What's the deal with STA 2

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

What's the deal with STA 2

Postby Hunter1987 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:21 pm

What’s up guys and gals,
I have been lucky enough to get awarded a quota hunt for STA 2 in December; I’ve hunted the other STA’s and love them. However I am unfamiliar with this particular STA and noticed that there is NOT a lot of press, commentaries, or cyber posting's about the place. if you have hunted the place or have some imput please give me some feed-back on STA 2, good or bad it’s all appreciated.
Regards,
:thumbsup:
Life is tough, it's tougher if your're stupid. Sgt. Stryker USMC
Hunter1987
hunter

Re: What's the deal with STA 2

Postby FlaWoodie » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Hunter1987 wrote: there is NOT a lot of press, commentaries, or cyber posting's about the place.
:

Sounds like heaven, never been there, but seems like we outta leave things in cyberland the way they are....non existent :thumbsup:
You pay for you!

Postby marshnole11 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:59 pm

its has been good sporadically for big ducks. otherwise its a ringneck and teal shoot.

Out of all the STA's the only one IMHO that is worse is 3/4 sunday. My experiences at 2 have been feast or famine. but then again I dont go for the easy ringneck shoot and try for big ducks. Which is a huge gamble in that area.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby Glades hunter » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:01 pm

In STA 2 there are only around 25 spots so there is not as much hunters compared to 3/4 where you have about 50 spots.
Glades hunter
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:28 am

Hunter1987 wrote: However I am unfamiliar with this particular STA and noticed that there is NOT a lot of press, commentaries, or cyber posting's about the place. if you have hunted the place

Bet this one shows up in your search now ;)

I drew a morning hunt in late November. Ill be watching this thread.
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby duckinfool72 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:10 am

FlaWoodie wrote:
Hunter1987 wrote: there is NOT a lot of press, commentaries, or cyber posting's about the place.
:

Sounds like heaven, never been there, but seems like we outta leave things in cyberland the way they are....non existent :thumbsup:

well put :thumbsup: wait til next year when they dont get drawn they will be complaining about all the people there and why they didnt get picked. :fingerhead:
DO SOME DAMAGE
duckinfool72
hunter

Postby Hunter1987 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 am

Glades hunter wrote:In STA 2 there are only around 25 spots so there is not as much hunters compared to 3/4 where you have about 50 spots.

Thanks for the info @Glades Hunter,
Hunter1987
hunter

Postby Hunter1987 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 am

duckinfool72 wrote:
FlaWoodie wrote:
:

well put :thumbsup: wait til next year when they dont get drawn they will be complaining about all the people there and why they didnt get picked. :fingerhead:

Not complaining never have never will, just thankful I got picked. This is a limited quota hunt, almost every duck hunter in South Florida hopes to get at least one STA hunt, I don’t think my posting is going to change anything. Open forum to exchange info and promote the sport….that is all :no:
Hunter1987
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:14 am

Just remember that anything you post on here is view-able to the the entire world, literally......I pulled a sat morning hunt for 3/4 in late january so with that being said lol. anyone who wants to ---->PM<----- a Tally boy some much needed info on an area im gonna be striking out blindly to hunt, would be greatly appreciated :biggrin: :hijack:
Last edited by FlaWoodie on Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
You pay for you!

Postby whaknstak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:34 am

This thread pops up in the top three listings on Google now with an entry of "sta 2 duck hunting"

Happens fast.
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1381937582401.jpg
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby marshnole11 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:47 pm

flawoodie... I live in Tally and have hunted 3/4 quite a few times. In fact I will be down to hunt it middle of Jan... Send me a PM and ill help you out.
marshnole11
hunter

Postby whaknstak » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:17 pm

marshnole11 wrote:flawoodie... I live in Tally and have hunted 3/4 quite a few times. In fact I will be down to hunt it middle of Jan... Send me a PM and ill help you out.

Well played sir.

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby FishH2o » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:05 pm

:thumbsup: :lol: :lol: :beer:
FishH2o
hunter

Postby FlaWoodie » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:22 pm

marshnole11 wrote:flawoodie... I live in Tally and have hunted 3/4 quite a few times. In fact I will be down to hunt it middle of Jan... Send me a PM and ill help you out.

pm sent :thumbsup:
You pay for you!

Postby tknight006 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:09 am

The STA's are no secret, and to pretend there is a need to keep the information quiet is somewhat silly.

STA 2 is my favorite (simply due to proximity to family), although STA 5 is best as far as numbers. The best thing to do is to go to the scouting day that they provide.

If anybody wants info, or maps that I have created, shoot me a P.M. I don't mind being the bad guy that gives info about them. Its much different than giving info about secret honey holes in my opinion.
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Postby gino230 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:16 am

PM Sent! I drew STA 2, never been there. Had good luck at STA 3/4 last year.....hoping for more of the same!
gino230
Newb

Postby Cerberus62 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:26 pm

tknight006 wrote:The STA's are no secret, and to pretend there is a need to keep the information quiet is somewhat silly.

STA 2 is my favorite (simply due to proximity to family), although STA 5 is best as far as numbers. The best thing to do is to go to the scouting day that they provide.

If anybody wants info, or maps that I have created, shoot me a P.M. I don't mind being the bad guy that gives info about them. Its much different than giving info about secret honey holes in my opinion.

The STA's being discussed openly isn't the problem, the biggest issue is with how the state is awarding permits.

For the third year in a row neither I or my hunting groups have drawn regular season permits, though I did get one for Early season this year. Yet every year we talk to people who have drawn two, three or more, sometime permits for different places at the same day & time. Many of these excess permits are never used, while the standby lines and lists get longer every year.

Calls directly to the state and the Director are answered with, "It's a random drawing by computer", so why can't they program it so that no one gest a second permit until every available permit is assigned, then start around again? They don't have an answer for that...

The system sucks and has caused a lot of discontent, but it is never changed.
Cerberus62
hunter

Postby tmclaimerFL » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:43 pm

This is why I don't apply for state opportunity hunts.
Only trust those who like big butts, for they cannot lie.
WTN10 wrote:The moral of the story is this: don't cut cabbage when your dog is in heat.

Botiz630 wrote:Finally, I can compensate for my tiny wiener without breaking the bank.
tmclaimerFL
hunter

Postby tknight006 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:35 am

Worst mistake I have ever made was to say that I would be happy to give info on STA 2.

If you guys could only see my inbox!!!!

Trey
Prostaff application pending
tknight006
hunter

Return to Florida Duck Hunting