Season Prep

Discuss Florida duck hunting with other hunters alike.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, badandy970, BigBend, Belly up dux

Re: Season Prep

Postby Coonrod » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 am

whaknstak wrote:
quackhunter99 wrote:Never bothered to put anything on the tail... Had cops behind me and never had anything said. Then again I have a 35 and it sits at such an angle that you would have to be in a large truck for it to be a hazard

Doesn't mean fhp won't pull you and cite you tomorrow. My uncle got cited for this very thing a month ago. He had an orange flag too. Trooper said it had to be red and 12"x12". Press hard five copies.

TImely advice for me.

I have what used to be red ribbon. Neither 12 x 12 nor is it red anymore.
More like translucent pink.
Coonrod
hunter

Postby HOPIN4ABOAT » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Swing into tractor supply or Lowe's and ask for a few, they have them by the case and will usually just hand you two or three flags. They last a while if you keep them out of the sun.
Montanafowler wrote:check the jiblets real good, nothing scarier than seeing a bug biting your balls :lol3:
HOPIN4ABOAT
hunter

Postby c f wingshooter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 am

The long tail will not swing over the side of the boat, sides are too high. I ran everything on sunday. Had the tail of the motor sticking out with a flag did not cause an issue with traffic or local police. Ran the boat for a couple hours and it ran fine. Will have to secure motor better for long range towing. Will install new spark plug today and it looks like im all set. Just have to pick up a duck stamp. Thanks for all the info on trailering. See yall on the water and good luck.
c f wingshooter
hunter

Postby c f wingshooter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:37 am

The long tail will not swing over the side of the boat, sides are too high. I ran everything on sunday. Had the tail of the motor sticking out with a flag did not cause an issue with traffic or local police. Ran the boat for a couple hours and it ran fine. Will have to secure motor better for long range towing. Will install new spark plug today and it looks like im all set. Just have to pick up a duck stamp. Thanks for all the info on trailering. See yall on the water and good luck.
c f wingshooter
hunter

Previous

Return to Florida Duck Hunting