New to Florida

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

New to Florida

Postby flashpoint84 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:35 am

Hey everyone,
I'm new to the St Augustine area. I just moved here from Washington state where I did a massive amount of duck hunting and fishing. I'm sure you may get these "new to the area" post all the time as we did in Washington and I'm sure they are a bit annoying as they were when I read them but here I am. I have no options but to ask for help so any would be greatly appreciated. All I ask if you have a rude comment please keep it to yourself. I am not asking for your honey holes and what not but more on how to hunt and if you have public spots that aren't too overwhelmed with the "crazies". What kind of ducks do you hunt around here? i am custom to Mallards widgeon and pinners as well as sea ducks. I have an amazing lab that loves to hunt but am unsure because of gators. I was thinking of looking into a hunting club but would like to hear your thoughts on the idea as I am not rich by any means. I wash also interested in getting into salt ware fishing. I did a lot of salmon halibut and lingcod fishing out there but honestly don't know the first thing about the fishing here. Once again I would like to thank you for any help you are willing to give. Good luck to everyone this season!!!

Matt
flashpoint84
hunter

Re: New to Florida

Postby dogyak » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 am

Hello Matt , and welcome to Florida . I live in Orange park not to far from you . I have a lab and run her In hunt tests and we have a local retriever club here . I would like to invite you to a training day this Aug 17 with liv flyers . This will be a good way to meet some guys that hunt here for info . Shoot me a PM with your number and we can hook up :thumbsup:
dogyak
hunter

Postby dogyak » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Hey Matt , I've sent you a PM about this weekend of Aug 17th for the retriever training . There will be 4 members that live in St Aug that duck hunt the local area that you can meet . You can make friends and get to do some great fishing as they know the area and have boats . Really hate for you to miss this chance to hook up with some folks that will show you the ropes . :thumbsup:
dogyak
hunter

Postby flashpoint84 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:50 am

Sorry I missed the training days. I sent a PM back to you as well with my number. Hope to hear from you soon.
flashpoint84
hunter

Postby DuckCommander0623 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:29 am

Hi All,
I just moved back to Fl i was stationed in the Marines for 5 years Up in N.C. Now im back and trying to find som places and learn where I can and cant hunt all over again. Maybe us new guys can stick together lol. The only place Ive really hunted in Florida was lake Toho I hunted there as a kid and last year. Its loaded with hydrilla and grass mats. youd be suprised the variety of duck you can find there but motly ring necks. Id love to get on some mallards or woodies thoguh Just want somthing different. or find somthing a little closer to home I live in lakeland. well I hope you find this usefull, good luck.
"Some men spend there entire lifetime life wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the Marines dont have that problem" Ronad Reagan
DuckCommander0623
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting