Panhandle Hunting?

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, Ichabod97, BigBend

Panhandle Hunting?

Postby gapper-slapper » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:28 pm

I am pretty new to the area and was wondering if someone could help me answer a couple of questions I have? Are any parts of the Choctawhatchee Bay open to waterfowl hunting? Same question for the Santa Rosa Sound, I know you can hunt west of the Navarre Bridge, but what about the area of water east of the bridge? If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
gapper-slapper
Newb

Santa Rosa Sound

Postby LYNW_GODAWGS » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:21 pm

I live in Navarre, but I have yet to hunt in the sound, although I plan to this year. I drive to FWB everyday, and have seen people duck hunting around the islands in the sound around Hurlburt. I've never seen any rules or defined hunting perimeters, however, I have heard that you are ok as long as you do not shoot in the direction of any houses or buildings -- meaning - hunt only the undeveloped areas on the sound. If you hear anything else on this topic, please let me know. lyn.wright@mchsi.com Thx,

Lyn
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner, liberty is a well armed lamb protesting the vote.
- Benjamin Franklin
LYNW_GODAWGS
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting