Florida waterfowl rookie!!!

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

Florida waterfowl rookie!!!

Postby Ckoceja4 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Hello I am new to duck hunting and would like to find somebody to take me out and learn the basics plus some tips from experienced hunters if your willing to tell me any that is lol but I am Cody Koceja so post on here if you have anything options for me! I live in the Tampa area
Ckoceja4
hunter

Re: Florida waterfowl rookie!!!

Postby marshnole11 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:05 pm

yeeaaahh another new person.... (sarcastic voice)
marshnole11
hunter

Postby troutman561 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Scout Tampa bay. Divers and some puddlers all over it.
troutman561
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:34 pm

Good luck bud, going to take more then a "hey, I'm bob, I want to shoot ducks"

Get out there with whatever you got, even if its a canoe. Put time in, if anybody half descent sees you trying, and with the right attitude, you'll get the up and up and possibly a hunting mentor.

Good luck, and let this be a "easier" welcome to FL duck hunting.
Indaswamp wrote:
t_baker wrote:Nice work Jakefromstatefarm.

Crap. On. A. Cracker!! :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: LMAO!!!
"She sounds hideous!" :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby Ckoceja4 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 pm

marshnole11 wrote:yeeaaahh another new person.... (sarcastic voice)

Yeah another one to show you up in the field, new to Florida doesn't mean new to hunting
Ckoceja4
hunter

Postby Ckoceja4 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:36 pm

Didn't mean to put new to duck hunting, I've lived in alaska and hinted for geese and ducks there plenty of times, I meant new to Florida
Ckoceja4
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Ckoceja4 wrote:Didn't mean to put new to duck hunting, I've lived in alaska and hinted for geese and ducks there plenty of times, I meant new to Florida

I didn't assume new to hunting... Like you said new to FL hunting. That alone though, is a tough thing to accomplish. Its kind of like deer hunting, I feel strongly in saying if you take a good deer or duck Hunter from fl, and put him in a northern state, its not going to take long for him to fill a limit... When someone from up north and that style of hunting trys to reproduce results here. It tends to skew in the other direction. FL is filled with countless of individuals whether they sit in the marsh one day or all season of people who have no problem driving a boat within a Lilly pad of you, and setting up. All the while acting like everything is 10 4. Lol, youll see, your first season will be hell. But stick it out and you will be fine.

Good luck.
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:28 pm

Whats with all these folks moving to Tampa this season? Im gonna have to work harder now to kill birds :no:
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Ckoceja4 wrote:
marshnole11 wrote:yeeaaahh another new person.... (sarcastic voice)

Yeah another one to show you up in the field, new to Florida doesn't mean new to hunting

Awesome... its good to know you'll " beat me " in the sport of duck hunting. Hopefully I will still get a trophy at the awards ceremony at the end of the season.

Congrats on having hunted in alaska. Your in a whole new world dorothy. Take everything you learned up there and then learn about ten times more. Duck hunting in that area (especially the bay) is nothing close to easy.

Next time be a bit more specific about being a new " to the state " duck hunter. We have seen a very large influx of " newbies " that want all the info handed to them.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby jakefromflorida » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 am

tmclaimerFL wrote:Whats with all these folks moving to Tampa this season? Im gonna have to work harder now to kill birds :no:

I've noticed that as well, wonder why the SW is getting so much attention...
Indaswamp wrote:

jakefromflorida
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:45 am

Ckoceja4 wrote:Didn't mean to put new to duck hunting, I've lived in alaska and hinted for geese and ducks there plenty of times, I meant new to Florida

"New to duck hunting" and "Florida waterfowl newbie" sorry we thought you didn't duck hunt:?:

Your starting off on the wrong foot boss. Lots of knowledgeable folks on here, but your not going to get much with that attitude. Best of luck. Your going to need it.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting