Duck Hunting Forum banner

Nsb hunter introduction

902 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  inletrat 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I just wanted to finally introduce myself. I've been a member for some time but haven't been to active for one reason or another. So anyway I moved to new smyrna about three years ago leaving behind umatilla. When living in Umatilla, emeralda was literally my back yard. I used to ride my dirt bike around the dikes and some of the adjoining property out that way. I hunted out there a while before things got really hectic but never to seriously. I was lucky enough to have a pond on my parents property where I could shoot teal and wood duck. That being said I guess being I had it really easy I never really learned how to duck hunt over decoys and never had to really pattern and pursue. I have a 7 yr old lab who I half way trained by myself with a little advice from a British Britney trainer who travels back and forth to his home land. She used to rule the local dove field but unfortunately like me she hasn't hunted in almost 3 years except for the ocassional squirrel that has made the wrong choice of chewing up my bird feeders. I'm more of a minimalist type duck hunter not by choice but due to being a single father on a firefighter budget! I have a 10' Jon and a canoe and a small mixed bag of decoys but that's about it.

So all that being said, I'm looking forward to meeting some of y'all and hopefully gaining some techniques to help me learn what duck hunting the real way so when it comes time I can teach my son I can teach him right. I've been scouting merrit island for the last couple weeks and it looks to be a fun area to hunt if the birds get here. Sure wish they would open up hog and deer, I've seen a bunch of hogs and a couple quality deer.

See less See more
#2 ·
Guess I already introduced myself a while back. It must have been during the move and before I knew I was going to be a slave to my house/custody battle payments for the next couple of years. Anyway look forward to meeting some of you guys around that area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.