Duck Hunting Forum banner

Wanted: ~6 hp mud motor

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mgoldschmidt 
#1 ·
A friend of mine is looking for a used ~ 6 hp mud motor (for a small jon). If you know of one would you please let me know!

Brian
Gainesville FL
kielbrian@hotmail.com

#2 ·
MGS, I appreciate your comments and suggestion. I've already e-mailed Sid and look forward to hearing from him.

This mud motor will be for a small 14' x 32" jon. My friend sometimes hunts w/2 people (but mostly by himself with this jon) and is concerned about weight on the transom. He's trying to keep it within 100 lbs.

As one who has a similar sized mud motor what do you think?

Brian

#3 ·
Big Bend Brian said:
I've already e-mailed Sid

Brian
Call him, 386-747-7652 you'll get through quicker, trust me I do his repair work on all brands of mudmotors. In fact he was here at the house last night picking up a rig I worked on.

Brian I started out with a 1432 pushed by a 6.5 (Robin) Mudbuddy Ultralight. Upgraded to a Tiger Prop for it and in the skinny I could run it just out of the water like a surface drive and get almost 15 mph lightly loaded. Your friend could get by with a 9hp ultralight. Or try to find one of the 6hp hyperpunks.

#4 ·
trust me and the 5.5 - good motor, but biger is better.

Its like a new boat.... a small one works untill you see that there is better out there.

or... get what you need for now so that you can sit and look forward to what you realy want.

#9 ·
Honda 5.5, runs great. I might be selling it. Might is the key word.
any of you possibly interested? It will depend on a trade going on, so I thought I might put a feeler out. Hopefully it will ge happening soon. Next week or so.

I got $700 in it.

mgoldschmidt@yahoo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.