Guide

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

Guide

Postby FishH2o » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:34 pm

I just moved here from the Texas gulf coast. I grew up duck and goose hunting in Katy Texas but I have recently moved to Tampa. I would like to fine a guide here in central Florida for early season and season hunting. If you have a suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.
FishH2o
hunter

Re: Guide

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:27 pm

FishH2o wrote:I just moved here from the Texas gulf coast. I grew up duck and goose hunting in Katy Texas but I have recently moved to Tampa. I would like to fine a guide here in central Florida for early season and season hunting. If you have a suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.

Welcome to FL. I also live in Tampa. Why do you want a guided hunt?
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby FishH2o » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:18 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:
FishH2o wrote:I just moved here from the Texas gulf coast. I grew up duck and goose hunting in Katy Texas but I have recently moved to Tampa. I would like to fine a guide here in central Florida for early season and season hunting. If you have a suggestions please let me know.

Thanks.

Mainly just to show me the ropes around florida.

I've scouted out a few places last weekend and im going to go this weekend to a few other places and look around. It would be nice to have someone to help get you in the right direction.
FishH2o
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:04 am

If you want someone to show you the ropes, you need a friend not a guide. A guide will charge you 200 bucks for a four hour hunt in one area and then leave until you pay him again. A local that you can pair up with is much more valuable and much more bang for your a buck. I have met many friends on this board, and its a great way to get to know like minded folks close to you. I would hit up some Tampa guys, chip in some gas or breakfast money and hunt. Least that's how we do it round here.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 am

FishH2o wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Thanks.

I've scouted out a few places last weekend and im going to go this weekend to a few other places and look around. It would be nice to have someone to help get you in the right direction.

Where in Tampa are you?
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby FishH2o » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:17 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:
FishH2o wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Thanks.

Where in Tampa are you?

I live in Oldsmar right at the top of tamapa bay.
FishH2o
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:55 am

FishH2o wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:
FishH2o wrote:
tmclaimerFL wrote:

Thanks.

Where in Tampa are you?

I live in Oldsmar right at the top of tamapa bay.

I'm just to the east of you over in Carrollwood

tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby FishH2o » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:10 am

I used to work at Dale Maybury and Gunn.. Carolwood Deli is a great sandwhich if you get hungry.
FishH2o
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting