Need hunting partner Destin area

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Need hunting partner Destin area

Postby CAPTWALK » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:01 pm

Just told by hunting buddy he's moving out of state. I've been hunting venice La. for years. He owned the boats, but i'm trying to scrape enough together to buy the mudboat from him. (he's a novice, when i took him he got hooked and bought all the stuff so i sold mine but still have all the dekes).

Also, I'm a commitee member for DU and our Banquet is comming up. If u want to help or attend, let me know. It'll be in Niceville.
Capt. Larry Walker
CAPTWALK
hunter

Postby duckhuntnfl » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:08 pm

i live in niceville... i take off work and hunt everyday durning duck season.
i baught a brand new 15 foot duck boat plent of room.
give me a call, 685-9368
duckhuntnfl
hunter

meeting

Postby Fackler Flash » Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:25 pm

Make sure you post when the meeting is. I live in P'cola and may try to come over.
Fackler Flash
hunter

Re: meeting

Postby CAPTWALK » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:00 pm

Fackler Flash wrote:Make sure you post when the meeting is. I live in P'cola and may try to come over.

It's gonna be at The Two Trees Restaurant at the Ft. Walton Beach Golf Club. (The Eglin Golf Course wouldn't let us back 'cause we had GUNS :eek: {Air Force Property}) Nov. 17th is a Friday. Doors open at 7 and dinner is at 7:45.

Tickets are $60 in advance and 75 at the door for individuals and $80 in advance and 100 at the door for couples.

Some great bargins were to be had at last years so if you're into the auctions, it's a good one to attend :yes:

Call me at (850)582-2707 if you need tickets.

:salude:
Capt. Larry Walker
CAPTWALK
hunter

follow up....

Postby briggsy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 pm

Hi all, I am a member of the MASS hunting forum, but I live at Eglin...go figure..all the duck hunting I do is in my home state. I just got back from an awesome trip for opening week up north. I was told by a few local hunters that there are no duck hunting opportunities in this area...am I wrong? I left all of my gear/calls/gun up in MASS, but I will bring it back with in December if you all think it is worth it. What kind of hunting do you all do? I am used to puddle ducks/geese, flooded timber, flooded fields. I am jonesing all year until I can go back up north, please tell me there is something around here for me to do besides read posts from other members!!! Let me know, thank you for input.
Briggsy, from Eglin AFB
briggsy from Central MASS, stationed in FL, ADAF
briggsy
hunter

hey briggsy

Postby Fackler Flash » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:52 am

I'm new to the Panhandle myself, but I hear there is a bit of duck hunting down here. My buddy and I are still looking for areas to hunt. We both came from Alabama, and will probably spend some time hunting Mobile Bay and the delta, but we are looking for areas in Florida too.

I'll post more when I know more, unless someone else beats me to it, but I would probably bring at least some of your stuff down, because I'm sure you can find a hunt or two.
Fackler Flash
hunter

confused

Postby japrxfan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:27 pm

ha all, i'm stationed at nas jacksonville, in the navy. originally from washington state. i've been trying to find friends in the area to hunt with but it seems that duck hunting is on the back burner for floridians. i'm doing some scouting on saturday in the area and would consider driving to go on a hunt. or meet half way.
jason peterson
jap_rx_fan@yahoo.com
(904) 476-0694
why is it every time i go into the woods i feel the need to cut down a tree?
japrxfan
hunter

Postby stumphunter » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:31 pm

Hey I live north of panama city I hunt the choctaehatchee river always looking for people to hunt with not to mant duck hunters around.
stumphunter
hunter

Postby du_uga11 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Heard there are some good opportunities in the west bay area near panama city beach...haven't been myself to scout but I am going to try and get out there before second phase. :thumbsup: Heard they kill redheads, some bluebills, and buffleheads mostly!! Will let you know what I find out? Could just be a myth!!
O God, Thy Sea Is So Big, and My Boat So Small
du_uga11
hunter

Postby FL CANVASBACK » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:29 pm

MOBILE DELTA OR APPALACHICOLA ARE YOUR BEST BETS...
FL CANVASBACK
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting