FLORIDA PANHANDLE?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

FLORIDA PANHANDLE?

Postby SEMINOLE WIND » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:07 pm

I HAVE BEEN TOLD THERE IS A LAKE JUST NORTH OF PANAMA CITY THAT IS THE "HIDDEN" TREASURE OF DUCK HOLES. ANYONE KNOW OF IT?
I WILL ONLY GET TO MAKE MAYBE ONE TRIP THERE THIS YEAR, BUT WAS TOLD IT IS A GOOD PUDDLE DUCK LAKE WITH THE FAIR CHANCE AT A SPRIG. I HUNT LAKE SEMINOLE AND EUFALLA ALOT AND MAINLY SHOOT DIVERS THERE. ANYONE ONE WANTING TO SHOOT A CANVASBACK HIT ME UP....PLENTY OF THEM THERE AND I CAN PUT YOU ON THEM!
I ALSO STOPPED BY LAKE JACKSON OUTSIDE OF TALLAHASEE JUST TO TAKE A LOOK THIS PAST WEEKEND AND SAW QUITE A FEW HUNTERS OUT THERE GIVING IT ALL THEY HAD. ANY INFO ON THAT LAKE OR SURROUNDING LAKES THERE?
MIKE POWELL
SEMINOLE WIND
hunter

Postby cut'em all » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:28 am

I think deerpoint is the lake you are referring to. It is just north of panama city. I live on the lake and have hunted it for many years. It can be good at times, and sometimes not so good. We consistantly shoot woodies, teal, gadwall, and ringnecks. We also kill the occosional widgeon, mallard, redhead, and bluebill. I have never killed a pintail on the lake before, or heard of one gettin killed.
cut'em all
hunter

Postby SEMINOLE WIND » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:37 pm

I did alittle more research and thought that would be it. What type of lake is it? I would love to shoot a gad, mallard, or widgeon. Pretty rare where we hunt. I doubt we will make it, but info is nice to have! How do you hunt there...situations , terrain, stuff like that. We are so use to big water sets with 4-5 dozen decoys minimum. Going to ge to make the trip to louisianna this year. Looking forward to hunting the marsh! Maybe I will get my sprig there.... Thank you for your help! :thumbsup:
MIKE POWELL
SEMINOLE WIND
hunter

Postby slepe67 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:35 am

Go here and do a search for it.. Sorry, I am kinda busy, but will get back in here later with more info. I believe it is West Bay that has em. You can also try all the fingers and outlets north of P City. Need a shallow jon boat, (shalow water, tree stumps) and if it is hot, leave your dog at home, gators up in there....
http://www.floridagameandfish.com/
slepe67
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting