New Moderator

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, Belly up dux, BigBend

New Moderator

Postby patrick.carrington » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:56 pm

Just like to let everyone know that I am a new Moderator for the Florida Forum. Any questions, PM me and I do my best to answer them or direct you to someone how can. Hope to met a few people and maby hunt with a few of you. Anyone near Merritt Island or Guana state park? :salude:
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Postby kg4yus » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:50 am

Welcome aboard, good to see some help as a Mod around here...
Not that we have alot of work to do. We have a great bunch of guys here who keep things sublime so there's not much moderating to be done.

I hunt Merritt Island throughout the season.
I hunted Guana in the past but its a freaking zoo, the last time I was out there some jackleg paddles up at 20 minutes to legal and sarts throwing out decoys I yelled at him to ease on apparently he couldnt se our spread using his mini mag flashlight, he sets up about 60 yds behind us seperating us by a clump of cattails. I figured the guy had enough sense to not shoot in our direction but guess what, he peppers us through the bullrush. No big deal the beavertail blind caught the pellets and stoppped them from entering the boat, of course some choice words were directed towards him.
We had birds cupped and committed in the spread, limited out pretty quick. At the ramp the dudes paddles up just as were about to leave cussing and stomping that we shot every bird that was coming to his spread...whaaaaat....your spread of 12 greanhead mallard decoys......you got to be kidding me. :toofunny:
Last edited by kg4yus on Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mossy Oak-Waterfowl Prostaff
Buck Gardner-Field Staff
Vice Chair- CFL Delta Waterfowl
Regional Director United Waterfowlers
FFWCC Hunter Safety Area Coordinator
kg4yus
hunter

Postby patrick.carrington » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:54 am

Yea not much to do at all. All the guys are really great and the forums look good to. I would like to see a few more. Any questions post'um and one of us might me able to help. I have gotten loads of advise from everyone at the site. Ok, my boss is yelling. :pissed: Later dudes.
Proud Supporter of DOA Game Calls
"When luck just isn't enough!"
patrick.carrington
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting