay for you!

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:36 am

The best blind I've seen for that type of boat (wigeons, gheenoes, creek crafts, etc.) are the flyway specialty blinds that, to my knowledge, are no longer being made. The guy who makes them sort of picks and chooses when he's in business, so I could be wrong. I have one on my boat and it works great, but just like with any blind you need to brush in with whatever is around you.
DUCK-DAWG
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm with woodie. I'd just get some mats and conceal yourself and be still. Like he said you are pretty low to the water with that hull anyways. Hopefully you can find a little extra natural cover to run into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Ill be going lo pro. The pop up days are now behind me. Waterdogds has an awesome blind on a gheenoe, and ill be hoping to mimic his genius. I just wired up my nav , spot light, and interior lights. Next is the broken motor, then the blind. Oh the joys of the offseason
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:10 pm

whaknstak wrote:Ill be going lo pro. The pop up days are now behind me. Waterdogds has an awesome blind on a gheenoe, and ill be hoping to mimic his genius. I just wired up my nav , spot light, and interior lights. Next is the broken motor, then the blind. Oh the joys of the offseason

:thumbsup:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Per request. A few pics of my gheenoe blind. I didn't care for the color of raffia I choose and will use more natural color this season.
IMAG0339-1.jpg

IMAG0373-1.jpg
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby MiccosukeeMeatDog » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:53 pm

@waterdog how do you have that material attached and what is the material? Burlap and some netting?
Not to good to water-swat!
MiccosukeeMeatDog
hunter

Postby waterdogds » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:49 pm

MiccosukeeMeatDog wrote:@waterdog how do you have that material attached and what is the material? Burlap and some netting?

The material is painters drop cloth. I attached a mesh netting by sewing it in-between some nylon strap and the painters drop cloth. After netting was in place, I spray painted the top half OD Green.Attached my raffia using zip ties and was ready to hunt.

I've attached the blind to the top rails of the boat using snap buttons. Pretty quick and easy set up/break down.
"He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors." Thomas Jefferson
waterdogds
hunter

Postby MiccosukeeMeatDog » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:18 pm

F¥{€\^G Smart!
Not to good to water-swat!
MiccosukeeMeatDog
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:46 am

Its darn near genius. Those pics don't really do it justice

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting